So I got the OTA download of YouTube to my phone. I go in to the app and none of the videos will play. I can run the app, search for videos, etc. When it starts downloading the video, it stops where the video would play and states the following error message:

PlayerException: Error initializing media. Cause: javax.microedition.media.MediaException: Error initializing media.

Any ideas????

I've tried different videos, so I know it's not just a single one.
    12-16-08 04:56 PM
    You have to edit permissions in security options menu. just allow everything. It worked for me
    12-16-08 05:19 PM
    oddly enough, i downloaded and installed the APP, but theres no APP in my menus. weird :-X
    12-16-08 05:22 PM
    I think its under Applications or Downloads. Thats where it sent my weatherbug.
    12-16-08 05:25 PM
    I would try going to security and permissions like cberryuser says. I've had apps that needed that to be done and they work just fine.
    12-16-08 05:55 PM
    That did it. Wow, I can't believe that worked. How dumb is that?
    12-16-08 07:05 PM
    That did it. Wow, I can't believe that worked. How dumb is that?
    Ok. Sooooo, how is the app when it comes to viewing YouTube videos??
    I can go to m.youtube.com and view vids, but the resolution is pretty bad.

Rich
    12-16-08 07:37 PM

Rich
    It's not really that great if you ask me. It stretches the low-quality video across the screen and makes it look even worse.
    12-16-08 07:40 PM
    How/Where do you get the OTA App for to play youtube videos?
    12-16-08 07:42 PM
    How/Where do you get the OTA App for to play youtube videos?
    Go to the Blackberry Storm OTA Apps Sticky thread in this forum for links to download all the OTA apps.
    12-16-08 07:44 PM
    Some of the apps take a couple trys to get them to install. Sometimes it also takes a reboot. Most all of them require permission settings changes that it will prompt for. This youtube app works for me.
    12-16-08 08:14 PM

Rich

people are getting confused..

All the app does is simply create a UI interface for searching the SAME videos in the SAME way that you do for the browser..

It just makes it easier then opening up the browser and going to that funky mobile youtube site..

the videos come down to the storm an play in the media player JUST like they do on the mobile site..

The reason the quality is low is that youtube is converting it to 3gp..

I assume the video quality on the iPhone is converted to something else.. it may still be 3gp but optimized for the application on the iPhone..

and thats why the quality is so much better.

basically youtube and apple slept together and created a nice thing for that phone..

and the rest of the world of phones is trying to deal with what they got.

The answer you ask?

True flash support in the browser or media player
    12-16-08 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD