I tried out the trial version of ProtectedSMS this morning.

Installed it on my trusty 9650 and it worked fine.

Installed it on my wifes 8530 Curve and it did terrible.

When I sent the wife curve a text message using this app. her phone slow down so
    much you would think it was locked up. Did a battery pull and same result but this time someone called while it was being so slow then a java exception error appeared.

Needless to say I deleted the app on the Curve.

Anyone else have this issue?

Bummed that it didn't work on her phone as I did like it on mine.

Perhaps this apps makers should remove OS5 8530 Curve from their list for this app.

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 10-08-11 at 10:13 PM.
    10-02-11 10:52 AM
    Reinstalled and downloaded the update (not sure why they do not have the newest version in App World yet) and seems to be working on the Curve now.

Was $49.95 now $9.95. Now that's a price drop.

Tim
    10-02-11 12:05 PM
    Just went to the makers website, signed up for the support forum and found it all
    in Chinese or something.

I can find no other way of contacting these folks about the issue with their product.

I want to give it a good rating in App World as it worked on my phone but this is not helping!

Tim
    10-02-11 02:44 PM
    Reinstalled and downloaded the update (not sure why they do not have the newest version in App World yet) and seems to be working on the Curve now.

Was $49.95 now $9.95. Now that's a price drop.

Tim
    10-02-11 04:05 PM
    Went to the support section of their website and the forums now seemed locked down.
    No way to contact support.

App is nice, but it needs a way to delete both copies of a text message. Sort of a pain
    deleting it once within the program and once again outside the program if a regular text message.

Also having the ability to turn it off (the app) and on would be a good one too.

Tim
    10-08-11 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD