Hey everyone. Can anyone shed some light on this predicament? OK, so I downloaded Slacker radio from my phone, and it said download complete after finishing downloading, but when I try to search for Slacker on my phone, it's no where to be found! I deleted it and downloaded it several times already, with the same results. I would so very much appreciate anyone's help. Thank you!
    08-25-09 03:20 AM
    Did you look in the download folder? You should do a battery pull after the install.
    08-25-09 07:58 AM
    zwood...thanks for your response. I did check in the download folder, and no Slacker icon could be found. I did NOT however do the battery pull. I'll download Slacker again, and try that. Thank you again for the help!
    08-25-09 01:58 PM
    The battery pull is a must do. I should have specified which download folder, its not the one you find by media > explore. Its the one where from the home screen you click the BB menu button and the applications screen opens, and the download folder icon will be there. If its not showing up try scrolling down as you may have many icons there. If you still don't see it while in the download folder click the BB menu button and select show hidden.
    08-25-09 02:25 PM
    The last time I downloaded and installed slacker it showed up in my apps folder. It had been in the downloads folder before. Now with that said I had always moved it to my apps folder anyway but I was surprised to see it in the apps folder. Might be worth looking there to see.
    08-25-09 03:57 PM
    Thank u BuddhaBelly n zwood, I tried what the both of u said, and and still no luck. Any other suggestions? I also tried to delete the application from my computer, then reload it, but still no luck on retrieving it after the download.
    08-25-09 11:17 PM
    Why don't you try looking in every folder on your bb that exists in the homescreen. I'm sure it must be there somewhere. Have you tried using the media manager from dm to try to locate in which folder it might be in. Might be quicker than using your bb to look for it.
    08-26-09 03:43 AM
    Thank-you for the help Insane Jester... I did look in every folder on my home screen. I haven't tried using the desk manager though. I'll try that.
    If anyone has any other suggestions, by all means, please send them. Thanks again for everyone's help!
    08-26-09 04:35 PM
    Have you tried the battery pull yet? If your installing it with DM and having problems try installing OTA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 04:42 PM
    Have you tried the battery pull yet? If your installing it with DM and having problems try installing OTA.

zwood...Yes, i tried the battery pull, but no luck. Sorry, I don't know what "OTA" is. My bad. If it means downloading it straight from my BB, that I did.
    Last edited by AsianBerry; 08-26-09 at 04:47 PM. Reason: typo
    08-26-09 04:46 PM
    OTA = over the air. If you did the OTA install and did not get an error, it may be a conflict with you theme. Try using one of the stock themes that came on the phone and see if that makes a difference.

08-26-09 05:15 PM
    OTA = over the air. If you did the OTA install and did not get an error, it may be a conflict with you theme. Try using one of the stock themes that came on the phone and see if that makes a difference.

zwood...thanks again for all the help. I did download Slacker OTA. I also currently have a stock theme on my BB. Any other suggestions?
    08-27-09 01:39 PM
    Look in options > advanced options > applications > now see if slacker is listed there and post back.

08-27-09 02:04 PM
    Look in options > advanced options > applications > now see if slacker is listed there and post back.

zwood... I found Slacker under Application, but I don't know how to "post back?" I tried the BB button but there's no "post back" function. Could u please instruct? Thank you!
    08-27-09 02:50 PM
    Post back as in post a reply to the forum so I would know what's happening, and you did.
    So slacker is installed to the phone and no icon to be found. When you did the battery pull did you have the phone turned on and then remove the battery for 20 seconds? This should work. If you did the battery pull as described then you may need to delete slacker again.
    Do another Battery pull and install it once more.

08-27-09 05:52 PM
    Post back as in post a reply to the forum so I would know what's happening, and you did.
    So slacker is installed to the phone and no icon to be found. When you did the battery pull did you have the phone turned on and then remove the battery for 20 seconds? This should work. If you did the battery pull as described then you may need to delete slacker again.
    Do another Battery pull and install it once more.

ZWood...I tried the battery pull, while my BB was on... No luck. I deleted the application, then reinstalled it, no icon, so I did the battery pull like u said... Still no luck. I think I'm gonna visit an AT&T store, with hope one of the SA's there can figure out what's going on. If u have anymore suggestions, I'm game to try them. Again, thank u for all your help.
    08-29-09 03:54 AM
    Just for grins, try the show all option in each folder, maybe you hid it and forgot, lol.
    08-29-09 04:04 AM
    Just for grins, try the show all option in each folder, maybe you hid it and forgot, lol.
    Webcrawlur... I'd like to shake your hand. Many thanks for the suggestion...it worked!!! I see the Slacker icon! Now trying to set up an account. Do u know how to resolve a message,"
    The app is trying to open a connection inside and outside your firewall, which is not permitted by you IT."
    I got to the end of "creating an account," but now I can't move on b/c of this error message. Thank u again! Slowly but surely, haha
    08-29-09 04:23 AM
    I did a search on that message and came up with many threads, here is one of them. Post #11 is the same, hope it helps...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/pr...-radio-155276/
    08-29-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD