Hi -

If anyone could help, I'd REALLY appreciate it. When I go to load BlackBerry App World, I get the following error message "There is an issue with BlackBerry App World. BlackBerry App World must now close." I've tried pulling the battery out to re-boot, but I keep getting the same thing.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks for the help!
    12-20-11 11:09 AM
    Delete your current version, and install 3.1.0.56.

BlackBerry - Download BlackBerry App World
    12-20-11 11:48 AM
    had an update notice for BB App world to to install 3.1.0.58 and ran it, but now after a device reboot on my bold 9650, there is no longer any BB App World Icon. Have tried another battery pull and still no Icon. Did a search for it on the phone and it does not show any instance of it being installed yet it shows that it is installed if I search under Setup> Options> Device > Application Management

Any Ideas what gives?
    12-24-11 07:27 PM
    You may want to downgrade to earlier version.
    Try this link to see how others solved their failed frustrated upgrade of the Appworld:
    Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFound Erro... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    12-24-11 08:06 PM
    had an update notice for BB App world to to install 3.1.0.58 and ran it, but now after a device reboot on my bold 9650, there is no longer any BB App World Icon. Have tried another battery pull and still no Icon. Did a search for it on the phone and it does not show any instance of it being installed yet it shows that it is installed if I search under Setup> Options> Device > Application Management

Any Ideas what gives?
    I had the same problem. I resolved it by deleting it and then reinstalling it.

--Ariel
    12-24-11 11:54 PM
    I had the same problem. I resolved it by deleting it and then reinstalling it.

--Ariel
    Did you still using v3.1.0.58 or downgrade the App World version?
    12-25-11 12:05 AM
    I have the same problem! Deleated at least 10 tmes and when install it from blackberry I get thE old verison!what gives rim more bs app problems for a pos phone and os! So long crapberry!
    12-25-11 01:54 PM
    Ditto on .58 'disappearing'. Don't know what the problem is, but it seems pretty specific to only certain OS 6 devices. Downgrade to .56 and delete notices to upgrade.
    12-26-11 09:04 AM
    Did you still using v3.1.0.58 or downgrade the App World version?
    I didn't realize that I was reinstalling the downgraded version, 3.1.0.56.

I keep getting the update to 3.1.0.58 notification, but am having the same disappearing icon problem as everyone else. I am going to ignore the update notification until they fix the problem.

Sorry for the misinformation.

--Ariel
    12-27-11 10:46 AM
    RIM botched this badly and has offered no guidance. They just released an update the other day that had the whole identity baggage issue, and now this little thing comes along hot on its heels and is messing people up.

As people are saying, don't waste your time and battery on .58, and if you do, go back to .56 and wait for RIM to get around to this fire when they put out various others. Rest assured you're not missing anything of any importance.
    12-27-11 02:57 PM
    Some BlackBerry customers who recently upgraded to BlackBerry App World™ version 3.1.0.58 have reported that the App World icon on their BlackBerry smartphone does not appear on the Home screen after this upgrade. If you are experiencing this issue, please visit Download BlackBerry App World and follow the steps to install version 3.1.0.56 of BlackBerry App World. This will restore the App World icon to your BlackBerry smartphone. For further information, you may also reference the following article available via the BlackBerry Technical Solutions Center KB29422-AppWorld icon is missing after upgrading to AppWorld 3.1.0.58. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    12-30-11 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD