guys, what are the differences between purchasing apps from CB store vs. bb app store? I bought all of mine so far from CB but I noticed that some CB apps are buck or two more sometimes. I like purchasing from CB because when I have to swap out phones, it is very easy to get the apps back.

does BB appstore have this same feature?
    04-09-10 04:46 PM
    If I do a purchase I do it off of crackberry or mobihand. I agree with you if you purchase off crackberry its easy to get it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 05:27 PM
    The biggest difference for me is that AppWorld (total POS) sucks, CB doesn't.
    04-09-10 09:29 PM
    i like when they have deals, like the 20% off everything. plus it's a lot simpler to pay for stuff, it's just like getting something on ebay.
    04-09-10 10:30 PM
    I must be weird. I kind of like browsing the BB app store app. And the purchases get pinned to your phone. I am almost 100% certain that when you switch devices, the apps go with you - you login using your paypal account info.
    04-09-10 10:47 PM
    The BlackBerry AppWorld Store LOST all of my purchases. There is no record of them in the My World listing.

It also refuses to accept my PayPal password (which is correct, cuz it works on ebay).

I have tried it on three seperate BlackBerrys and none of them will show me an app listing.

I have now deleted this POS from my phones.
    04-10-10 03:30 AM
    Couldnt of said it better myself
    04-10-10 03:31 AM
    I've only used BB app store once to try out free weatherbug, but that's prior to getting to know crackberry app store. Now I only use crackberry app store to get apps.
    04-10-10 03:38 AM
    BB App World has lost 2 of my purchases. Luckily for me I had a backup of one of them. The other one was BerryWeather, so I had to pay $20 for that App in total, not even mentioning updates...

Yeah, i use CB store as much as possible.
    04-10-10 03:41 AM
    Exactly! CB is so much better in every way I can think of.

04-10-10 08:20 AM
    Yeah CB is so much better. Every time an app that I download from the BB App World has an update it freezes my phone to where I have to go to the apps website to update it. CB ALL THE WAY!!!!
    04-10-10 09:56 AM
    Agree agree. Shame on you RIM.
    B B

04-11-10 05:37 AM
    I have to throw this out. I used to buy off CB, but now I buy from mobihand. Mobihand sends you the download almost instantly, whereas I have had to wait up to hour to get the app when I buy at CB. If CB was faster I would buy from them.

04-11-10 06:18 AM
    What is the difference between CB and Mobihand?? Are you referring to CB as the webstore and Mobihand as the Application?

04-11-10 11:58 AM
    What is the difference between CB and Mobihand?? Are you referring to CB as the webstore and Mobihand as the Application?

Mobihand is the store behind the store, so to speak. Mobi powers the stores for all the BB websites (ie CrackBerry, BerryReview, BlackBerrySync etc). You can buy directly from Mobi, or through the channel sites, and it's all really the same. The only difference is, the app developer gets less money if you buy through the channel site. However, if you want to support CrackBerry (or any of the other sites) and the dev at the same time, buy through the channel site, as they both get a percentage. I hope that makes sense. lol
    04-11-10 12:17 PM
    I've noticed that BB App World loses track of downloads, and I only download the free apps from there. The only reason I do is that I think they do a better job of alerting you about updates.
    04-11-10 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD