Hey there BB users, I'm new to this site. I've had my Storm since Dec '08 now and it's been great since it finally got an official OTA update... After the update though, I have had one problem which brings me now to this post. I've done a mild amount of searching and I can't find a definite answer to this. I have a problem with QuickPull v2... After I d/l'd 4.7.0.148, the Scheduler on QuickPull v2 stopped working, which sucks lol. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling which didn't help. After the reinstall, I did a hard reset by pulling the battery. After that, the scheduler worked ONCE. Then it hasn't worked since. So I'm kinda stumped... Any help is appreciated...
    06-22-09 03:30 PM
    Are you running any other apps?

I ask because I don't think StormSlider plays nice with QuickPull, though I'm not sure.
    06-22-09 03:55 PM
    The only other thing I have d/l'd is Pandora Music, VZW Navigator, and the BB App Store.
    06-22-09 06:44 PM
    i would invest in the app meterberry. you can reset your device whenever you want or you set it to reset at a certain time.
    06-22-09 06:47 PM
    I don't think those should interfere with your QuickPull.

On a side note, are you making sure to completely close out of the apps? (BB button > Close)

If not you won't recover App Mem, and it could lead to battery drain.
    06-22-09 06:52 PM
    if all else fails, uninstall quickpull, and redo the OS update. Then reinstall quickpull afterwords and do a quick battery pull. Schedule it for the next day and watch it at that time. If that doesn't fix, I have no idea other than a defect.
    06-22-09 06:56 PM
    if all else fails, uninstall quickpull, and redo the OS update. Then reinstall quickpull afterwords and do a quick battery pull. Schedule it for the next day and watch it at that time. If that doesn't fix, I have no idea other than a defect.
    i was just about to say the same thing. ive read that some people are having the same problem with .148. only redo the OS if you know what you are doing and are comfortable doing it.
    Last edited by kcpaynev1; 06-22-09 at 07:04 PM.
    06-22-09 07:00 PM
    i would invest in the app meterberry. you can reset your device whenever you want or you set it to reset at a certain time.
    I may have to give this a try. Nothing is phasing this at all.
    06-25-09 12:09 AM
    I don't think those should interfere with your QuickPull.

On a side note, are you making sure to completely close out of the apps? (BB button > Close)

If not you won't recover App Mem, and it could lead to battery drain.
    The only things running at all times is:

Phone, Messages, BB Messenger, Browser, Home

I removed Pandora and it reset itself ONCE. Now it wont again so I dunno lol. And I've also recognized, when it doesn't reset itself on the schedule, I have a memory leak. Once reset, I normally run 38.1 MB but in a short time it's under 25 MB...
    06-25-09 12:11 AM
    I'm having problems w/ my quickpull too. I just got a replacement storm preloaded w/ .148. When I try to set the qp scheduler the keyboard comes up & it won't accept any changes. I just assumed the program needs to be updated to work properly w/ 148.
    06-25-09 06:13 AM
    2 things:

1) do you have any password on your phone? i have seen where the scheduler won't work if your phone has a password on it. i could never use the scheduler because I'm on a BES and have a mandatory password.

2) go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications then highlight QuickPull press the BB button and select Edit properties and make sure that everything is set to allow. Then back out and save then do the same for Edit default permissions.
    06-25-09 06:47 AM
    1) do you have any password on your phone?
    Yes, I'm on a BES that requires a password.

2) go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications ...
    All set to "Allow".

QuickPull still does not work for me with the Scheduler. I can tell it's trying to run. For example, if I'm in the downloads folder on my phone, at the time scheduler is set to reboot the phone, I'm taken out of the dowloads folder, and my home screen is displayed. But no reboot.

If I go into QuickPull and tell it to immediately reset the device, after waiting about a minute, I'm again taken to my home screen.
    07-01-09 09:20 AM
    Yes, I'm on a BES that requires a password.

All set to "Allow".

QuickPull still does not work for me with the Scheduler. I can tell it's trying to run. For example, if I'm in the downloads folder on my phone, at the time scheduler is set to reboot the phone, I'm taken out of the dowloads folder, and my home screen is displayed. But no reboot.

If I go into QuickPull and tell it to immediately reset the device, after waiting about a minute, I'm again taken to my home screen.
    Are you using the latest version (2.1.1) of QP?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 12:37 PM
    I'm having the problem of my keyboard not going away on quick pull too. I can't schedule it now. The keyboard does the same thing on google maps

Last edited by clef; 07-01-09 at 01:33 PM.
    07-01-09 01:24 PM
    I'm having the problem of my keyboard not going away on quick pull too. I can't schedule it now. The keyboard does the same thing on google maps

Make sure that you have compatibility mode disabled. Go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications> highlight QuickPull> press the bb key> Disable Compatibility Mode. Then do the same for Google Maps.

07-01-09 02:48 PM
    Make sure that you have compatibility mode disabled. Go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications> highlight QuickPull> press the bb key> Disable Compatibility Mode. Then do the same for Google Maps.

That worked thank you. In the application list they show up in bold any reason why?

07-01-09 03:57 PM
    That worked thank you. In the application list they show up in bold any reason why?

Any apps that show up bold means that the default permissions for that app have been changed.

07-01-09 04:08 PM

No, I had version 2.0.13 which is what the RIM App Store is still sending out. Installed 2.1.1 but now I get the dreaded uncaught exception error.

Let me try a battery pull.
    07-01-09 05:52 PM
    2 things:

1) do you have any password on your phone? i have seen where the scheduler won't work if your phone has a password on it. i could never use the scheduler because I'm on a BES and have a mandatory password.

2) go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications then highlight QuickPull press the BB button and select Edit properties and make sure that everything is set to allow. Then back out and save then do the same for Edit default permissions.
    No password. Everything was set to allow and still no success.
    07-03-09 09:31 PM

I didn't even know 2.1.1 was out. D/l'ing it now. I'll report back.
    07-03-09 09:32 PM
    I didn't even know 2.1.1 was out. D/l'ing it now. I'll report back.
    It came out the same day as QuickPull Pro but like you, I don't think many people noticed it mentioned in the QuickPull v2 Thread.

07-04-09 01:35 AM
    Nope I didn't notice it. But after downloading this, I waited for the time for it to reset and it did not. However, when I picked up the phone and unlocked it, it said it can not do so while holstered or locked, so yeah. I set it for 12 PM Eastern Time and it worked today so woot! Hopefully this is a permanent fix. I'll update again tomorrow.
    07-04-09 01:53 PM
    Fixed for now! Working everyday like it should be. Thanks for the help guys.
    07-07-09 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD