I wiped and did a fresh install of .323 yesterday and I have everything working great, except App World. I download App World from Blackberry.com/appworld and install it. It works fine at this point, but when I do a battery pull App World is gone! Everything else is fine exept this issue it has happened twice now. It is like the phone is deleting App World on reset? Anyone else having this issue and any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for any help
    10-22-09 07:45 PM
    i can't even get it to let me re-install app world. it gives me a 404 error when i try. :-p
    10-22-09 10:27 PM
    Same here. This is the only problem I have come across. Gives 404 when o try to reinstall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 10:48 PM
    Don't know what I did but I tried again for the heck of it and it installed....
    Weird....

10-22-09 11:06 PM
    damn ... I'm opposite of you guys ... BB AppWorld works great ... crackberrys appstore is giving me your issues.
    10-22-09 11:29 PM
    yeah guys same here.. 9500 with 5.0.0.216

app world dissapears after every battery pull!! sometimes im allowed to reinstall other times im not.
    10-23-09 06:23 AM
    I've got the same issue on the official just released. With app world that is. I installed overtop of an older 4+ OS, not from clean.
    10-26-09 12:13 PM
    having the same issue...I even tried downloaded directly to my phone via the regular website for kicks [i.e. not OTA] -- still disappeared when I rebooted.
    10-26-09 12:44 PM
    Anyone come up with a solution for this? Its annoying that I have to reinstall it every time I do a battery pull...
    11-04-09 02:08 PM
    Every time I loaded the App it litters my phone with the "archive" ghost files of things I previously downloaded.

Well I would then try to delete one and the Storm would want to restart.

Once the phone is back up the App World is gone along with the archives.

Here is the fix that worked for "ME".

I loaded App World (Again)

I made a new folder and named it "Hide Me"

I then moved ALL the archives into that folder and while it was selected I hit the BB button and selected: "Hide".

Then I did a battery pul via QuickPull and "BAM" it's still there!

I'm on my third battery pull via QuickPull and it's still on my phone loaded and ready to go.

So this worked for me it "might" work for you.

Good luck.

James

This was also suggested in another thread but I have not tried it:

If you go into "my world" within App World, hit uninstall for those apps you no longer want and deleted, the archive icons go away.

Good luck
    Last edited by jamesandyori; 11-04-09 at 02:17 PM.
    11-04-09 02:12 PM
    I've had this same problem on .328 now for the last 3 times I've done a battery pull.

Anyone else have any input on how to fix the problem other than just hiding the app world archived icons?

11-07-09 01:17 PM
    Uninstall, battery pull, then reinstall from BlackBerry App World on your Storm.
    11-07-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD