It seems as every time I try to login with my device connected that when I go to either upgrade or install/uninstall, the icons to update or install do not work even though it shows the connected device.

Anyone else having this problem?
    09-13-11 11:22 AM
    It seems as every time I try to login with my device connected that when I go to either upgrade or install/uninstall, the icons to update or install do not work even though it shows the connected device.

Anyone else having this problem?
    What are you referring to when you say that when your device is connected? Connected to what? Please provide me with more detailed info so I can help you.
    09-13-11 11:43 AM
    What are you referring to when you say that when your device is connected? Connected to what? Please provide me with more detailed info so I can help you.
    When you are on App World, and you go into "My World" it asks you to connect your device via USB cord. That is what I mean by connected.
    09-13-11 11:47 AM
    When you are on App World, and you go into "My World" it asks you to connect your device via USB cord. That is what I mean by connected.
    OK I have never in 4 years or at least since app world i have never gone into My World where you installed or uninstalled apps are or apps ready to upgrade did I ever get a message to connect via a USB cable.

If you are trying to upgrade an app you are going to be asked to login using your BBID which is the email address you provided that is if you did sign up for a BBID and then your password. It will then say login and it will say authenticating, if successful you will see your apps you have dlwnloaded and installed, uninstalled or upgrades. From there you are free to do whatever you wish but there is no reason to be connected using a USB cord and have never heard of anyone getting this message to do this.
    09-13-11 12:11 PM
    OK I have never in 4 years or at least since app world i have never gone into My World where you installed or uninstalled apps are or apps ready to upgrade did I ever get a message to connect via a USB cable.

If you are trying to upgrade an app you are going to be asked to login using your BBID which is the email address you provided that is if you did sign up for a BBID and then your password. It will then say login and it will say authenticating, if successful you will see your apps you have dlwnloaded and installed, uninstalled or upgrades. From there you are free to do whatever you wish but there is no reason to be connected using a USB cord and have never heard of anyone getting this message to do this.
    I'm sorry, maybe I should have been more clear. I am speaking of going on my desktop computer to AppWorld thru BB.com. When you click to browse the apps on your desktop (not your device), there is something call My World, just like on the device. You must plug your device into your cord so that your apps are populated on the screen of the computer. Its basically doing it thru the website and not OTA. The only reason I asked about this is that I have done updates in the past this way from time to time vs. OTA.
    09-13-11 01:09 PM
    I'm sorry, maybe I should have been more clear. I am speaking of going on my desktop computer to AppWorld thru BB.com. When you click to browse the apps on your desktop (not your device), there is something call My World, just like on the device. You must plug your device into your cord so that your apps are populated on the screen of the computer. Its basically doing it thru the website and not OTA. The only reason I asked about this is that I have done updates in the past this way from time to time vs. OTA.
    You know this is a problem with info flowing thru a thread the right way and we could have avoided all of this. Just use your device and reread my threads to you about logging in via app world anddo all your installs and upgrades from there which is much easier and keeps better track on the device.

If you would have let us(ME) all of this, problem would have been solved.

Maybe you can try and login now using your BBID on the device but keep in mind that any apps you had under your old BBID ais not going to populate on your new divice if you dont login using the ID email address, you might want to give that some thought or lose them and use the new one you made.

The reason for the BBID is it keeps all your apps for this reason so in mins you can change devices, login with BBID and it will populate all your apps you had before. Good luck.
    09-13-11 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD