I downloaded BlackBerry protect. I don't download just any old apps. I like them to have atleast 4stars and a lot of good reviews. BB protect did, plus I thought.."its made by rim" lol, yeah! I know! I thought since rim made it, it should work on my Storm 2 with no problems. After downloading, my alerts don't "alert" me, my phone does random re boot's, when I turn it back on after charging, my cell service is turned off, it takes a few to come back on. When I pull the battery, and it gets to the "security check" sometimes it doesn't put my screen saver back or my pics. I get a message saying "memory card can't be read" pull the battery, all is fine. I turned all my other device back up's off. I was just using Verizons back up, lookout mobile security. Lookout seems to work, I just feel its not working as good as it says it is. When it does scans, it always comes back perfect. With the problem's I'm having with BB protect, it should be picking something up. I'm wanting to know if anyone else is having problems with it also. One other thing. Is there a back up, protect app that you guys recommend? I haven't deleted it yet. I wanna wait tell I find the right app for the job. Thanks!!pss...I'm soon going to be a I-phone 4 user..and thus a lot happier! No more phone stress!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 07:23 PM
    ive used BB protect since it was in beta and have never found an issue like this. then again i dont have a Storm 2, but still....have you tried maybe reloading your OS? it sounds like theres more problems going on here than BB Protect.
    03-24-11 01:43 AM
    I tried to restore some contacts from BBProtect and it didn't work. That's what I got it for mostly. It's gone.

As for contacts, I use GoogleSync and it keeps putting my e-mail addresses as the First Name when I sync them. The only thing that I've found that's halfway decent is Verison's backup Assistant. I had Xobni for awhile but it doesn't actually save. Every time you reload the OS, you have to configure all of your contacts in Xobni again. There's got to be a better way.

And now back to your scheduled broadcast...
    03-24-11 07:58 AM
    hi, i have a storm 2 and i tried unlocking it,used up the ten attempts that i'm allowed and now the phone keeps telling me that the sim is invalid, and when i power it back up it says that my sim needs to be unlock click yes or no, i click yes but it just goes to the standby screen. so i go into options,then advance options, sim, it shows that the sim is disabled,Network blocked,service provider disabled and so on. can anyone help me plz
    03-31-11 09:00 AM
    I downloaded BlackBerry protect. I don't download just any old apps. I like them to have atleast 4stars and a lot of good reviews. BB protect did, plus I thought.."its made by rim" lol, yeah! I know! I thought since rim made it, it should work on my Storm 2 with no problems. After downloading, my alerts don't "alert" me, my phone does random re boot's, when I turn it back on after charging, my cell service is turned off, it takes a few to come back on. When I pull the battery, and it gets to the "security check" sometimes it doesn't put my screen saver back or my pics. I get a message saying "memory card can't be read" pull the battery, all is fine. I turned all my other device back up's off. I was just using Verizons back up, lookout mobile security. Lookout seems to work, I just feel its not working as good as it says it is. When it does scans, it always comes back perfect. With the problem's I'm having with BB protect, it should be picking something up. I'm wanting to know if anyone else is having problems with it also. One other thing. Is there a back up, protect app that you guys recommend? I haven't deleted it yet. I wanna wait tell I find the right app for the job. Thanks!!pss...I'm soon going to be a I-phone 4 user..and thus a lot happier! No more phone stress!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I put that app on two S2's and have none of the problems you describe.

Having said that, I'm still waiting anxiously for the Bionic.
    03-31-11 10:08 AM
    lmao.....yea yea yea.....we know we know
    03-31-11 02:31 PM
    I have had the cell signal off issue but I started before I put protect in.....
    04-01-11 10:11 AM
    I loaded BB Protect last night with no issues.
    Had it locate my phone via the web site.
    Performed a back up.
    So far so good.
    Good Luck
    04-01-11 07:13 PM
    I installed BB Protect and had the following issues about 1 week later: Could no longer edit or delete contacts in address book, could no longer use voice dial, lost my background photo and had my home screen icons moved all over the place. The ONLY thing I know for sure that I did within that week was I sent a vcf via BBM. After uninstalling BB Protect, my Bold rebooted and all above issues had disappeared. Oh yeah, BB Protect also corrupted my address book which I still have to fix. I absolutely would not recommend BB Protect on a Bold 9000 running 5.0.0.1036.
    04-13-11 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD