View Poll Results: Do you want Pulse on the BlackBerry Platform?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, OF COURSE! It's a great app and I would like for it to be devloped for BB OS!

36 90.00%
  • No, I don't care for it.

4 10.00%
    So since I went back to my Blackberry from my Android I felt like I was missing out on my daily news and blog feed. Pulse made it so much more convenient and easier to read news and articles from all my sources. For all who have used Pulse knows what I'm referring to. I contacted Pulse through Facebook and was told to get feedback from my BlackBerry friends. And I wish to present this opportunity to add another great application to the Blackberry OS platform. All I need is your help! So chime in below and give your feedback, whether you've used the app on another OS or would like to see the app come to BB OS! Thanks for the support everyone!

Below is a picture of the wall post and comments I exchanged with Pulse, as well as a video from Youtube for those not familiar with Pulse!

Pulse on Android Platform
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/ErK8BZFqo4g

EDIT: Forgot to link everyone to their homepage in case they want to check it out. www.pulse.me
    Last edited by gordonzhao; 10-03-11 at 05:52 PM.
    10-03-11 05:20 PM
    Haven't used it but it looks pretty cool. Would def be up for a BB version!
    gordonzhao likes this.
    10-03-11 05:42 PM
    I think most people would uninstall it after realizing how much data and battery life it was using...
    10-03-11 05:56 PM
    I think most people would uninstall it after realizing how much data and battery life it was using...
    How do you figure this? Especially for an app which isn't developed for the platform yet.
    10-03-11 05:59 PM
    How do you figure this? Especially for an app which isn't developed for the platform yet.
    Why would it function significantly different than the existing app? Odds are it would be similar...
    10-03-11 06:10 PM
    Why would it function significantly different than the existing app? Odds are it would be similar...
    Strange, I've used the app for quite a long time on my Android and I still have it, if you're referring to the updating you can set that to manual or longer intervals. As far as data, if you have it set not to update every hour you're really not using that much data.
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    10-03-11 06:14 PM
    ya seriously... if apple and android users love it and those phones are data hogs... i'm SURE you would not have any complaint on the BB devices since data compression is uber awesome.
    10-03-11 06:44 PM
    Depends how you define "love it"... There's plenty of people reporting issues with it, but regardless this doesn't matter.
    1) The app would have to release (I highly doubt it will). Android development was hideously slow (read, small team, already supporting IOS + android).
    2) You'll either like or hate it as a result after #1 happens.
    10-03-11 06:48 PM
    ya seriously... if apple and android users love it and those phones are data hogs... i'm SURE you would not have any complaint on the BB devices since data compression is uber awesome.
    Agreed. And to be honest with all the surfing I did on my Android, I literally had to charge up twice a day because I was using it so extensively, not just Pulse, but back to my point, with that much usage I never went over my 5GB high speed cap....

Depends how you define "love it"... There's plenty of people reporting issues with it, but regardless this doesn't matter.
    1) The app would have to release (I highly doubt it will). Android development was hideously slow (read, small team, already supporting IOS + android).
    2) You'll either like or hate it as a result after #1 happens.
    I think you just need to be more optimistic and have a little faith in the smaller companies. I "can" say I think a lot about some products which RIM offers in that same sense, but I'm optimistic, and they usually release something up to par. Have some faith!
    10-03-11 06:58 PM
    I think you just need to be more optimistic and have a little faith in the smaller companies. I "can" say I think a lot about some products which RIM offers in that same sense, but I'm optimistic, and they usually release something up to par. Have some faith!
    Optimistic based on what? You got a canned response from a small company with limited resources to develop on a new platform.

You can say I should be optimistic, but it's not based on anything, it's just hope.
    10-03-11 07:01 PM
    Optimistic based on what? You got a canned response from a small company with limited resources to develop on a new platform.

You can say I should be optimistic, but it's not based on anything, it's just hope.
    Yes, the initial response was not very pleasant. But seeing how the app has turned out for the many other platforms, it's worth a shot. The only thing I'm putting into it is a bit of time on the forums which I do either way or sit on the computer for a bit. Here's some real life examples, I live in a big city, Chicago, I often times go to the "local tool store" rather than Home Depot, or a local coffee shop rather than a Starbucks. The tool store has better service and the coffee shop has way better coffee than Starbucks. My point being, just because they are small and possibly have limited resources doesn't mean they can't develop outstanding applications on new platforms, and OS 7 pretty much being a revamped OS 6 is not very "new."

Not to sound like a smart ***, or maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment, you realize to be optimistic is to have hope, or to be hopeful. So yes, sometimes all you can do is hope and the underdog might come out on top.
    10-03-11 07:12 PM
    Use Pulse on my THRiVE and love it!
    10-05-11 12:07 AM
    Pulse is a awesome application!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 12:38 AM
    Use Pulse on my THRiVE and love it!
    Pulse is a awesome application!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Glad you guys enjoy the app too! I would like to get more feed back and let Pulse know there is a lot of people using BlackBerry that would love to have Pulse on their phones too, can you do me a favor and tell some friends or pass it along and have them leave a comment or at least take the poll? Thanks!
    10-05-11 01:38 PM
    I have it loaded on my NookColor, love it.
    10-05-11 02:57 PM
    Hey everyone check out the forum on Pulse where there are also other BlackBerry fans!

Any chance for a Pulse News Reader on blackberry?
    10-10-11 09:04 PM
    bumps my head
    10-24-11 05:31 PM
    I voted Yes, cause more Apps = Better platform, but this looks exactly like BB News on the Playbook. Granted, the Playbook cant share links because it doesn't have Email/Twitter/Facebook integration yet, but neither would this App, for QNX at this time.

Of course, I forget BB News is only available in select countries...
    10-25-11 12:00 PM
    I voted Yes, cause more Apps = Better platform, but this looks exactly like BB News on the Playbook. Granted, the Playbook cant share links because it doesn't have Email/Twitter/Facebook integration yet, but neither would this App, for QNX at this time.

Of course, I forget BB News is only available in select countries...
    I haven't played with BB news for the PB, but I'm not a fan of the one for one for the mobile devices, the UI is so bland. Especially now with touchscreen on the OS 7 devices they should improve BB news to a more user friendly interface, which is why I liked Pulse so much on my Android based device.

You're right, you can't send it via native apps, but you can sync it to your pulse account, read me later account (if I'm not mistaken) and google reader. Which in turn you can access that and send it on your playbook via the browser (for now), phone and computer.
    10-25-11 11:40 PM
    i use Pulse daily on my Galaxy Tab. it's really great. Would love a BB version!
    So far i use BB news, gets the job done but it's pretty slow and not officially supported in my country ( thanks rroy )
    Last edited by balenax; 10-26-11 at 02:15 AM.
    10-26-11 02:11 AM
    bump

Get this done! Playbook as well!!!
    02-16-12 01:41 PM
    "News catcher" for the playbook is similiar. Also awesome. Not available for os7 though. But great on play book. Much better than current version of bb news!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-16-12 04:26 PM
    Pulse is hands down the best news feed app around IMHO. I use it quite a bit.

Hope you guys get it, good luck!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
    02-16-12 04:46 PM
    The Android app works perfectly on the PlayBook. Hoping they will officially submit it to App World for PlayBook and BB10 phones.
    02-16-12 08:48 PM
    Pulse is a great app... a must have for Playbook (if and when it comes out)!
    02-16-12 08:51 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD