Hi, I just got my Torch on Monday and I've been trying to set up Facebook Places to no avail. When I'm inside, the location is about 30 miles out, but when I hang out the window it's very close to my real location. When I go to set up Places, it automatically selects the location 30 miles out and it won't change to my real location. Any suggestions?
    11-26-10 12:52 PM
    Usually it finds stuff within 1mi of your loaction at least it does for me. Tried to refresh? Using Google Maps etc is your GPS locking on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-10 01:43 PM
    I've tried Google Maps and it gets it pretty much spot on, but on places it won't automatically find my location so I go to 'check in' and it comes up with the location from BB Maps, which is wrong. If I click on the location it takes me into BB Maps and if I leave it on long enough it will eventually get my real location but then I have no idea how to transfer that to Places.
    Last edited by lozicus; 11-26-10 at 02:01 PM.
    11-26-10 01:56 PM
    This seems to be a common problem within the facebook app. I can never get an accurate location. I'm usually 3000 ft or so off.

11-26-10 05:54 PM
    Grrrr! I worked on this all day and finally got it to work!

1. Make sure you have BlackBerry Maps downloaded and enabled on your phone. If you removed it initially, like I did, you will have to go to the desktop manager to re-install it.

2. Open up BlackBerry Maps and search for an address with "Where I'm At" as your start point. I did this inside my office at first and it didn't work so I went outside and it worked.

3. Once the satellites have picked up your location, then go into Facebook Places and check-in. Hopefully it will work for you then!

4. Go someplace fun with your friends and tag away!

I hope this is helpful. Oh, I have a Bold 9650 / Verizon.
    12-21-10 08:47 PM
    wont work with me
    12-22-10 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD