Hey, here is my app I developed.

It normally sells for $0.99 but I have decided to give it out free for a while.

Please leave a review in app world if you download, thanks.

It allows you to create events based on location, time, battery, and wifi connection, to automatically switch your ringer and other common settings.

Please leave a review in app world.

appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/54773/?lang=en

Couldn't post the actual link due to a post restriction, so just paste that in your browser.
    Last edited by mapleleafs89; 03-07-12 at 11:46 PM.
    BigBadWulf and tarmpung like this.
    03-07-12 07:13 PM
    I just downloaded it and I'm trying it out. My main interest would be to have it set the phone profile to vibrate from, say, 9pm to 6am, and then have it revert to the "normal" profile from 6am onward for the daylight hours.

Is the best way to do this to set a "daytime" event from 6am-9pm, at the end of which the profile is set to change to vibrate?

Will it reset to normal again automatically at 6am, or do I have to define a "nighttime" event from 9pm-6am as well, at the end of which the profile is set to change to normal?
    03-08-12 02:47 PM
    I'll give it a try. Downloading now.
    03-08-12 03:53 PM
    What does " on event end" mean?

I only have one location set. Should I set it to no change or "work" if I have my wifi set to turn on?

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk

Edit: I set it up to turn wifi on based on location. How do I set it up to make it turn off wifi? Do I have to set up another profile?

Last edited by dustanh; 03-08-12 at 07:17 PM.
    03-08-12 04:24 PM
    I too am not sure how to set it.
    03-08-12 11:20 PM
    Another thing: when my phone is password-locked, it seems that the profile changes do not take place until I unlock the phone (which could be quite some time after the profile change was supposed to take place).
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    03-09-12 09:18 AM
    I'm having GPS connections problems as well. The event I created to activate this morning when I arrived at my location didn't turn on. I waited for the location check and then tried to manually locate. No go.
    03-09-12 10:27 AM
    I just downloaded it and I'm trying it out. My main interest would be to have it set the phone profile to vibrate from, say, 9pm to 6am, and then have it revert to the "normal" profile from 6am onward for the daylight hours.

Is the best way to do this to set a "daytime" event from 6am-9pm, at the end of which the profile is set to change to vibrate?

Will it reset to normal again automatically at 6am, or do I have to define a "nighttime" event from 9pm-6am as well, at the end of which the profile is set to change to normal?
    Have you been able to figure this out, making it work based on time settings? I can't find a way to set a certain profile for a specific time of the day.
    03-09-12 12:09 PM
    I'm having GPS connections problems as well. The event I created to activate this morning when I arrived at my location didn't turn on. I waited for the location check and then tried to manually locate. No go.
    I have mine set up by cell location (turn wifi on when I get home), but it doesn't work. Some guidance on how to use this app sure would be useful...it looks like it has great potential.
    03-09-12 05:10 PM
    Have you been able to figure this out, making it work based on time settings? I can't find a way to set a certain profile for a specific time of the day.
    I have a "daytime" event, set to run from 6am-9pm, and it runs the phone's "normal" profile. For "on event end" I have it run the "nighttime" event.

The "nighttime" event is set to run from 9pm-6am, and it runs the phone's "vibrate" profile. For "on event end" I have it run the "daytime" event.

I don't know if this is the intended way to set up time-based events, but it seems to work. I say "seems" because my phone is password-locked after 10 minutes of inactivity, and it has been locked the last two instances the profile was supposed to change. When I unlock the phone I can see the app simulating the button presses to change the profile from normal to vibrate (or vice versa). That is, I can see the profile menu come up and the highlight move from one profile button to the next until the right one is reached (as if I were moving the highlight myself with the trackpad and then pressing when the right profile was reached).

It would be odd that the profile changing could not take place in the background while the phone is locked, instead having to wait for the phone to be unlocked. Tonight I'm going to verify all this by calling my phone *before* I unlock it.
    03-09-12 05:25 PM
    I have mine set up by cell location (turn wifi on when I get home), but it doesn't work. Some guidance on how to use this app sure would be useful...it looks like it has great potential.
    I have wifi set to turn on when I get to work... I tried both GPS and cell location. Neither worked.
    03-09-12 06:07 PM
    *UPDATE* So I called my phone while it was locked, and after the profile was supposed to change to vibrate. The profile hadn't changed, it was still on normal. So with the profile change not working and the wifi toggle-by-location not working (GPS or cell), we're batting 0.000.

Has anybody got this working?
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    03-09-12 10:45 PM
    Another thing: when my phone is password-locked, it seems that the profile changes do not take place until I unlock the phone (which could be quite some time after the profile change was supposed to take place).
    It would be odd that the profile changing could not take place in the background while the phone is locked, instead having to wait for the phone to be unlocked.
    *UPDATE* So I called my phone while it was locked, and after the profile was supposed to change to vibrate. The profile hadn't changed, it was still on normal.
    I have been following this thread as I also would like to learn how to set up the time events.

I could be wrong with about what you are saying, but I believe the profiles can only be changed while locked/holstered in the back round if you are running OS 7.1 or greater. OS 7.0 or prior will only get a vibration and blinking prompt. The device needs to be unlocked to become active for it to change profiles.

From the description...
    Profile Assist supports the changing of Ringer Profiles automatically when locked or holstered on all devices running OS 7.1 or greater. On devices running OS 7.0 and before, the phone will vibrate and blink to alert you a profile is requesting change, when the phone becomes active Profile Assist can then automatically change to the designated Ringer Profile.
    Free Profile Assist - Download Profile Assist - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Please forgive me if I am wrong.

Hope this helps.
    jbeek and mapleleafs89 like this.
    03-09-12 11:19 PM
    I fear the app needs more work and am not sure any such app can function while locked. I have uninstalled.
    03-09-12 11:22 PM
    I have been following this thread as I also would like to learn how to set up the time events.

I could be wrong with about what you are saying, but I believe the profiles can only be changed while locked/holstered in the back round if you are running OS 7.1 or greater. OS 7.0 or prior will only get a vibration and blinking prompt. The device needs to be unlocked to become active for it to change profiles.

From the description...

Free Profile Assist - Download Profile Assist - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Please forgive me if I am wrong.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the slap upside the head ...I completely missed that in the description. I'm running OS6 on my 9700, so that explains the behaviour with the profile changes.

Now to get toggling wifi on and off by location working...
    03-10-12 08:31 AM
    Where is the developer???

YooHoo... Marco---Polo... Mr. OP...

The application seems promising; however, there are those who need a bit of assistance.
    I do not want to do a disservice by leaving a review at this time.
    It wouldn't be fair without seeking some assistance first.
    I am also not the type who posts "Doesn't Work", without an explanation.

Although the application is relatively small, I would rather not have yet another app to be indexed that is not fully functional. Whether user error or not, it may have to be deleted without any developer response.

Any thoughts/input on the time scheduler???

TIA
    03-10-12 05:00 PM
    My thoughts as well.
    03-10-12 07:41 PM
    One more observation ...you have to remember to restart the app when you reboot your phone. Seems like restarting automatically would be a plus for something like this.
    raino likes this.
    03-12-12 09:48 AM
    I know free is free, but if you want an app that does this with no hassle at all, check out this or $2.99:

Buy Profile Changer - Automatically change sound profile using Daily Timer ★ Calendar Keywords ★Location base - Download Profile Changer - Automatically change sound profile using Daily Timer ★ Calendar Keywords ★Location base

I'm not involved with this software... just a satisfied customer!
    03-12-12 11:25 AM
    One more observation ...you have to remember to restart the app when you reboot your phone. Seems like restarting automatically would be a plus for something like this.
    Thanks. I have an auto-start up app, I'll add it to that list.

I'm also inputting an exhaustive list of time based events into my phone, and in about a week (when all settings should have been triggered), I'll report on performance.
    03-12-12 11:32 AM
    First off, sorry for my absence. Typically I respond to emails quickly sent to the customer service email found on the application page in app world.

Also to anyone, in the menu - there is an EXIT button and a CLOSE button. Exit will shutdown the app completely and won't run in the background at all, so the app will not function or change profiles, etc. If you hit CLOSE it will run in the background and function properly. Also hitting the back button works fine as well sending the app to the background. I am intending to get a website up and running to explain all the different features, options, app settings for those who are a bit unsure of what they might all do.

Yes, personally I would create a daytime and night time. Have the night time start just after the day time profile and it will prompt you at that time. If you have OS 7.1 and above the App is able to switch automatically without the phone needing to be unlocked and active. Setting an event to end on another event will change to those settings when the current event becomes inactive. If you do not have the settings set to "Remember last Profile" then it might vibrate and request another Ringer change when the night time event actually is triggered and becomes active. It use to always remember the last profile, however some customers complained that they would change it manually to something different after the app had changed it for an event they set, and when the next event came around to activate the same ringer again it was ignored and it left their previous manually set profile, because the app thinks it is still set to what it set it to earlier. The remember profile simply records the ringer profile last set by the app, if the next event which becomes active after it uses the same Ringer profile setting, it is ignored and you are not bugged by having it vibrate again only to change the ringer to one that is already active.

What does " on event end" mean?

I only have one location set. Should I set it to no change or "work" if I have my wifi set to turn on?

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk

Edit: I set it up to turn wifi on based on location. How do I set it up to make it turn off wifi? Do I have to set up another profile?
    On Event End, switches to the settings of a designated Profile when the current event is being turned off. For example, when you have an event for your Home location, then say you go out to work or drive somewhere, when the GPS is queried next and it recognizes you are no longer at home, the event will deactivate and if an Event is designated in the On Event End it will trigger the options tied to that Event (Ringer, Wifi, and all others).

If you have a location based event to turn on wifi, to turn it off (I am just assuming you want to turn it off when you leave that location) you can create a NULL event - just create a battery event and double click and disable it, it will never be used but can still be used for Event ending options. So in that NULL battery event, set it to turn wifi OFF. Then go to your event that turns it on, go to the options for it and set On Event End to that specific NULL battery event. I hope this makes sense, if not you can reply or email me.

Correct, as it says on the App page, only on OS 7.1 and up can the app change it without needing control of the trackpage and buttons. RIM has updated the API to allow developers to change the profiles, on OS 5 and 6 there is so option. It will however VIBRATE to alert you and the LED will flash red, if you happen to miss this one by mistake you can set a repeat reminder in case you miss it, choose an interval in the settings and it will remind you up to 3 times by Vibrating and blinking. Ideally all phones would be able to change without being unlocked but it is beyond my control so this is the next best thing.

If you are inside a building you may have trouble acquiring GPS signal which is why it does not recognize the new location. You can see in the details page where the last known location is, if GPS has failed it will tell you, and you can see when the last check was and when the next check will occur (as per your interval set in the Settings page). If you are unable to get a fix inside the building, you can try using Cell Site in the Settings. This will use the coordinates tied to the current Cell Tower you are connected to (less accurate but requires less battery as well). If you have multiple location events close to one another that might be using the same cell tower then this would not be a good options, but otherwise it is a great solution and works while indoors as well. Personally, I prefer leaving my WiFi on and creating events based on the WiFi connection to change my ringer.

When you are setting up your location (You said you are using Cell Site option in the settings page), just click Get Location and it should retrieve the coordinates of the tower you are currently connected to (Do this while you are at your home). Click on View on Map to confirm this is in your general area (remember it will show the location of the cell tower, not your home). Now, click save. Choose the event you just created and hit options, change the options as you would like them.

To test, go to the details page and click check now, it should retrieve the coordinates (of that same cell site). Shortly (less than a minute) it should Vibrate when your phone locks, unlock it and it hit Ok on the confirm and it will change. If an event has a green bubble beside it, this means it has already been triggered and the settings for it have been changed. If in the details page there is a black bubble instead of green beside the Location header, this means you have disabled the use of Location checks in the settings and should be re-enabled if you want to use Location Events. Let me know what happens when you try this.

I initially thought customers may not like it from booting automatically when the phone is restarted, however I can change this in the next release.

Where is the developer???

YooHoo... Marco---Polo... Mr. OP...

The application seems promising; however, there are those who need a bit of assistance.
    I do not want to do a disservice by leaving a review at this time.
    It wouldn't be fair without seeking some assistance first.
    I am also not the type who posts "Doesn't Work", without an explanation.

Although the application is relatively small, I would rather not have yet another app to be indexed that is not fully functional. Whether user error or not, it may have to be deleted without any developer response.

Any thoughts/input on the time scheduler???

TIA
    Again, very sorry for my absence, I simply forget to check these threads but check my email very regularly. I appreciate your patience in reviewing it.

The time events you set the start time (this is when the event will be triggered and all settings attacted to the event will be changed), set the end time - this is when the event will be deactivated and any settings tied to the "On Event End" will be triggered. Then you need to set the days which the event is active M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday T - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday S - Sunday. If no days are set for it to work on, then the event will obviously never be triggered,

You can double click ANY EVENT to permanently DISABLE it, it will not be checked or used and can be enabled again using the same method to re-enable it whenever you want. (For example if you go on vacation and dont want the time based events to be used for work, etc). Also an event can be overridden temporarily also by double clicking, choose to either Suspend or Activate, suspend acts like disabling event but only for the time period specified, activating temporarily will act as if the event is actually on and triggered (like you are at home when you are not, or any other event that you may wish to active even when it does not meet the criteria for it to become active).

Also please remember that you should set the priority level of each event, if you have events that overlap such as location (e.g. home location) and a timed profile for sleep (e.g. 11 pm - 7 am) then you should probably put the timed profile above the home event. (Can be done by editing any event and then choosing the priority, 1 is highest and will appear first in the list of events, 2 next, etc...).

If an event that has priority level 1 is active, and say a timed event with a lower priority that starts at 6 pm and ends at 7 pm, the clock strikes 6 but this event has a lower priority than the current level 1 profile so it will be ignored. If at 6:15 pm the first level priority event is now deactivated for whatever reason, the timed event with a lower priority will now be enabled.

I hope I have answered all of your questions, please do not hesitate to email me and I will help clear anything up.
    Last edited by mapleleafs89; 03-12-12 at 06:08 PM.
    raino, jbeek, gtamhankar and 1 others like this.
    03-12-12 04:38 PM
    Thanks for the detailed reply ... I'm going to digest all that and play around with the app some more.

Pity about about the constraints on OS 6 and below when changing profiles when locked. With some coding changes, could the app momentarily unlock the phone, change the profile, and relock it? (This would be an option, of course, since some people might be concerned about sharing passwords with a 3rd party app...)
    03-12-12 10:42 PM
    Tomorrow will be the last day it will be available for free.
    03-15-12 04:14 PM
    I'm having some issues with re-activating temporarily suspended events. Suppose I have a working hours event which I suspend for an hour of lunch, I can't seem to go back to the same work event (within the hours I've set the event for.) I've tried double tapping the trackpad, is there another way to go about it?
    03-15-12 05:21 PM
    I'm having some issues with re-activating temporarily suspended events. Suppose I have a working hours event which I suspend for an hour of lunch, I can't seem to go back to the same work event (within the hours I've set the event for.) I've tried double tapping the trackpad, is there another way to go about it?
    I am not too sure what you mean, is the event not reactivating after the amount of time you specified to deactivate it or are you having problems bringing up the extended options menu for the event entirely?

Open the menu and hit exit, start the app and double tap the event again.
    03-15-12 05:25 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD