I read about the Forward Reply and Edit app in the blogs yesterday and decided it would be a cool thing to pick up, but after trying to download OTA from both the original blog post here on CB and the developer's site, I still can't get it to work. The app installs fine, but then I try to select a contact to recommend it to (required), it doesn't do anything; it doesn't freeze, I just can't figure out how to do anything with it.
    Am I missing something really obvious, or are other people having issues with this software too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 01:07 AM
    I don't understand what you mean. If it doesn't freeze then what does it do?

When you select "select contact" you're sent to your address book. Pick someone and press enter.

Then it's done. There is no options or settings. It's done. Open an email and press menu. Notice the 2 new options on the top of the list.

You're overthinking this.

08-06-09 01:32 AM
    A new version 1.1 is released that resolved the issue of tunnel failed / APN:

1. Uninstall the Forward, Reply and Edit application
    a. Settings - Options - Advanced Options - highlight the “Forward, Reply and Edit” , click on menu and delete the application (it requires you restart the device)

2. Then install the following new version (from your blackberry Browser click on the link below)

bberryapp.com/blackberryapplications/forwardreply/

(it is best to do the registration while connected via WiFi)
    08-06-09 05:26 AM
    I don't understand what you mean. If it doesn't freeze then what does it do?

When you select "select contact" you're sent to your address book. Pick someone and press enter.

Then it's done. There is no options or settings. It's done. Open an email and press menu. Notice the 2 new options on the top of the list.

You're overthinking this.

Yeah I figured that's what was supposed to happen, but when I clicked 'select contact' the app just didn't do anything; didn't forward me to my contact list, but didn't freeze.. kind of weird honestly.
    08-06-09 10:58 AM
    A new version 1.1 is released that resolved the issue of tunnel failed / APN:

1. Uninstall the Forward, Reply and Edit application
    a. Settings - Options - Advanced Options - highlight the Forward, Reply and Edit , click on menu and delete the application (it requires you restart the device)

2. Then install the following new version (from your blackberry Browser click on the link below)

bberryapp.com/blackberryapplications/forwardreply/

(it is best to do the registration while connected via WiFi)
    Thanks for the idea, I'll give it a run-through. Unfortunately I have an 8330, so no WiFi, but I'll cross my fingers it goes smoothly anyway.
    08-06-09 11:00 AM
    Thanks for the help, I downloaded v1.1 and it worked smoothly right off the bat. Thanks again.
    08-06-09 11:28 AM
    Is anybody else having a problem with it "CC" themselves when using the app? I have used it a few times and it always adds my default address in the CC box. Have found no way to turn that off.

08-06-09 11:55 AM
    Haven't actually tried the app yet to be honest. I'll let you know when I try it if I have similar problems.
    08-06-09 01:48 PM
    Is anybody else having a problem with it "CC" themselves when using the app? I have used it a few times and it always adds my default address in the CC box. Have found no way to turn that off.

Yeah, it appears to be a program default, and since I can't seem to find any options to turn it off, it looks like we'll just have to hope that enough other people mention it to the developers so it can be removed in future versions. In the meantime, at least you can remove the CC before sending the message.
    08-06-09 01:52 PM
    OK, wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Love the app, just hope they remove that feature in future versions.

08-06-09 03:24 PM
    OK, wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Love the app, just hope they remove that feature in future versions.

No doubt; annoying little add-on that really doesn't seem to serve any purpose considering it's pointless to spam yourself...
    08-07-09 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD