I tired the trial (imagine that) and everything was good until the last day. It went off in the morning as it was supposed to. I snoozed (set to 10 min) and was ready to enjoy my last 10 min of sleep. IT goes off again and Im thinking That was a fast 10 min!!! Well it wasn't, it was 1 min. Hit snooze again. This time it went about 2 min. Anyways, I sent a query to support and this was their response :

"One other user recently contacted us and mentioned that when he had encountered the same problem, turning off the device, taking the battery out, and then putting it back in seemed to resolve the problem.

This might be worthwhile trying for you as it appears that the core cause of this problem is a problem with the BlackBerry Operating System rather than our application.

Best Regards,
    Support Team
    BBSmart"

Battery pull?? Your kidding right. "a problem with the BlackBerry Operating System...." So now BB needs to design and build their OS's around 3rd party developers?!!!

My first problem is, I depend on the alarm program to wake me. Therefor I need it to be reliable.

Second, has anyone else experienced this with their alrm program?

I do like the program and seems to be reliable 90% of the time. Any thoughts?
    06-27-08 10:50 AM
    Hi leathernuts,

I know advice like that can seem a little trite at times but it's the truth. I remember when another user had that same problem and doing a battery pull fixed the issue. We looked in to it for a long time to try to find out what's going on, and there didn't seem to be anything wrong. Could never reproduce it, and you were the second person to experience it out of, well, many many users.

RIM needs to build their OS to be a reliable platform for third-party developers, and frankly they don't do that. Having developed BlackBerry software for a very long time now, I can confirm without a shadow of doubt that sometimes BB's do freaky things that they are not supposed to. And, somewhat surprisingly, pulling the battery often does the trick.

Search around on the forums for the phrase "battery pull". You'll find it is a piece of advice offered up by BlackBerry veterans all over forums everywhere for a lot of problems, and this has been the case for a very long time.
    06-27-08 10:57 AM
    Now, having said that, just a couple of queries:

1) Did you try the battery pull?
    2) Any luck deleting the offending alrms and re-creating it?
    3) Perhaps try re-installing the application too?

For the record too, so far we haven't had any reports after being out for a couple of months of anybody missing their morning wake up alarm so that should give you some confidence
    06-27-08 11:05 AM
    Yeah, like rebooting the AMAZINGLY stable windows OS, haha...

I have friends that are engineers in one of the leading electronics companies in the world. Seeing the pressure they are under to get products to market, and the unscrupulous actions by their upper management to get products out, I am ipressed that most high end electronics work as well as they do.

Products go out ALL THE TIME that they know is off kilter just to get it out and make management happy. They clean up the mess later.
    06-27-08 11:08 AM
    Thank and yes its fustrating. Im a veteran of 3rd party apps. I came from Palm and I have dealt with way worse in regards to buggy 3rd party apps LOL. I just dont feel its BB responsibility to build an OS for 3rd party app stability, but rather its the responsibility of the developer. However, I do expect BB to build a stable OS in general. And Im not saying the developers area doing anything wrong or are not putting forth the effort. I guess I would rather hear, " Sorry, Yes its a limitation of the BB OS. We are trying to figure if out now. But we may not be able to. If you are not satified, we will refund." Guess what, I would keep the app, and just not hold my breath for a fix. Kind of like the Palm. People would cry and cry. We all know if you were a Palm user, especially of the 700p, it had problems. BUt I just learned them and adapted to them. I learned to work around them and what not to expect from the device. No one held a gun to my head and said I had to use the 700p. LOL

Yes, I have tried all 3 solutions. This morning, I swear the tone only rang once instead of continually repeating, but then again I was half asleep. Thanks for helping out (thums up) didnt see an icon for that one
    06-27-08 11:11 AM
    Now, having said that, just a couple of queries:

1) Did you try the battery pull?
    2) Any luck deleting the offending alrms and re-creating it?
    3) Perhaps try re-installing the application too?

For the record too, so far we haven't had any reports after being out for a couple of months of anybody missing their morning wake up alarm so that should give you some confidence
    I will agree with you there and that is why I bought it- IT DID IN FACT wake me up. Just made me mad when I lost my precious 10 min of SNOOZE ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ LOL
    06-27-08 11:12 AM
    I have this problem also.
    Maybe it's a problem with the 8330 OS?

I've done battery pulls, uninstalled/reinstalled the program and deleted alarm/recreated alarm.
    Nothing has worked…

I never have worried about the alarm not waking me up though…Like I said in the other thread I really like this program, and this is not a huge issue for me…
    I should get my …. out of bed anyway.
    06-27-08 11:22 AM
    How about this one?

Every time I reboot my 8830 (v4.5 OS), Alarms Pro goes crazy. When I open the app, it instantly comes up with "Uncaught exception:java.lang.Null pointerException" and closes.

At first when I entered the registration code, it all went back to normal immediately.

If I hit "option" right away, it doesn't close itself. This last time, the alarm is working fine, but the icon has lost its ability to change to yellow when set.

At first, the alarm went off a few minutes late. Also, the icon did not change color when an alarm was set.

How frustrating! Battery pulls? Yes. Reinstall program? Yes. Set all permissions to "allow?" Yes. I've tried it all. I am reinstalling right now again, just to feel like I'm doing something positive to hopefully make it work correctly again. I love this program, but....
    06-28-08 11:59 AM
    I bought a battery and got the free version of it and I keep getting and Java error of some sort 2 seconds after I start the app, the only way to stop it from that is to select it from the screen and pull up the menu... Annoying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CardiacSmashin; 06-28-08 at 04:02 PM.
    06-28-08 03:53 PM
    I received this program for free when purchasing an accessory the other night on shop.crackberry. Thought I would give it a try since it seemed kind of cool. I love apps.

Tried it the first night when I didn't have work in the morning to see if it would wake me up and all. Had no problems. Second night I tried it, it did not wake me up in the morning as I had scheduled it. Fortunately I always set two alarms.
    06-28-08 05:06 PM
    Just downloaded Alarms Pro for my 8330 yesterday. Same snooze problem. 1 minute, then 2 minutes - despite being set to 10 minutes. Looks like we're all 8330 users....
    07-31-08 10:44 AM
    Nice, two weeks after upgrading my 8830 from 4.2.2.123 to 4.5.0.51, alarm pro is getting weird...

Other day, I changed an alarm to an hour earlier, that night i did battery pull, and the alarm lost the new setting an reverted back to the old setting...

And now, Alarm goes off, I hit dismiss (not snooze), couple minutes later, the alarm goes off again (almost like I hit snooze). Sometimes it only happens one time, sometimes a couple times...

Ugh... Back to using my LG-8600 for it's alarm function... Silly, nice blackberry and the OEM alarms suck, and the aftermarket software gives me anxiety about if it will work properly.

And yes, I do a battery pull almost daily. Seems related to the new OS as it worked ok before. Strange it took a couple weeks to get weird.

Hopefully, the Bold will be a better thing... It better be, haha...
    Last edited by jdwx; 07-31-08 at 10:56 AM.
    07-31-08 10:54 AM
    I love BBSmart and all of their applications, but my favorite app is BBSmart Alarms Pro!!

This app is solid, performs well and never messes up! Not sure why some users are having troubles... maybe it is a certain OS, other third party apps are interfering or whatever...

The best bet is to get a hold of CS for BBSmart, like many users have, and get your issue resolved! The developers of Alarms Pro are great and always glad to hear feeback!

I am sure if you are extremely dissatisfied that they will do something to help you! And, that is why the offer FREE trials before you buy!!

My Alarms Pro works great each morning and wakes me up I use it for multiple alarms that are recurring along with quick alarms!

I can see why the snooze issue is annoying, but at least the alarm woke you up!! It is better that the snooze messed up rather than the whole app!

*EDIT* : And for all users experience problems... why not report them to the BBSmart support??

In your report... include device model, OS being used and other third party apps!! All of those things may play a part in this!
    07-31-08 10:55 AM
    Kinda thought that is what we are doing here, haha

I attribute my issues to the compatibility with the new OS...
    07-31-08 11:38 AM
    Kinda thought that is what we are doing here, haha

I attribute my issues to the compatibility with the new OS...
    Yeah... I guess. But I think there is a way to contac their support directly (via email?)
    07-31-08 11:44 AM
    Well, since it's my OS, I'll figure the response would be obvious. They can't develop much on a BETA and I think they will need to get a solid version to work on before anything gets sorted out.
    07-31-08 11:50 AM
    I love BBSmart and all of their applications, but my favorite app is BBSmart Alarms Pro!!

This app is solid, performs well and never messes up! Not sure why some users are having troubles... maybe it is a certain OS, other third party apps are interfering or whatever...

The best bet is to get a hold of CS for BBSmart, like many users have, and get your issue resolved! The developers of Alarms Pro are great and always glad to hear feeback!

I am sure if you are extremely dissatisfied that they will do something to help you! And, that is why the offer FREE trials before you buy!!

My Alarms Pro works great each morning and wakes me up I use it for multiple alarms that are recurring along with quick alarms!

I can see why the snooze issue is annoying, but at least the alarm woke you up!! It is better that the snooze messed up rather than the whole app!

*EDIT* : And for all users experience problems... why not report them to the BBSmart support??

In your report... include device model, OS being used and other third party apps!! All of those things may play a part in this!
    Read my original post FIRST!! (kinda like the try before you buy theory ) Used the free trial first without flaw before purchasing. I posted exactly what BBSmarts support replied back. So we are reporting it to BBSmart support first. However, Neil reads the post here frequently (i believe he is the one that first responded-Ezainy), so posting problems here as well is not a lost cause.
    07-31-08 11:50 AM
    this app is rock solid for me. been using it every single day for at least 3 months straight. never had the first issue with it....
    07-31-08 11:51 AM
    this app is rock solid for me. been using it every single day for at least 3 months straight. never had the first issue with it....
    Are you an 8330 user?

Murfreesboro- HUH? I dated some girls from out there- Good times!! I use to live in Hermitage. Is Silverados still around?
    Last edited by leathernuts; 07-31-08 at 01:55 PM.
    07-31-08 11:57 AM
    just saw your an 8310 user, so maybe its just the 8330 users having problems.
    07-31-08 11:58 AM
    This seems to only be an issue with the 8330 or more specifically 4.3.0.127

The dismiss issue is not a big deal for me as I just open the program and dismiss from there, which doesn't really bother me.

The snooze is getting old fast...I'm sure BBSmart is aware of it, although they have yet to acknowledge it...
    07-31-08 12:04 PM
    One "feature" I've noticed is that, unlike the standard BB alarm, Alarms Pro will not power on my 8300. If I set the standard alarm and turn the device off, it will power up and set off the alarm. Not so much with Alarms Pro.
    08-15-08 07:51 AM
    One "feature" I've noticed is that, unlike the standard BB alarm, Alarms Pro will not power on my 8300. If I set the standard alarm and turn the device off, it will power up and set off the alarm. Not so much with Alarms Pro.
    They indicated that they would try to address/fix this if possible. I was hoping that they would also fix or, at least, alter the SNOOZE feature. I don't want the alarm to keep on sounding if I am away from my BB. I want an option for a ONE TIME alarm and be done with it.

It does appear that the company/programmer may be on vacation as nothing has been heard from them in a while.
    08-15-08 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD