I downloaded and installed the Profiler trial last night.

When it was time for Profiler to switch profiles this morning, it opened the Profiles app but didn't change the profile--I had to select it manually. All permissions are set to "Allow". But I don't see "Key Injection" as a permission to even set.

Other than that, I'm very pleased with Profiler and if I can get it working, I plan to purchase.

I do however have a few observations/feature suggestions:

1. Calendar Support:
      1. When I click on "New Profile" in an appointment, it adds codes in brackets to the SUBJECT of the appointment. This clutters up my calendar. Can this be moved to the apointment's NOTE field?
      2. When I click on "New Profile" in an appointment, it adds codes in brackets to the SUBJECT of the appointment--EVEN IF there is already a profile there. It should be editing the profile that's already been assigned to the appointment. If I decide that the assigned profiles are incorrect, I'd like to be able to change them without having to delete the codes manually.
    2. When in the list of profiles, if I click on a profile, the menu opens up and the default selection is "New Profile". Why not have the default be "Edit Profile" if I had a profile selected prior to pressing menu?
    3. The "Active Days" feature needs some work (IMHO). The following is the schedule I need to setup:
      • Su-Th 11pm - Phone Only
      • F-Sa 11:45 pm - Phone Only
      • M-F 7am - Loud
      • Sa-Su 9am - Loud

But that involves quite a combination of profiles. I was able to get around it by creating two profiles for "night" and two for "day":
      • Su-Th 11pm - Phone Only (End is also "Phone Only" at 11:59pm)
      • F-Sa 11:45pm - Phone Only (End is also "Phone Only" at 11:59pm)
      • M-F 12:00am - Phone Only (Goes to Loud at 7am)
      • Sa-Su 12:00am - Phone Only (Goes to Loud at 9am)
    4. It would also be nice if Profiler would change a contact' ringtone tone at the same time. I have a few key contacts that if they call while I'm in bed, I DO want it to wake me up because it's most likely an emergency.
    5. It would be nice if Profiler would also handle immediate profile switches to--especially if the contacts item above is implemented. Before going in to a impromptu meeting (not scheduled) , I'd like to press a convenience key and toggle to the Vibrate only profile (and any contacts who have ringtone assigned to them would be switched to vibe too). Then after the mtg, press the conv key again and toggle back to normal (including putting contact ringtones back to previous setting).
    6. It would also be nice to temporarily "Disable" a profiler Profile--for example when I go away on vacation, my sleeping habits change drastically. Maybe the calendar support features to could be used for this--instead of a calendar keyword turning a profile on, it could DISABLE one or more Profiler profiles.

TIA!
    Last edited by doni49; 09-23-09 at 12:10 PM.
    09-23-09 10:26 AM
    The problem noted above has been fixed. There was an issue with the version of Profiler I had installed. But I still think the observations are valid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD