Hello,

I am looking for a program that will let me download files (Maybe 40-50MB) to my blackberry memory card.

If I use either Opera Mini or the blackberry browser they will either time out or say that the file is too big.

I have the audiobay podcast player that I use to download 50+MB files all of the time, so I know the blackberry can handle it, and my connection can handle it. The only thing is, this program can only pull from RSS feeds!

Is there some sort of download manager out there that will allow me to enter a URL to a file and download it?

Thanks
    09-05-08 12:35 PM
    I think you might be out off luck here.
    I haven't heard for a program that would handle such thing.
    Although there are site offering BlackBerry storage space so maybe running through them would allow something similar.

Maybe one of program developers might find this interesting and come up with a beta program.
    09-05-08 12:42 PM
    I haven't come across any apps for the BB to download large files.
    Maximum file size I downloaded was 30MB using Opera Mini

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 12:43 PM
    If you have that large of a file to download, you should use a PC. BBs aren't designed to facilitate large file downloads. Also, most carriers have a file size limit. Hence the file to large message you get...
    09-05-08 12:44 PM
    If you have that large of a file to download, you should use a PC. BBs aren't designed to facilitate large file downloads. Also, most carriers have a file size limit. Hence the file to large message you get...
    Hmmm, I suppose this is possible if it were using the carrier's BIS server, I know the Podcast downloader uses direct TCP/IP and it doesn't have any issues with files. It can easily download a 50MB file in 5-10 Minutes.

I suppose if something doesn't exist I can always publish an RSS feed with pointers to the files myself, thanks!
    Last edited by Eric123; 09-05-08 at 12:53 PM.
    09-05-08 12:47 PM
    Using Opera Mini, I've been able to download files as large as 39.5 MB. Not to say it isn't possible to download larger--I simply haven't attempted. The ability to download those larger files is the only reason I keep Opera Mini.
    09-05-08 03:43 PM
    Hello,

I am looking for a program that will let me download files (Maybe 40-50MB) to my blackberry memory card.

If I use either Opera Mini or the blackberry browser they will either time out or say that the file is too big.

I have the audiobay podcast player that I use to download 50+MB files all of the time, so I know the blackberry can handle it, and my connection can handle it. The only thing is, this program can only pull from RSS feeds!

Is there some sort of download manager out there that will allow me to enter a URL to a file and download it?

Thanks

So, you want to download directly from the website instead of downloading the enclosure. Operamini will work for this.
    12-24-08 11:50 AM
    On opera mini you have to change the Network Protocol from socket to HTTP. I've downloaded 100+ MB files with this setting.
    12-24-08 11:36 PM
    I've used opera mini and downloaded files over 100+ megs before (1 hour song mix) and had no problems. Only took about 7 mins too!
    12-25-08 02:11 AM
    I've used opera mini to download 200+ megs before. Takes a couple tries to get it started, but it downloaded.

07-04-09 03:35 AM
    I just downloaded the latest beta os for my Bold via Opera Mini the great! Almost 100 mb! No problem!

07-04-09 03:58 AM
    Does this work for the users that manage to download with no errors? When ever I try,using carrier/network, it comes up with the original error about file being too big! tried both with Opera and BB browser.
    04-19-10 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD