I have just downloaded QuickLaunch and I love it and the idea of it but I am having a problem. When I try to send a SMS through the QL menu, I get the following:

And my firewall is set everything to ALLOW and I am not on BES.

Everything else has seemed to work so far but this was a main reason for me to DL this application. I have tried to contact the developer but they can't seem to offer any help at all (or really seem to even care, unfortunately).

(The reason my firewall is on and set to allow is, for some reason, MyAlarm has to have it set that way in order to play files through my memory card.)

Thanks.
    03-14-09 06:34 PM
    Just for troubleshooting purposes, try disabling your firewall to see if that fixes the problem. Cheetah is usually very helpful have you tried PM'ing him?
    03-14-09 07:49 PM
    I did and the program works fine then but I need to have the alarm program working. I tried emailing and PMing and we got nowhere. It was just left for me to worry about. And that's ok just unfortunate for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 08:00 PM
    Actually, we went back and forth but I don't have a solution. If the firewall won't let 3rd party apps send an sms then there is nothing you can do besides disable or reconfigure the firewall.
    03-14-09 08:08 PM
    So, if anyone has a firewall enabled, peroid, this program's SMS function will not work for them? That's what I'm getting out of this. Because everything is set to ALLOW but this program won't work for me.

03-14-09 08:13 PM
    That's what a firewall does. It stops access to certain areas.
    03-14-09 08:35 PM
    Thank you for your help.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for me? I'd really love for this to work for me.

03-14-09 08:38 PM
    I'm in the same boat and would love a solutuion, but it sounds like its up to RIM to make the solution? I don't understand the point of having a firewall and the ability to set permissions if setting them to "allow" doesn't really allow! LOL. QuickLaunch is great program, I just wish I could keep my firewall on and still use QL for SMS. :-(

04-10-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD