So I've had a Google Voice account for a while and when I saw an app for it was available for BB, I jumped at it. It installed with no problems; however, when I try to sign in, the following happens:

1st attempt: Unable to connect to server. Please try again later
    2nd attempt: Sits at connecting. Never does anything.

I am able to log into the account on my PC. Any ideas what's going on?
    08-22-09 11:29 PM
    Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller? Beuller?
    08-23-09 05:29 AM
    I had similar results. My problem was that I wasn't putting "@gmail.com" at the end of my username. It's asking for the whole e-mail address, not the username.
    09-01-09 07:26 PM
    I had similar results. My problem was that I wasn't putting "@gmail.com" at the end of my username. It's asking for the whole e-mail address, not the username.
    I'm using the complete email address as my login ...
    09-01-09 07:35 PM
    I only run into this problem when I am in a poor service area...try to sign in when you have excellent service.
    09-01-09 07:38 PM
    I only run into this problem when I am in a poor service area...try to sign in when you have excellent service.
    Sorry ... sitting on full bars right now when I tried it
    09-01-09 07:49 PM
    I was having the same problem. I changed my application permissions for Google Voice to "Allow" (by default it is "Custom"). Here's how to do it: Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight "Google Voice" and click the Menu button (the button to the left of the pearl with the checkers on it) select "Edit Permissions" or "Edit Default Permissions". On the "Permissions: Google Voice screen change "Connections to [Allow]". I also changed "Interactions to [Allow]" and "User Data to [Allow]" though those might not be necessary. Hope this helps...
    12-05-09 12:31 PM
    I was having the same problem. I changed my application permissions for Google Voice to "Allow" (by default it is "Custom"). Here's how to do it: Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight "Google Voice" and click the Menu button (the button to the left of the pearl with the checkers on it) select "Edit Permissions" or "Edit Default Permissions". On the "Permissions: Google Voice screen change "Connections to [Allow]". I also changed "Interactions to [Allow]" and "User Data to [Allow]" though those might not be necessary. Hope this helps...
    I did all that, thank you... and still get the message 'cannot connect to server' anyone experience this? I can access GV through my browser (opera mini) so why not through the app

Thank you in advance
    01-12-10 10:10 PM
    Thanks! Did the trick, worked like a charm.
    01-27-10 09:32 AM
    I love having this app on my phone. I just wish it worked better. Any news of a better version of this coming out? It would be nice if this app would run smoother.
    01-27-10 01:42 PM
    Ok, my sister has a US Cellular Curve 8330m that we installed this app on for her. When I first set her up with google voice, it worked perfect when she was on a home area connection and now she is "roaming" at school and for the first few weeks, Google Voice app still worked perfectly but suddenly about a week ago, her google voice app on her curve stopped working. She began getting this message. I had her verify the "allow" settings as mentioned above and she is still getting the "unable to connect to server" message. Can anyone provide any help as to how I can get this resolved for her? She is currently running Google Voice for Blackberry v0.1.7.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks fellow CrackBerry Addicts.
    04-16-10 03:40 PM
    Ok, my sister has a US Cellular Curve 8330m that we installed this app on for her. When I first set her up with google voice, it worked perfect when she was on a home area connection and now she is "roaming" at school and for the first few weeks, Google Voice app still worked perfectly but suddenly about a week ago, her google voice app on her curve stopped working. She began getting this message. I had her verify the "allow" settings as mentioned above and she is still getting the "unable to connect to server" message. Can anyone provide any help as to how I can get this resolved for her? She is currently running Google Voice for Blackberry v0.1.7.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks fellow CrackBerry Addicts.
    This is my phone we are talking about, I have tried both the "edit permissions" and "edit default permissions" reset my host routing table, and still nothing happens
    04-16-10 08:04 PM
    I recently had the same issue with not being able to connect to the server on the google voice app. Here's what worked for me:

I followed the above instructions for setting permissions to the app. Then, I signed completely out of the app and signed back in using the full gmail account and that worked.

I hope you all are able to get yours working as well. It was very frustrating for a while not being able to access the app, but as others mentioned, you could access it directly from the web address.
    05-13-10 06:45 PM
    I am also experiencing the same problem. After I sign in I get the message "refresh failed connection to Google Voice failed please try again later." I tried all of the things suggested in the previous posts such as changing eh permission settings to allow, signing out and signing in again with the complete email address. Nothing seems to work. Any other ideas. I desperately need the Google Voice to work on my BB9930.
    05-30-12 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD