I have bragged about how wonderful my replacement device is, and it really is! But I do have one puzzling issue with apps that I hope someone can help me solve. I had been using the app "justthemap" to view NYC subway maps on my phone. It was a great app for those riding the subway in NYC. However, when I got my replacement and logged back in to appworld, it said "app not supported" which is very strange because I know first hand that it is. I e-mailed the developer of the app a few days ago but no response just yet. Anyone have an idea why the support for the device changed from one device to another?

Also, with patternlock from the appworld, it appears I am getting the older version of the app, not the new one with all the new features. I don't know why that is but theres a crucial option in the new version that I need to enable in order for this app to be functional for me. The version I'm currently running is 2.0.0.4.

The option is "enable apps to pop up over pattern lock"

Without it, my 3rd party alarm is useless
    05-15-10 08:42 AM
    anyone??????
    05-15-10 12:07 PM
    About the older version of pattern lock; I got my replacement device the same day as you did and when I went to reload BerryBuzz. It wouldn't work with my new PIN. (After the Change Device option in Mobihand). Anyway support told me that I could only redownload the 2.0 version or rebuy the 3.0 version. They wouldn't transfer the code since I originally paid for 2.0 and received a free upgrade to 3.0. That BS!! but that's what they did.

Did you get a free upgrade that App World reneged?
    05-15-10 09:55 PM
    it appears that a lot of the paid apps I redownload from appworld are downloading as older versions or not working for registration at all! Patternlock, then car finder passcode is not working, laterdude pro registration code was invalid, smartwifi is giving the older version that doesnt shut off the wifi when you leave the cell site. justthemap all of a suddent is not even supported on my device when it was on my old one.... ehhhhhhh

So far the pattern lock and laterdude pro customer service helped me by either giving me new downloads with registrations for free but no luck with the other apps so far!

Whats going on here!?!?!?!?!?
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-22-10 at 03:57 AM.
    05-22-10 03:49 AM
    I ran into this problem with Garmin Mobile. You don't buy the app. You pay for the "license" rights to use it. It's for "life". The "life" of the device, so if you switch devices, many app builders won't let you use the app without paying again. I agree it's BS, but unless you can talk to support and get a renewal without paying (If you can even get in touch with them) then you have to rebuy the "license". This is the primary reason I don't use paid apps. Even paid themes, although theme builders are a little more reasonable, won't be updated if they stop working on an OS release.
    05-22-10 07:52 AM
    I ran into this problem with Garmin Mobile. You don't buy the app. You pay for the "license" rights to use it. It's for "life". The "life" of the device, so if you switch devices, many app builders won't let you use the app without paying again. I agree it's BS, but unless you can talk to support and get a renewal without paying (If you can even get in touch with them) then you have to rebuy the "license". This is the primary reason I don't use paid apps. Even paid themes, although theme builders are a little more reasonable, won't be updated if they stop working on an OS release.
    problem is, if you buy it off of appworld, arent they supposed to honor it based on appworlds rules, not their own?

Also, why would a replacement device affect which version of an app is downloaded into your device?

Or how can an app be supported entiry on one device and not on the other?
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-22-10 at 08:15 AM.
    05-22-10 08:12 AM
    this is what I mean:

how can this app be unavailable when I sign into appworld on my new device it was completely available on my older device
    05-22-10 08:13 AM
    Don't know why on that, perhaps an App World issue? Like I said, I don't use paid apps (anymore), and this is the primary reason. Never found one that gave me much more than I could find for free, and I have "demo-ed, trial-ed" quite a few. I have some apps and themes that are free, requesting a donation. Have made donations for the ones I kept. This is just my opinion of course. Probably should send message to App World support about this, maybe them or maybe the app support.
    05-22-10 08:27 AM
    ehhh, with all the replacement issues that have gone on since this phones been out, I'm very surprised this hasnt been talked about more!

I basically lost 4 paid apps that I don't even have the option to pay for again if I wanted to because it says I already have it (outdated) or the device is not supported! ugh!
    05-22-10 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD