I installed the trial version of SixTools and loved the features but ran into a serious problem the next day. The backlight would not automatically dim. I locked the device with the lock button to turn off the screen, but after a second, the screen will light up again. This problem persisted after a battery pull, so I uninstalled SixTools.

After uninstall and a reboot, my 9860 would show the Ďbusyí clock every 20 seconds, as if itís polling something. This happens whether or not Iím using the phone. My battery is draining 10x faster as a result.

Iíve tried reloading OS 7.1.0.205, but the problem still persists.

Has anyone had this problem or have suggestions on how to fix? Perhaps Shao128, the SixTools developer, can help. Thanks.
    02-04-12 02:28 AM
    I installed the trial version of SixTools and loved the features but ran into a serious problem the next day. The backlight would not automatically dim. I locked the device with the lock button to turn off the screen, but after a second, the screen will light up again. This problem persisted after a battery pull, so I uninstalled SixTools.

After uninstall and a reboot, my 9860 would show the Ďbusyí clock every 20 seconds, as if itís polling something. This happens whether or not Iím using the phone. My battery is draining 10x faster as a result.

Iíve tried reloading OS 7.1.0.205, but the problem still persists.

Has anyone had this problem or have suggestions on how to fix? Perhaps Shao128, the SixTools developer, can help. Thanks.
    I have SixTools on my 9810, also running 7.1.0.205. No such problems. IIRC, SixTools doesn't continue to run unless you leave it open. As far as I know, it changes settings, then leaves them alone. By removing SixTools, you only eliminate the way to change them back.

Have you tried Setup -> Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings -> Blackberry Device Analyzer? It comes with 7.1 and will run under 7.0 -- there's a separate DL link in the forums for those still on 7.0. Run the battery test and let it go for several hours. It'll show (among other things) the top 5 apps for battery use. In my case, 2 of the three were related to universal search.

More important. OS 7.1.0.205 is a memory hog. Not doing anything, I get 3.5-4% battery use. And I'm not certain that OS 7.1 correctly reports drain, particularly on the lower end. I've often had 20+% drops just by opening an app that shouldn't use that much. And if you read the 7.1.0.205 thread in the Leaked OS section, there are lots of reports of large battery drains.

SixTools is NOT your culprit, the OS version you're running is!
    02-04-12 08:44 AM
    Thanks kraski for the tip about Device Analyzer. I ran the "battery draining too quickly" test and noted the battery drain was as high as 20% per hour (yikes). However, I had no apps running except for the standard mail/browser/bbm etc. I would literally watch my screen and every 20 or so seconds, the dreaded busy clock would appear and freeze momentarily.

Then by chance, I turned off my wi-fi and the problem went away (no more busy clock). I turned wi-fi back on and to my relief, the busy clock did not come back. Battery analyzer is now showing less than 5% drain per hour.

Iím pretty sure installing and de-installing SixTools caused the problem as I did not make any other changes. I will report the issue to Shaosoft.
    02-05-12 05:45 PM
    Thanks kraski for the tip about Device Analyzer. I ran the "battery draining too quickly" test and noted the battery drain was as high as 20% per hour (yikes). However, I had no apps running except for the standard mail/browser/bbm etc. I would literally watch my screen and every 20 or so seconds, the dreaded busy clock would appear and freeze momentarily.

Then by chance, I turned off my wi-fi and the problem went away (no more busy clock). I turned wi-fi back on and to my relief, the busy clock did not come back. Battery analyzer is now showing less than 5% drain per hour.

Iím pretty sure installing and de-installing SixTools caused the problem as I did not make any other changes. I will report the issue to Shaosoft.
    Communicating with Shaosoft may help, but I'm expecting you'll get a similar response to mine. Especially since SixTools does nothing with wifi and shutting off wifi ended the busy clock. Were you actually connected to wifi, where a network name showed? Or was your phone busying itself because it had a problem connecting?
    02-06-12 01:11 AM
    Same issue here with my device. Purchased and installed Sixtools frankly because I wanted portrait lock, which inexplicably doesn't come native on the device software. Now when I press the lock button, the screen goes off, but then it turns right back on shortly thereafter - and stays on in perpetuity, regardless of my settings. That didn't happen before installing Sixtools.

Current OS version is 7.1.0, Bundle 921. Sixtools version is 1.7.5. Any known fixes or adjustments?

Edit: A second battery pull appears to have corrected the issue.
    Last edited by jegs2; 03-22-12 at 09:23 AM.
    03-21-12 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD