Have any of you been having problems with the program? A couple of times now it has frozen up on me to the point where I have had to do a battery pull or last night I had to delete it and re-download it. Those are the only 2 ways I can get it back to "normal". I just did a battery pull again and now it's stuck on Retrieving You and Your Friends. Anyone else having these problems?
    04-19-09 08:49 PM
    Yup, same here. I just deleted it. Sad cause I really love Ubertwitter, but I get way too impatient with it freezing all the time.
    04-19-09 09:30 PM
    I had the same experience. After two or three lock-ups I deleted it too.
    04-19-09 10:06 PM
    I had the problem when I would completely exit out every time since I don't like leaving things running in the background but after I set my updates to the max (30 min.) and leave it running in the background, I haven't had any problems. And no real effect to battery life either (probably because of the 30 min refresh).
    04-20-09 02:01 AM
    NVM...I just noticed that it happened again...had to do a battery pull and then load it back up...all is fine now...a little annoying but ok for now...
    04-20-09 04:07 AM
    yea i had it and i didnt like that i could not log out.
    04-20-09 09:39 AM
    I have been using UT since the open beta announcement. Up until yesterday, I was not having any problems with it. I left it open without significant battery drain, also.

However, last night all of a sudden, it would give me "unknown error" when retrieving the timeline. After letting it sit for the night, I tried again and just decided to redownload. It is working fine again

This app is by far the best twitter app I have seen. Even in beta stage.
    04-20-09 10:17 AM
    I've been running this for a while as well with no problems at all, that is up until this morning. Now after a battery pull, all is fine for about 15 min. Then the next time I bring UT up, I don't have any profile pics, it loads much slower and the arrows at the top (houglass) spins. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same problems. I'll give the uninstall and install one more shot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 10:47 AM
    I've only had one problem of it freezing. I did an @ with no message behind it, I did a battery pull and haven't had problems since.

04-20-09 11:21 AM
    i have no issues with uber twitter at all on my 8310 running 4.5 os.

it runs perfect with no crashes or hang ups. much faster than twitter berry.
    04-20-09 12:12 PM
    still no1 can tell me how to log out of it... maybe if i figured that out i would use it...
    04-20-09 04:09 PM
    no issues for me either... been really smooth. it's a beta but it is running very well for me.
    04-20-09 11:37 PM
    I have an issue.....i just downloaded the app...and i entered my login details and it says validating twitter credentials and then i get an error message "network exception trying to communicate with twitter service".....I've tried over and over...changed the network options from auto to direct tcp and then mds.....and nothing has worked....can someone help me??? I'm on a bb curve 8320 (t-mobile)...
    04-21-09 01:02 AM
    still no1 can tell me how to log out of it... maybe if i figured that out i would use it...
    Please note that this is neither an elegant solution, nor have I tested it. That said, have you tried going under options and deleting your password?

04-21-09 09:01 AM
    i downloaded 'uber' today and got the 'unknown error' message straight off the bat. did a couple of battery pulls, no change. re-downloaded, no change. i gave it one last try and it came up with 'retrieving....' then just hung.
    got fed up and deleted it. now my bold is acting all strange- extra hourglass appearing and sluggish (more than usual).
    anyone else?

waiting for social scope.......
    04-23-09 01:34 PM
    I have an issue.....i just downloaded the app...and i entered my login details and it says validating twitter credentials and then i get an error message "network exception trying to communicate with twitter service".....I've tried over and over...changed the network options from auto to direct tcp and then mds.....and nothing has worked....can someone help me??? I'm on a bb curve 8320 (t-mobile)...
    I'm having the same problems. I have t-mobile and an 8320 as well.

any help on this yet?
    04-24-09 01:41 PM
    You need to set your APN..see other UT posts and threads

Robin

04-24-09 02:14 PM
    Anyone know ubbertwitter's link lz,,,
    06-19-09 10:08 AM
    Have you all tried the new version?

06-19-09 10:20 AM
    I downloaded it several days ago and have had TERRIBLE battery life ever since.
    06-21-09 11:38 PM
    .78 works great for me! I'm on an 8900. Make sure you have the latest version.

06-22-09 12:33 AM
    For those having issues and getting the message "network exception..." when trying to validate credentials...I was having the same issue. I finally tried using my email address instead of username (even though it says USERNAME) and voila!!! SUCCESS!!
    07-31-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD