Great App, this is a concept that ive personaly been waiting for a long time to be developed! the security issue was the only thing that gave me some doubts, but if you guys say that everything is encrypted... then its awsome!! the speed is great! the only thing that i do suggest, work on the design of how itll appear on the pc! CHEERS! GREAT JOB!!
    05-11-11 07:28 AM
    Such a great app! It may have it's down time but hey... It works! I'll try this over wifi next. Using 3G is slow. Thanks!
    05-11-11 07:56 AM
    This looks promising for when the lag is eliminated and support is groups is added.
    05-11-11 08:52 AM
    Used this with both devices on a 2.5Mbps line. Windows XP Google Chrome and Blackberry 8900. Experience was pretty laggy, but only on the computer side. I could press a button or type something in and see it happen instantly on my device, but it was taking a while for that to reflect on the computer.

Small points:
    • When creating an account, scrolling up and down seemed ultra sensitive? I struggled to get it on the right input field for ages (might just be me)
    • The "type here" box doesn't work for me. If I type in the type here box, nothing happens on my device. However if I use the controls to click into a conversation, then start typing there, it works fine. And the text doesn't enter the "Type here" field.

Really brilliant idea though. I'd love if you could do this over USB (to guarantee a quick connection) and have full use of your blackberry. That way while I'm sat at my computer I could reply to BBMs and SMSs ultra quick using my PC keyboard.

Good work, very impressive.
    05-11-11 12:15 PM
    Small points:[*]The "type here" box doesn't work for me. If I type in the type here box, nothing happens on my device. However if I use the controls to click into a conversation, then start typing there, it works fine. And the text doesn't enter the "Type here" field.
    Good work, very impressive.
    Hey,
    did u hit enter after you typed in the "type here" box? the enter button sends the message.
    05-11-11 01:01 PM
    Just tested this out and it works! Kinda slow, but blame it on my ISP and my carrier though Will do a review of it and put it on the magazine I worked for. Hope to see improvement here and there and hopefully, when it reached out of public beta, the price won't be too expensive. Keep up the good work!
    05-11-11 08:06 PM
    It wouldn't work for me today. I'll try it tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 08:08 PM
    Wow, working awesome!! I'm going to give this a try on my samsung Tablet... seems quite seemless on my computer.
    05-12-11 12:49 AM
    now, if this could be made to work on an iphone...

that would get a lot of people interested
    05-12-11 09:10 AM
    now, if this could be made to work on an iphone...

that would get a lot of people interested
    How so? You'd still need a BlackBerry to begin with. I can't see people with an iPhone buying the device and playing for BIS just so they can leave their device home and BBM from the iPhone...

At least, that's how it would work with this app as it is.
    05-12-11 09:49 AM
    thats exactly what i mean
    that is how i would use it and it would be useful to me
    05-12-11 10:35 AM
    Doens't work for me, after I installed the WebMessenger it gives this error:

Error starting WebMessenger: Class 'net.rim.device.api.system.EventInjector $TouchEvent' not found.
    05-12-11 01:25 PM
    Doens't work for me, after I installed the WebMessenger it gives this error:

Error starting WebMessenger: Class 'net.rim.device.api.system.EventInjector $TouchEvent' not found.
    Hi,

What OS was the device you tried the app on?
    At the moment, OS 4.6 devices and below are not supported.

Thanks
    05-13-11 01:27 AM
    I LOVE THIS APP, at least for me! cuz I have a cam over my head! and my chief is always checking what we r doing at work, so If he sees u're using your cellphone a lot amount of time, he asks u why! so, now I can use my bbm on my pc! and nobody knows! How a great guy I am! lol
    05-13-11 03:13 AM
    Here is the Facebook page to Fixmo Web Messenger: Fixmo Web Messenger | Facebook

Make sure to become a Fan!
    05-13-11 05:16 AM
    Hi,

What OS was the device you tried the app on?
    At the moment, OS 4.6 devices and below are not supported.

Thanks
    It was the OS that causes the problem.
    Now it's working perfect, but a little slow.
    05-14-11 04:20 AM
    Tried it, did not work.
    05-15-11 05:14 PM
    Tried it, did not work.
    What exactly doesn't work? Did u set up an account?

05-16-11 02:33 AM
    What exactly doesn't work? Did u set up an account?

Yes, I set up an account. It said "Registration Success" then when I go on the web browser it says "Connecting" but never connects.
    05-16-11 05:15 AM
    Yes, I set up an account. It said "Registration Success" then when I go on the web browser it says "Connecting" but never connects.
    Did you install the BB app, and is it running on your BB? Also are you on a work PC, or some other PC (school??) connected to a firewall?
    05-16-11 12:02 PM
    Did you install the BB app, and is it running on your BB? Also are you on a work PC, or some other PC (school??) connected to a firewall?
    The "Registration Success" was through the App.

I am using it at home Chrome Mac OS
    05-16-11 07:46 PM
    it looks great but can you help me with this idea, for some of ous in work we get internet restriction, so would not be able to go to the web messenger page to start using the app, is there a may that i can install the app in the computer so then sync the app in the pc and the bb and don`t get the need of internet. this app will help me a lot in my work for sure if there is a chance of it
    05-18-11 11:19 AM
    Just tested fixmo, and it works! To be honest, it's not like what I thought it would be.
    The screen on my web browser went blank in less than a minute after connected successfully, I thought it was disconnected. But when I typed something in the "type box", it came out my my BB. So I can type from PC but still have to see the BB screen.
    It's kind of using PC as keyboard for your BB. I would rather using mini keyboard connected to my BB.
    06-02-11 01:06 PM
    Downloaded and tested...great concept but definitely still beta

The problem i had (using over wifi) was when I tried typing in the box on the web interface and hit enter, it added %20 between each word. If I just typed, not in the box, it sent it to my BB in almost real time, but took a few seconds to show up on the computer.

Great concept...looking forward to seeing it progress.
    06-10-11 07:32 PM
    Greetings from Team Fixmo!

As you may have noticed, a new version of Fixmo Web Messenger is now available on various BlackBerry app stores marking the end of the Fixmo Web Messenger Beta.

We wanted to thank the members of this forum for participating in the Fixmo Web Messenger Beta over the last 6 weeks. We hope you enjoyed the experience and we sincerely appreciate the level of engagement and feedback that this community has provided on our latest product. As a special thank-you, beta users can use the Mobihand coupon code �FWMBETA� to purchase Fixmo Web Messenger for a special price of $1.99 (instead of our already discounted launch price of $2.99).

What�s new in Fixmo Web Messenger 1.0?
    � Improved the responsiveness through a new "local Wi-fi" feature that forms a direct connection with your device over Wi-Fi
    � Conveniently pop-out the Fixmo Web Messenger application into its own browser window
    � New BBM message notifications through the web browser tabs
    �Enhanced application security
    �Support for international characters
    �Minor bug fixes

You can redeem the coupon for the next week from the Mobihand store.

Thanks for trying Fixmo Web Messenger Beta!

Ryan & Fixmo Team

Hey CB-Community!

I�m sure many of you are also addicted to BlackBerry Messenger� well, we at Fixmo came up with a new solution:
    Fixmo Web Messenger � finally you can have BlackBerry Messenger on the Desktop.
    And now you have the chance to help beta test this new App!

Please read here how to get started:
    1) Go to Fixmo Web Messenger � BlackBerry Messenger on the Web | Fixmo Inc. on your BB to download
    2) Open the mobile App and create a new account with your email address and a password more than 8 characters, this is needed to log in to your BBM
    3) Click on Connect
    4) Now go to Fixmo Web Messenger Download | Fixmo Inc. and enter your login information there.
    Click on Connect on the web interface and you should be ready to use BlackBerry Messenger from your desktop.

If it isn't working:
    - Send us a log from your BB by going menu->Show Log then menu->Email log. Please provide as much information as possible
    - Are you on a corporate BES? Are there any device permissions which
    may prevent you from using this application? If so, which ones?
    (there is currently a known issue with Corporate BES permissions on
    certain devices)

Things to test:
    - Turn-off your Wi-fi and try it on 3G, how fast is the Web application
    refreshing your BBM?
    - Turn on your Wi-fi, how fast is the Web application refreshing your
    BBM?

Tips:
    - If you are finding the application slow, try putting your BB on a wifi network. This should speed things up.
    - If you have a touch screen device, use the PC mouse to navigate around by clicking on the screen.
    - Use the box above the arrow key to type chat messages into, then press enter.
    - Use the PC keyboard arrow keys to navigate through BBM

Do you have any other suggestions/feedback? Please let us know.

06-21-11 08:52 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD