05-06-14 11:12 AM
79 1234
tools
    nevermind....corporate firewall was at fault. playing now....
    05-10-11 11:59 AM
    over wi-fi, no issues. lag is maybe a second and a half at worst.

however, I cannot navigate in any BBM group, and if I enter a group manually, I get disconnected.
    05-10-11 12:06 PM
    I'm on a social networking plan with my carrier, so I get BBM, Facebook, Twitter. Do I need data to run this on my desktop, or does an account that connects my device and PC suffice? Does it even matter?
    05-10-11 12:20 PM
    Nice app and does seem to work for me...but no groups is a bummer and limits it's usefulness for me.
    05-10-11 12:38 PM
    I think this could be the start of a great app.

Just the thing, that I use my BB for my data conection on the laptop, and since this disables all data conection on my BB I can't seem to get this going.

Do I necesarily have to be over a data conection, not my Blackberry's? If this is so, this is not the app for me.

Thank you tho... this is some progress towards something good!

- MPC
    05-10-11 12:42 PM
    so after downloading and then trying to connect my device crashed. then i got it working.........

its soooooooo sloooooowwwww. unfortunately i do not have wifi on my BB. Would be cool if we could use the app over a blue tooth connection.

i also didnt enjoy the fact that screen orientation mattered, maybe a built in tilt-lock can help.

all in all, id have to say that this is a great start to an innovative app.

thanks for sharing with us!
    05-10-11 12:47 PM
    I wish the folks at RIM would take note and make an official desktop client for both Windows and the Mac.

While it's online, it could do a network check on your device PIN and set an auto status message such as "at computer" or a message of your choice. This would be awesome for BIS users and possibly useful for BES device implementation as well.
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    05-10-11 12:57 PM
    THIS is what Fabian was talking about but never got back to me on the other day! I'll check it out tonight, I'm sure our firewall will block it, it has a dislike for stuff like this.
    05-10-11 01:16 PM
    after reading these comments i don't think i'll install this app lol
    05-10-11 01:23 PM
    thats pretty cool!

wonder how much data it uses?
    05-10-11 01:35 PM
    Daniel,

OK, so I tried it from work anyways and can report it does NOT work through our firewall. It's just hanging at the connecting state on the PC, and the BB side is hanging waiting for the PC. I'm certain it's our firewall balking at the unusual traffic it is seeing from the website client. Could be it recognizes it's an IM (which we tend to block) OR it doesn't like something in the security.
    05-10-11 01:50 PM
    Awesome, thnaks. I just tried it and works great. It's a little slow to respond, but it works fine.
    05-10-11 02:47 PM
    niceee!!! its cool it also works with your text sms contacts!!!! (if you create them in BB messenger as a sms contact!!!)
    05-10-11 03:28 PM
    I know it's beta. Too much lag over wifi, and 3g. Should be able to close bbm and still have it work. Also not sure if u need a full exact replica of the bbm on device. Great idea! Maybe just some tuning. Maybe bluetooth driect to laptop would be faster. not sure. thanks for getting this concept started!
    05-10-11 03:43 PM
    What if you streamed a low-quality greyscale image instead? Not sure if RIMs APIs allow that kind of manipulation.
    05-10-11 04:28 PM
    This is very promising indeed. Love it! Hope that you guys do expand out of the BBM app and maybe control the whole phone.
    05-10-11 05:10 PM
    Yes, it was the firewall, it works fine at home. Well, fine is not the right word. Conceptually I LOVE this, BUT it's not ready yet, even with wifi, it's just too slow, and it gets disconnected too much. Yea it reconnects right away, BUT between the lag and the disconnects, it's tough to have a conversation with someone. HOWEVER I LOVE the concept of this app, if you guys can only get it optimized, and I'm sure you will. I'll do what I can. I'll spend some time with it this weekend.
    05-10-11 06:31 PM
    Very lag and super slow, use WIFI, BTW the idea is good
    05-10-11 08:31 PM
    I just downloaded this. I Like it a lot.. I was able to do everything that I do in BBM on my PC (including using the native smilies). Can't wait to use it more..
    05-10-11 09:44 PM
    I tried it, but I am very hesitant.. This app looks like a "remote access" type program.. like PCANYWHERE.. Din't BOMGAR already do this? It seems it only allows the connection to show BBM, but the quality of the screen on the web is poor and very laggy.. I don't mind trying out new apps, but it seems that this one is waaaaay tooo close as a remote control app.. I trust your company, but just seems to open the door to possibly control my device or access it remotely.. I don't think my company would like that..

Good IDEA, but I don't think this is the right resolution..

Joey

PS.. the BLURTS app for SMS via Bluetooth was the right direction, just needed to add BBM..
    05-10-11 09:51 PM
    This app has blown me away...Had me giddy like a pre teen school girl.

Off the bat it was simple...cant beat simple. I loved the effortlessness of it all. Once it connected there was lag and i was using it on wifi which really didnt bothrer me much because i've learnt to be patient with technology. The direct interface with my messenger app of my bold wigged me the eff out. Very Impressive.

As amazing as the app is thou, i cant use smilies...that sucks balls -_-

I dont mind not being able to exit messenger on my phone...seeing that all i have to do i reconnect with the web app and its up and running again.

All i'd ask right now is to not have the desktop experience be web based. I'd like to install the app and also my laptop has Bluetooth. I dont have wifi everywhere and i dont think my EDGE would keep my attention going.

Good Job CCApps
    05-10-11 11:28 PM
    would be nice to have it work on BBM group chat though. it just tell me my bbm was closed whenever i go into group chat.
    05-11-11 02:34 AM
    hi,
    works nice, sometimes its slow but overall very good.
    is there any chance for an iphone app for this?? so we can have our bb on the iphone??

hope so...

thanks.
    05-11-11 04:25 AM
    Tried it at work but it wouldn't connect to my BB. Guess it must have been a firewall or something as I can access the web interface at home. But, I can't send BBMs to any contacts? I type in the box, hit enter and the message disappears but nothing seems to send?

I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple but if anyone can give me a few tips that'd be much appreciated.

edit: ah, figured it out. I had my BB resting on the case which put it on standby. Doesn't seem to play nice when the phone is holstered.
    Last edited by NinjaBread; 05-11-11 at 06:08 AM.
    05-11-11 05:52 AM
    Any Chance of going Bluetooth to speed things up ??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 06:40 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD