Well folks, the Bellshare team has been hard at work and they now bring you BerryWeather 2.1. This build features a complete rework of the core and it runs much better with less memory use and less lag.

Change log (via Bellshare forum)
    New Features/Bug Fixes in 2.1
    - Complete rework of the core. BerryWeather will now fully close the UI when sent to background. The homescreen wallpaper and icon will keep updating. Unloading the UI should save a lot of memory and avoid many potential memory leaks.
    - Major rework of internal data storage. Only basic location data will be persisted across reboots. Other data is automatically reloaded approx 60s after reboot or when BerryWeather UI is opened
    - Using new server protocol to improve update speeds and minimze CPU load
    - Changed forecast/advisory update settings. New option 'With Forecats' for advisory will update advisories whenever forecasts are updated, 'Never' will never update advisories
    - Added data+settings backup to memory card
    - Added support for setting the icon size on homescreen walllpaper
    - Added support for blacking out the settings screen (on by default)
    - Added support for selecting whether to show radar/webcam links in internal viewer or browser (allows adding mp3/video/hrml links)
    - Fixed lag on image browser for background image selection
    - Fixed lag issues on BlackBerry Tour (and other devices)
    - Fixed several potential memory leaks
    - Fixed errors on first time built-in map loading
    IMPORTANT NOTE: Version 2.1 is using a new storage format. This means all data will be lost. Make sure you write down your custom radar links before upgrading!

You can participate in the public beta by downloading here. Please be sure to download the correct version for your OS.

As pointed out by Sling below, it is recommended you uninstall v2 prior to installing 2.1. Thanks for the tip sling.
    Last edited by greggov; 01-23-10 at 10:10 AM.
    01-23-10 07:45 AM
    downloading now. thanks
    01-23-10 07:48 AM
    I'll give it a shot, love this program, hope its really better
    01-23-10 08:25 AM
    I giving it a shot again. I was not happy with the memory leak before and hated that it was always open. I mean I was rebooting my poor 8130 at least once an hour - even with no use - on 2.0.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 08:55 AM
    I'll give it a shot! Love this weatherr app. but the memory leaks were a pain. I hope tlhis beta addresses that issue.
    01-23-10 09:11 AM
    Best BW build ever!
    01-23-10 09:21 AM
    I'd like to try this Beta too, I am a registered BW2.0 user. Should I do an uninstall->BatteryPull->install Beta type of thing, or simply install on top of the existing 2.0 installation?
    01-23-10 09:45 AM
    I'd like to try this Beta too, I am a registered BW2.0 user. Should I do an uninstall->BatteryPull->install Beta type of thing, or simply install on top of the existing 2.0 installation?
    There's a Complete rework of core.
    Un-install 2.0 first
    Last edited by Slingbox; 01-23-10 at 09:55 AM.
    01-23-10 09:51 AM
    I downloaded 2.1 and did not uninstall previous version 2.0. All settings were saved except personalized radar/webcam settings which I had to re-enter.
    All looks good!
    01-23-10 10:16 AM
    For clean 2.1 install I strongly recommend removing 2.0 version first
    Lots of changes have been made- settings/core of app that could clash with current 2.0 version
    Last edited by Slingbox; 01-23-10 at 10:25 AM.
    01-23-10 10:18 AM
    Lots of changes have been made- settings/core of app that could clash with current 2.0 version
    +1. X100! Users should be VERY happy with this build.
    01-23-10 10:44 AM
    Looks sweet. Hope it clears up the 30 second lag/freeze it get once in awhile on my 9700. They are finaly starting to get some apps for the BB that rival/surpass the iPhone and best thing is they run in the background.
    01-23-10 10:55 AM
    Looks sweet. Hope it clears up the 30 second lag/freeze it get once in awhile on my 9700. They are finaly starting to get some apps for the BB that rival/surpass the iPhone and best thing is they run in the background.
    No more lag freeze.
    No more leak
    Excellent battery life
    01-23-10 11:01 AM
    Can't download, uncaught exception application?

01-23-10 11:06 AM

Did you uninstall first with a reboot?

I would try again.
    01-23-10 11:17 AM
    I did not uninstall first, but I am going to now. Since I have 2.1 installed, I just did a backup. Now I'm going to uninstall and reinstall and restore. Easy.

01-23-10 11:19 AM
    Just installed and everything seems to be QUITE a bit snappier. Even loading new locations is about twice as fast for it to process. I'm still concerned about the lag issue since I just loaded this, but it already there is a tremendous difference from the previous build. I'm hopeful of this one. Impressed so far.
    01-23-10 11:21 AM

Un-install & Double check build link used to install
    01-23-10 11:25 AM
    Just redownloaded...works great!!

01-23-10 11:25 AM
    Long time user here. Thanks!

01-23-10 11:26 AM
    Agreed, you definitley want to do this. My icon would only display N/A until I deleted 2.0, then reinstalled 2.1
    01-23-10 11:46 AM
    Great update. It would be nice if you had the ability to change the color of the the weather/temperature icon (like the home screen icon) on the wallpaper mode since white does not work with some wallpapers.
    01-23-10 11:46 AM
    Great update. It would be nice if you had the ability to change the color of the the weather/temperature icon (like the home screen icon) on the wallpaper mode since white does not work with some wallpapers.
    heheh its funny you bring that up.
    Keep your eye out for some change being made to icon in this beta session
    01-23-10 11:51 AM
    I UNinstalled the prior version.

BUT I get a totally white screen. I granted permissions. I can back out of the screen with the RED button.

Rebooting now to see if that clears it.

edited to add: Rebooting cleared whatever the issue was!!!

BACKING UP THE SETTINGS IS GREAT. After adding all of my radar and cameras each time was getting pretty tedious. This will be terrific if it works as intended. Darn but Seattle does not have a functioning WeatherRadio station (I listen to it daily on a real weather radio and was hoping for this feature to work)

Seems pretty fast in updating locations. Not sure yet if they solved the LAG - time will tell. About a week ago, I abandoned Beweather and was using BBweather due to the lag. Also shall be watching for battery issues.
    Last edited by F2; 01-23-10 at 12:36 PM.
    01-23-10 12:07 PM
    The new version seems to be unable to use cell-tower location. It constantly fails when set to cell-tower only. This worked in the previous version.

Device: Tour
    01-23-10 12:47 PM
388 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD