I have this problem with the Facebook app on my 9900, it started yesterday.

When I try to login with my details I get this error.

''An error has occurred on the Facebook server and they cannot process your request at this time.
    Please try again later. (2602)''

And when I click show details it reads:
    ''Facebook Response Error: tagline is not a member of the event table''

Somebody know what this is?
    07-06-12 05:37 AM
    No idea what it is but I've also got the same problem with two different facebook accounts on two different blackberries this morning in the UK, so I'm guessing (hoping) it's a problem at the server end of things which should get noticed and fixed fairly soon.
    07-06-12 05:48 AM
    I just unninstaled and reinnstaled.

Funny thing, when I tried reinnstal for Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones the certificate was out on date.

When I tried reinnstal from Appworld, everything ok
    07-06-12 06:24 AM
    Got the same problem in Mexico, gonna try reinstall.
    07-06-12 07:21 AM
    Now it does not work again, dont know why. Must be from Rim side or something
    07-06-12 07:57 AM
    Maybe coulbe something related to Facebook Beta, now have event in the app... i dont think they will push official soon, cause is a new beta... but there are a posibility

Regards
    07-06-12 08:10 AM
    Yeah, maybe. Since the error says something about event table.
    07-06-12 09:28 AM
    Getting same error. Also, NO notifications.

07-06-12 10:50 AM
    Getting same error. Also, NO notifications.

Getting same error ... I have a 9780 (bold) in The Netherlands
    07-06-12 11:20 AM
    Getting same error ... I have a 9780 (bold) in The Netherlands
    07-06-12 11:23 AM
    I am in the US and having the same issue.
    07-06-12 11:32 AM
    Is getting worse and worlwide...
    Just for confirm, are u beta users?

Regards
    07-06-12 11:34 AM
    This is crap!

Previously, sometimes I won't get a notification, but if I open up FB and check notifications, it will refresh and show me whatever is there. Sucks, but still...

NOW - NOTHING!!! Sometimes when I refresh Notifications, I get the 2602 error. But NO notifications show up.

Sorry to say, but I really wish my 2 years was up already. Really tired of all this.
    07-06-12 11:36 AM
    I have the official app downloaded from appworld. That is not the beta i think?
    07-06-12 12:23 PM
    There are reports in betazone from user having the same issue, so i think is more general than no-beta user, the weird, no everyone heve the problem.

So far i have any issue with FB.

Regards
    07-06-12 12:38 PM
    Not a beta user, just the normal regular FB app.
    07-06-12 12:51 PM
    I've also been getting this error for the last couple of days. My version has been downloaded through the upgrade function so I'm assuming it's not the beta version. Facebook is still working in the browser but I can't log into the app at all. I've now downloaded it twice and I'm trying again through appworld...
    07-06-12 03:26 PM
    Now I'm getting an app error upgrading appworld. It's just not my night!
    07-06-12 03:28 PM
    Hello,

I found a solution for me :

HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE :

1. UNINSTALL COMPLETELY THE FACEBOOK APP.
    2. RESTART THE BLACKBERRY DEVICE. ( hard ,remove battery)
    3. GO TO BLACBKERRY APP STORE AND INSTALL THE FACEBOOK APP AGAIN. (without making the upgrade )
    4. CONNECT FACEBOOK APP TO BLACKBERRY MESSENGER.
    5. DONE.
    07-06-12 04:55 PM
    Hello,
    I found a solution for me :
    HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE :
    1. UNINSTALL COMPLETELY THE FACEBOOK APP.
    2. RESTART THE BLACKBERRY DEVICE. ( hard ,remove battery)
    3. GO TO BLACBKERRY APP STORE AND INSTALL THE FACEBOOK APP AGAIN. (without making the upgrade )
    4. CONNECT FACEBOOK APP TO BLACKBERRY MESSENGER.
    5. DONE.
    Yes, this does get around the error, it however does not resolve the issue with notifications. Also, if you log off via the application you will get the (2602) error again... Somehow someway either Facebook or RIM broke the app.
    07-06-12 05:40 PM
    I have the same problem.

Blackberry Bold 9900 with the official facebook application not beta in egypt , vodafone carrier.

First it started as there is not any notifications and when I logged out and tried to log in again it gave an error message with error number : 2606.
    07-06-12 07:23 PM
    i have the same error in Egypt since today ...tried to delete it..re-install it works for 10 mins..and then no notifications at all ! ..when i try to log out and login again ..i get the stupid error !! and it's 9900 also !
    07-06-12 07:36 PM
    Lots of similar posts on Blackberry forum also. So many people with the same issue indicates that Facebook and/or RIM jacked something up big time and our only solution is to wait it out and see if it gets fixed in a timely fashion. Personally, Android is looking real good to me right now. I do like my Torch 9810 but I do want things to work.
    07-06-12 08:09 PM
    I'm having the same problem on my 9350. I deleted it and installed the 7.1 version from rroyy.com. It worked for a while and now I'm getting the same (2602) error. Will just have to wait and see what happens.
    07-06-12 09:04 PM
    I've been having the same issue since yesterday, and so I tweeted to @BlackBerryHelp about it, and they sent a message about the issue. (I just copied the information from the link the sent me so you guys could save time) Here it is:

Environment
    Facebook� for BlackBerry� smartphones

Overview
    Occasionally, the Facebook� API server might return error codes to mobile applications, such as Facebook� for BlackBerry� smartphones. Previously working requests may begin suddenly and without notice to return unexpected error codes.

Error codes between 2001 and 3799 are often not BlackBerry� application errors and are Facebook server errors.

Resolution
    These error codes are generated from the Facebook server. Please try the request again at a later time, or log in to the Facebook website to complete the request.

If the issue continues to persist please contact BlackBerry Technical Support.

Additional Information
    As these errors are due to the interface used by most mobile Facebook applications (such as Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones) to communicate with the Facebook website, it is likely that the error might not occur when logged into the Facebook website.
    I do hope they fix this real soon as, while I'm trying to search online for any temporary workaround, it seems more and more BlackBerry users are experiencing the same problem - not to mention the delayed notifications or notifications that don't arrive at all.
    07-06-12 10:01 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD