Hi All,

We currently do not allow third party app downloads/installs but we are thinking of changing our policy. Before we do though, I wanted to know if anyone was aware of any problematic apps, in terms of memory leaks and/or device instability. We wanted to try to put together a "blacklist" of apps in conjunction with this. Thanks in advance for any information.

Ki
    11-09-09 04:08 PM
    Viigo and Facebook.
    11-09-09 04:13 PM
    Hi All,

We currently do not allow third party app downloads/installs but we are thinking of changing our policy. Before we do though, I wanted to know if anyone was aware of any problematic apps, in terms of memory leaks and/or device instability. We wanted to try to put together a "blacklist" of apps in conjunction with this. Thanks in advance for any information.

Ki
    I presume "WE currently" is a corporate owner of BB devices? I can see wanting to make sure things are okay before opening corporate phones to problems.
    11-09-09 04:50 PM
    I don't think Viigo is the problem it used to be. I've had it on my 8900 for the last few month's and haven't had a problem like I did on my 8820.

Even though its gotten better I wouldn't recommend BlackBerry app world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 05:57 PM
    Viigo was definitely a problem for me. I downloaded and installed to my Tour a week ago. It was slow and clunky but the worst part is I couldn't shut it down. It would continue to run in the background and drain my battery. I deleted it the day after I installed it.
    11-09-09 06:54 PM
    Viigo has been well behaved on my 8800.

Bolt has been a problem with movies - it did not play a movie, but it downloaded and downloaded until I did a hard reset.
    11-09-09 07:43 PM
    I don't think Viigo is the problem it used to be. I've had it on my 8900 for the last few month's and haven't had a problem like I did on my 8820.

Even though its gotten better I wouldn't recommend BlackBerry app world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agree Viigo gives me no problems and is a very useful app.

B B
    11-09-09 07:57 PM
    TO all that replied to this post,

THank you for the input. It is much appreciated.
    11-16-09 10:41 AM
    Yes,

That is correct
    11-16-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD