I was wondering if anyone else was having problems when trying to download using opera mini. Everytime i try it asks where i would like to save the file, i select SD card. After that it brings up the download screen with the bar going across the screen and stays there for a few minutes doing nothing, finally says download failed. My buddy who uses the blackberry browser tries the same download and it works fine.

Do to my company paying 75% of my phone bill i cant not use the blackberry browser because of the barecuda filter.

If anyone can give me suggestions that might help it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Scoobs
    04-17-10 08:48 AM
    If they are ota files they have to be downloaded using the bb browser. Are they ota files?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 09:13 AM
    I was wondering if anyone else was having problems when trying to download using opera mini. Everytime i try it asks where i would like to save the file, i select SD card. After that it brings up the download screen with the bar going across the screen and stays there for a few minutes doing nothing, finally says download failed. My buddy who uses the blackberry browser tries the same download and it works fine. Do to my company paying 75% of my phone bill i cant not use the blackberry browser because of the barecuda filter. If anyone can give me suggestions that might help it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Scoobs
    Hey I've exactly the same problem, any videos I try and download, it gets half way then fails!!

04-18-10 05:32 PM
    I used to have this problem.. Are you still on the beta by any chance? I got the final nd it went away

04-18-10 05:56 PM
    Do i have the beta of what? I beleive the opera version is the final version. Is there any other way to download OTA apps/files? Yes the files i was trying to DL are OTA, sorry took me so long to reply, work has been crazy lately.
    04-20-10 04:38 PM
    Opera Mini will invoke the BB browser for OTA installations. Since you stated you cannot use the BB browser, you probably can't do OTA installations. Not sure if you're BES has anything to do with the other downloads.
    04-20-10 06:55 PM
    With the Opera beta 5 I was able to download 23 mb mp3 and mp4 files no problem. I upgraded to the official release and now I get to about 19 mb before it gives me a download fail error. Any help will be appreciated.
    04-27-10 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD