Anyone else having problems with Google Sync not syncing the content in their 8130 to Google Calendar?

Mark
    10-18-08 01:16 AM
    That part seems to work fine for me at the moment. The problem I have is on sync, it seems to write my Google calendar to all of my Blackberry calendars instead of just one so I get duplicate entries all over the place. Anyone else run into this?
    10-18-08 10:29 AM
    Anyone else having problems with Google Sync not syncing the content in their 8130 to Google Calendar?

Mark
    I'm having this problem with my 8330 Curve. I've used Gsync for a while now, no problems, but just today I've noticed it's not updating my online (computer) calendar. Anyone else? I've done a battery pull already. Up until now I've had no problems with syncing back to the computer and vice versa.

Frustrating. I added a whole bunch of entries on my BB while out today, and when I got home they weren't on my Google Calendar. Did a manual sync, nothing has worked.

Any help?
    10-21-08 05:39 PM
    I just pull my battery and it works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 05:49 PM
    I'm having the same issue. My Calendar on my PC, is NOT updating, despite how many times I sync...

And, I only installed it today, and yes, I did just add items to the calendar...

Nonetheless, I'm now doing a 30 second battery pull...

Hold please...
    10-21-08 08:16 PM
    I've having the same problem with my 8330. I've tried the battery pull, and I've deleted and reinstalled sync. no luck.
    10-27-08 01:01 PM
    yea same issue here nothing is syncing to computer but will sync to phone curve 8330
    11-06-08 09:45 PM
    Ditto. Maybe we should all contact Google.

11-07-08 12:45 AM
    Mine was working fine bb --> google, but its been broken since I installed the newest version 0.4.7. Stuff still syncs from gcal --> bb fine though.

11-07-08 01:36 AM
    I am having the same issue with duplicate entries. I have searched everywhere, but the solutions only have to do with Outlook, Lotus Notes, and GroupWise. I use google calendar, and there's nothing for gsync. Please help - I have 3 entries for everything in my calendar!!

Does ANYONE know of a fix that doesn't involve wiping the device (it's bound to happen again)??
    Last edited by cashewst; 11-07-08 at 12:17 PM.
    11-07-08 10:51 AM
    I just got two-way sync with google calendar working again! Resend your service books (options -> advanced -> HRT -> menu key -> register), and then reset your device. Now my entries are syncing automatically. I'm on a sprint 8330 running google sync 0.4.7. Let me know if this works for anyone else!

11-08-08 02:06 AM
    I'm also getting the same problem...duplicate entries on the BB when I use the Google Sync. I'm a newbie though and hesitate to do any kind of resetting without knowing what's on the other side. Is there a fix for this duplicate problem??
    11-10-08 09:08 PM
    I just got two-way sync with google calendar working again! Resend your service books (options -> advanced -> HRT -> menu key -> register), and then reset your device. Now my entries are syncing automatically. I'm on a sprint 8330 running google sync 0.4.7. Let me know if this works for anyone else!

tried this on a verizon curve to little success. my calendar shows two entries attributed to the same g-mail account. i changed the color of the first, which shows single entries and i'd like to have show in the blackberry calendar all the time. after doing the above method, my second calendar (a duplicate of the first) now has duplicates. i feel like banging my head against the keyboard, if it wasn't too tiny to be satisfying.

i called verizon for assistance with clearing the whole calendar and starting from scratch, but as i am a mac user with pocket mac for blackberry they couldn't help.

anyone else have better luck? i've scoured the internet and found nothing.
    11-11-08 12:09 PM
    I was having a problem with duplicate entries untill I went to goggle gmail and created a filter to send all my email that I sent to the trash. In your case if you are sending email through gmail on you BB and then get a copy of that email sent back to you then I think this might be the solution for you. Again create a filter in Gmail.
    03-06-09 09:12 PM
    I had the same issue. I ended up doing a crackmem wipe then reinstalled the OS. Did a battery pull for 2 minutes. Installed GoogleSync and did another 2 minute battery pull. After all that, it has been working fine. Any shorter time on the pull didn't work as wall as a 2 minute. No idea why. My wife's Pearl, which is the same as mine. Was upgraded at the same time as mine and she has never had a problem with GoogleSync. Weird! YMMV

03-07-09 11:43 AM
    I'm also having a problem with Google Sync, which is essentially that once I do one sync with the Blackberry, the next time I try it it doesnt work, so I have to reinstall Google Sync, and then it will work....once. Any thoughts?
    01-21-10 05:26 PM
    I am having an issue with google sync that not only my calendar had dups but so does my contacts......and then it merged a few of my contacts someone told me to try gsyncit but I am unsure if this will help I just wish google and BB could play nice and get along it would make my head stop hurting
    05-06-10 07:47 PM
    I checked this thread for a solution to the duplicate calender entrees. However, I think that I have stumbled upon a solution for duplicate calender and possibly contacts entrees.
    I only sync calender, and not contacts. Go to calendar; press menu; options; pick calendar; change display reminders; and save.

Best,
    BTB
    05-06-10 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD