So here I am sitting at my table drinking coffee and realize I want to get an app that allows me to reboot my phone on a scheduled time. I know one such app exists because before I switched to android (and then back) I had an app that allowed for that. So what do I do? I go to blackberry app world and search for "reboot"...no go, there are a few that allow to click on the app to reboot but I know the three button combination to do that so that doesn't work. Next I try for "restart", nope pretty much the same as the last search. Then just to say I've done it, I search for "auto" and of course there are no relevant results.

I think the problem here, is that while blackberry does have fewer apps then the other platforms, that's not the problem. The problem appears to be that whenever the end user wants an app, he simply can't find it leading to the belief that it just isn't there. While I have your attention, does anyone know where I can get this app?

PS: What's up with this Crackberry/Tapatalk app? it doesn't automatically insert apostrophes and periods. It is a bit of an annoyance to use when typing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 06:17 AM
    I think the reboot app you are looking for is called QuickPull. You can schedule reboots daily.
    04-11-12 06:45 AM
    searching for 'auto reboot' comes up with several apps...

Search Results for "auto reboot" - BlackBerry App World
    04-11-12 07:31 AM
    I have to agree on appworld searches. When you search for simple browser and you get everything but simple browser that is a problem.
    04-11-12 08:57 AM
    searching for 'auto reboot' comes up with several apps...

Search Results for "auto reboot" - BlackBerry App World

yes but if you narrow it down to free apps for the 9330 then you get pretty much nothing (unless you're looking for irrelevant stuff lol)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 09:52 AM
    I have to agree on appworld searches. When you search for simple browser and you get everything but simple browser that is a problem.
    I admit, whatever search backend they're using, it sucks. I don't think they use metatags at all, they just scan the title and description and whatever hits gets displayed.

They should overhaul their search backend and start using Sphinx

yes but if you narrow it down to free apps for the 9330 then you get pretty much nothing (unless you're looking for irrelevant stuff lol)
    Applying filters will always narrow your results.
    04-11-12 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD