I do notice a little flaw using these 2 apps together. When using crunchSMS, if a text comes up with berry popup, once you clear it, it clears it as an SMS from the regular SMS icon, not the crunch app icon. So basically the notification that there is a message is still there in crunch making you have to reread it and clear it twice.

Anyone use both of these and know a fix?
    05-15-10 12:35 PM
    I do notice a little flaw using these 2 apps together. When using crunchSMS, if a text comes up with berry popup, once you clear it, it clears it as an SMS from the regular SMS icon, not the crunch app icon. So basically the notification that there is a message is still there in crunch making you have to reread it and clear it twice.

Anyone use both of these and know a fix?
    This is not a flaw. These are 2 separate applications. BPU works with the native SMS application, and as you stated, it is working as intended. It will clear the native SMS. CrunchSMS has not provided access for another 3rd party application to clear it's own popups. These will have to be cleared by CrunchSMS, because it is a totally separate application.

Who knows, maybe one day in the future there may be a collaboration between deveopers to provided access to each others applications, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

HTH.
    Brad
    05-15-10 01:22 PM
    This is not a flaw. These are 2 separate applications. BPU works with the native SMS application, and as you stated, it is working as intended. It will clear the native SMS. CrunchSMS has not provided access for another 3rd party application to clear it's own popups. These will have to be cleared by CrunchSMS, because it is a totally separate application.

Who knows, maybe one day in the future there may be a collaboration between deveopers to provided access to each others applications, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

HTH.
    Brad
    yea, hopefully it can be integrated as such. But there is integration with berryweather and pattern lock so there is hope for this as well. For now I disable the pop ups for SMS and leave berrypopup for emails only till there's an update to enhance and fix this problem
    05-15-10 01:34 PM
    But there is integration with berryweather and pattern lock so there is hope for this as well.
    The integration that you mention is just access to data (only) which can then be displayed by another application.

But, in your original post we are basically talking about something totally different... The ability to make one 3rd party application integtrate a command function of another application (i.e. shut down icon visual alerts/mark as read/etc). This is very hard to do unless permissions are given by the developer to explictly allow this.

PatternLock or UltimateLock can display the weather data, but cannot provide reversed command functions to tell BerryWeather what to do within itself. It's not really integtrated, it is basically a "read only/display" function.
    05-15-10 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD