Well I have been an avid user of slackers free version for a while, so naturally I was excited to receive an email saying that they had updated their blackberry application with various performance upgrades. I downloaded the update immediately to my phone OTA, and ever since then I've been having a problem with the app.

What happens is that slacker will stop the current song, or skip to the next one without pattern or warning. These instances will require long periods of time to complete, sometimes 10-60 seconds! This will occur during every single song over Wi-Fi and EDGE. I've tried numerous battery pulls and re-installations of the app.

I don't want to downgrade the slacker version (I don't think that the app world has updated to 2.0 yet), because i like all of the new performance updates. But slacker is currently unusable to me.

I've been running the beta OS .239 for a while with no other major problems. Is anyone else having these issues!??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 05:57 PM
    Try PANDORA. It is much quicker than slacker.

06-04-09 06:02 PM
    Try PANDORA. It is much quicker than slacker.

Its also a third of slacker radios size. Save some memory and get pandora

06-04-09 06:04 PM
    I use both, slacker has more songs, and ever since the update, I find slacker to be just as fast, and sound just as good. It will just randomly stop...

06-04-09 06:04 PM
    And if memory is so much of an issue that you can't even use the apps that improve your user experience...then what's the point?

06-04-09 06:06 PM
    I'm assuming you deleted the previous version of Slacker?

I have .239 and havent experienced any problems. I would recommend deleting Slacker and reinstall from Slacker.com. It shouldn't be a difference, but you never know. Hopefully that works.
    06-04-09 08:50 PM
    Yeah, make sure you deleted the previous version, do a battery pull and then install the new version. That's what I did and didn't have any problems.
    06-04-09 09:08 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I've done that twice already. The uninstall, then battery pull, then reinstall from slacker.com. Is slacker 2.0 working good for you guys?

06-04-09 09:56 PM
    Works for my gf on .114. Doesn't work on my 5.0. (Which I figured was a long shot)

06-04-09 11:17 PM
    I dont have any probs w/ Slacker 2.0 on .239

I'm actually upgrading to .250, so maybe you should try that out too...
    06-05-09 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD