Greetings from Team Fixmo!

As you may have noticed, a new version of Fixmo Web Messenger is now available on various BlackBerry app stores marking the end of the Fixmo Web Messenger Beta.

We wanted to thank the members of this forum for participating in the Fixmo Web Messenger Beta over the last 6 weeks. We hope you enjoyed the experience and we sincerely appreciate the level of engagement and feedback that this community has provided on our latest product. As a special thank-you, beta users can use the Mobihand coupon code �FWMBETA� to purchase Fixmo Web Messenger for a special price of $1.99 (instead of our already discounted launch price of $2.99).

What�s new in Fixmo Web Messenger 1.0?
    � Improved the responsiveness through a new "local Wi-fi" feature that forms a direct connection with your device over Wi-Fi
    � Conveniently pop-out the Fixmo Web Messenger application into its own browser window
    � New BBM message notifications through the web browser tabs
    �Enhanced application security
    �Support for international characters
    �Minor bug fixes

You can redeem the coupon for the next week from the Mobihand store.

Thanks for trying Fixmo Web Messenger Beta!

Ryan & Fixmo Team

Hey CB-Community!

I�m sure many of you are also addicted to BlackBerry Messenger� well, we at Fixmo came up with a new solution:
    Fixmo Web Messenger � finally you can have BlackBerry Messenger on the Desktop.
    And now you have the chance to help beta test this new App!

Please read here how to get started:
    1) Go to Fixmo Web Messenger � BlackBerry Messenger on the Web | Fixmo Inc. on your BB to download
    2) Open the mobile App and create a new account with your email address and a password more than 8 characters, this is needed to log in to your BBM
    3) Click on Connect
    4) Now go to Fixmo Web Messenger Download | Fixmo Inc. and enter your login information there.
    Click on Connect on the web interface and you should be ready to use BlackBerry Messenger from your desktop.

If it isn't working:
    - Send us a log from your BB by going menu->Show Log then menu->Email log. Please provide as much information as possible
    - Are you on a corporate BES? Are there any device permissions which
    may prevent you from using this application? If so, which ones?
    (there is currently a known issue with Corporate BES permissions on
    certain devices)

Things to test:
    - Turn-off your Wi-fi and try it on 3G, how fast is the Web application
    refreshing your BBM?
    - Turn on your Wi-fi, how fast is the Web application refreshing your
    BBM?

Tips:
    - If you are finding the application slow, try putting your BB on a wifi network. This should speed things up.
    - If you have a touch screen device, use the PC mouse to navigate around by clicking on the screen.
    - Use the box above the arrow key to type chat messages into, then press enter.
    - Use the PC keyboard arrow keys to navigate through BBM

Do you have any other suggestions/feedback? Please let us know.

Last edited by CCApps; 06-21-11 at 08:51 PM. Reason: New links and coupons
    sahloe, mpatchez, pkcable and 3 others like this.
    05-10-11 02:13 AM
    Just tested this out on my Tour and it works but very slow over 3G like you said. As for a beta, it looks pretty promising. Keep up the good work!
    05-10-11 03:14 AM
    To be honest: That's not my idea of BBM on desktop. The fact that BBM has to be open and the streaming of the whole device screen make it even worser.
    Why shouln't I take PCKeys or so?! You are streaming my whole device screen to nowhere and your connection isn't secure at all... Watch out when RIM knocks on your door.
    05-10-11 03:47 AM
    Wow another innovation from the Fixmo team!

I probably won't be able to light up my PC and really test until this afternoon. (It's 1:50:49 AM for me right now.)

It will be really interesting to see this progress…

Are there any thoughts/plans on integrating BBM "smilies" into this?
    05-10-11 03:53 AM
    To be honest: That's not my idea of BBM on desktop. The fact that BBM has to be open and the streaming of the whole device screen make it even worser.
    Why shouln't I take PCKeys or so?! You are streaming my whole device screen to nowhere and your connection isn't secure at all... Watch out when RIM knocks on your door.
    I agree with this. I'm somehow concerned about security with this. An encrypted https connections is the least you should do even in beta. As this is at the moment i could aslo use other tools which stream my bb screen. Who do i know you're not streaming non bbm stuff?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 03:57 AM
    Hi there,

The streamed data is entirely encrypted between device and PC.
    This app is safe to use even on public wifi networks.

Thanks
    05-10-11 04:13 AM
    I've tried this for a while now. It runs, but slowly. It lags about 4 - 5 seconds and I can clearly see my Mac trying to process the image on my screen, coz the screen quality actually gets better after a while.
    Other then that, everything works.

The not cool part is that BBM must be open.
    But I just LOVE your work.
    05-10-11 04:24 AM
    I've tried this for a while now. It runs, but slowly. It lags about 4 - 5 seconds and I can clearly see my Mac trying to process the image on my screen, coz the screen quality actually gets better after a while.
    Other then that, everything works.

The not cool part is that BBM must be open.
    But I just LOVE your work.
    Thanks for trying the app out!
    Was your BB connected to wifi or mobile network when you were using it?
    thanks
    05-10-11 04:27 AM
    Thanks for trying the app out!
    Was your BB connected to wifi or mobile network when you were using it?
    thanks
    I was on a 3G connection.
    05-10-11 04:28 AM
    I was on a 3G connection.
    Yes - 3G can be quite slow.
    If you can, I would recommend connecting to a wifi network and trying again. Makes a big difference.

Thanks
    05-10-11 04:31 AM
    i like the whole idea of bbm on your desktop, but i think that because the app/bbm has to be open etc. it defeats the object. and id rather i downloaded a program then doing it on my web browser. but the whole concept is great, well done!!
    05-10-11 04:45 AM
    i like the whole idea of bbm on your desktop, but i think that because the app/bbm has to be open etc. it defeats the object. and id rather i downloaded a program then doing it on my web browser. but the whole concept is great, well done!!
    Thanks for the feedback.

The idea we had in mind is that you have a tab in your web browser for BBM, in the same way that a lot of people have a tab open in their web browser for email.
    05-10-11 04:52 AM
    Wow another innovation from the Fixmo team!

I probably won't be able to light up my PC and really test until this afternoon. (It's 1:50:49 AM for me right now.)

It will be really interesting to see this progress�

Are there any thoughts/plans on integrating BBM "smilies" into this?
    Nice idea - I think we could do some nice integration with "smilies" actually.
    05-10-11 05:04 AM
    Thanks for the feedback.

The idea we had in mind is that you have a tab in your web browser for BBM, in the same way that a lot of people have a tab open in their web browser for email.
    Nice idea - I think we could do some nice integration with "smilies" actually.
    aye well when you put it like that a tab would be good. perhaps you could make it into an add on for a browser like firefox? and i agree, smilies is a great idea!!!
    05-10-11 06:11 AM
    Downloaded and working, this is great, thanks CCApps.

There is lag, but non the less superb work
    05-10-11 07:20 AM
    Downloaded and working, this is great, thanks CCApps.

There is lag, but non the less superb work
    When you are on a 2G or a 3G network, you might notice a lag. For best results, connect it to a wifi network.
    05-10-11 09:17 AM
    anyone have luck using this with groups?
    05-10-11 09:36 AM
    You guys at Fixmo never cease To amaze me...

EDIT: So, is the space bar supposed to act as an enter? Also, �, �, �, etc are not showing right.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-10-11 at 11:36 AM.
    05-10-11 11:24 AM
    gotta love this!!!

one thing id love to see is the UI from BBM for playbook instead, but as it is this is great
    05-10-11 11:27 AM
    Lol, excellent guys! I'll test this out on my first day at my internship today

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 11:29 AM
    Great idea, but still trying to connect. I wonder if FIXMO's site is being overloaded?
    05-10-11 11:31 AM
    Can't access groups...
    Slow even on wifi... (picture quality is blurry and then sharpens up in 2 - 3 sec when you go into a chat or type a message, typing is very slow...)

Thats about all I found so far

Nice concept but not really what I am looking for...thanks
    05-10-11 11:45 AM
    Have Error when i try and start app

"Error starting
    WebMessenger:Class
    'net.rim.device.api.system.Ev
    entInjector$TouchEvent'
    not found"
    05-10-11 11:54 AM
    same issues. hanging on the "connect" screen/"waiting for Web Browser connection.

hopefully it connects, I wanna see this in action. Anybody else have any PCKeys comparisons yet?
    I downloaded and followed instructions. Tested in full wIFI and also in 3G. This application is really slow no matter what you do. I type in key on my laptop keyboard and they dont show up on the screen but i see them on my device.
    Also you have to keep your device open with the application running. I thought i could leave my device in my holster and use the web browser to command the messenger. This is not what i thought it was going to be. Im glad Fixmo has come up with another application but not sure if i can find any benefit to this unless the device can stay put and i can do other things while the laptop browser does its thing. Thats pretty much all i have to say at this time.
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD