Hi guys,

I installed the latest version of Facebook for BlackBerry on my Curve 8900, however since that, I am having frequent problems in accessing Facebook. I am getting different error message, like problems with login, problems in accessing facebook, etc. However time to time, it also connects...this really sucks, as i am quite addicted facebook user!

Also, the previous installed version was working perfectly, without a single problem.

Does anyone else is also experiencing such problems???Help guys!

Belal
    10-18-09 03:15 PM
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications > select Facebook > Menu > Delete.

Battery Pull: leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait for your device to boot up.

Download and install the latest Facebook app again.
    10-18-09 05:41 PM
    I had problems with the new facebook app as well.
    I was getting errors saying 'could not connect to facebook'
    'not enough data services' or something like that.

I just just solved my problem though.
    For some reason I lost the default blackberry browser. (just updated OS)
    When I opened my browser it always opened the Tmobile one.
    You need the default bb browser for fb app to work

I resent service books,
    made sure i had the bb browser again,
    and voila, facebook app works fine now.

If you do have the default browser, then i guess it's a different problem
    10-18-09 06:42 PM
    Aside from deleting the app and a batt pull, as previously suggested, and reinstalling the app, it's always a good idea to resend servicebooks when having any connectivity issues, period. So far, it has restored my BBM contacts when upgrading both OS (5.0.0.230) and to the new BBM, solved my connectivity issues with multiple apps--not just FB--and always corrects CFs associated with email etc. So props to both fatboy and andeh3, maybe just merge both sets of suggestions to make sure you cover all the bases!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 01:22 AM
    Try having logging in to FB with someones else's profile on your BB.

I am guessing that its a FB problem with your profile, and nothing to do with the application.

I had the same problem, until Facebook fixed my profile.
    10-19-09 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD