I'm not here to bash App World because I am grateful that RIM finally put it out. I also have high hopes that it will get better and better.

The problem is that I can't filter it to show apps that are compatible with the Storm or find apps specifically designed for the Storm. I am not going to pay for an app and then find out it was made with the trackball in mind.

I was going to start a thread asking which apps/games are Storm specific, but I don't think any of us should be a guinea pig for this.

What do you guys think?
    04-01-09 06:53 PM
    That would be a great feature....filter by device. Seems easy enough. Hope the implement it soon. Nice suggestion.
    04-01-09 06:56 PM
    Here are my suggestions:

1) Make the developer list the supported devices!! I have wasted some time with this one.

2) Have developers list if the Free ap is actually a free trial!

3) Search on supported devices within each category

4) Within each category have the 20 newest as a search option

5) Search on price and ratings - more advanced than current

I truly believe the first two are critical. The others will be needed once the App World grows. THANKS!
    04-01-09 06:59 PM
    Here are my suggestions:

1) Make the developer list the supported devices!! I have wasted some time with this one.

2) Have developers list if the Free ap is actually a free trial!

3) Search on supported devices within each category

4) Within each category have the 20 newest as a search option

5) Search on price and ratings - more advanced than current

I truly believe the first two are critical. The others will be needed once the App World grows. THANKS!
    Those are all great ideas but for #1, I don't even want to see apps that aren't designed for the Storm. I don't care if there are a thousand apps, if only 30 are compatible, only show me those 30.

Love suggestions #2 and #5
    04-01-09 07:03 PM
    Those are all great ideas but for #1, I don't even want to see apps that aren't designed for the Storm. I don't care if there are a thousand apps, if only 30 are compatible, only show me those 30.

Love suggestions #2 and #5
    I hear you on #1 . . but I have two blackberries so I might like to search for the curve while on the storm to know what is out there.
    04-01-09 07:04 PM
    I work in the Quality field testing S/W interfaces and to me it is just unbelievable that such a big company can take so long to release something so simple (seriously, it's a database with a fancy wrapper) that is missing such critical features. There is no blaming Verizon this time. Fark'n RIM!!! I'M SAYING WE BOYCOTT APP WORLD!!!!!
    04-01-09 07:17 PM
    I work in the Quality field testing S/W interfaces and to me it is just unbelievable that such a big company can take so long to release something so simple (seriously, it's a database with a fancy wrapper) that is missing such critical features. There is no blaming Verizon this time. Fark'n RIM!!! I'M SAYING WE BOYCOTT APP WORLD!!!!!
    easy there killer. It works well for me at this point. I was able to find 4 useful aps and download them in seconds without searching all over. And they were all free. Overall I am happy.
    04-01-09 07:19 PM
    i purchased swooshsms and it sucks for the storm a t no time under the descrption did it say trail i called and it said that they dont issue nothing back no refunds be aware guys this is a bull move seeing how they dont let you filter the app store..
    04-01-09 07:24 PM
    All the items in the App World are compatiable with your device.

The problem is people make apps for like the BB curve and then try to port them over to the Storm. This is true with most games and it sucks.
    04-01-09 07:39 PM
    easy there killer. It works well for me at this point. I was able to find 4 useful aps and download them in seconds without searching all over. And they were all free. Overall I am happy.
    I have had 4 different things that I have bought in the last week fail in the last 24 hours. So I am fired up and read to take out a small village!!!
    04-01-09 08:17 PM
    All the items in the App World are compatiable with your device.
    Exactly! I have yet to download something that isn't completely usable on the Storm. And so far, one I have played with all day (Shazam), is really not Storm friendly... But it's good enough!
    04-01-09 08:26 PM
    I have had 4 different things that I have bought in the last week fail in the last 24 hours. So I am fired up and read to take out a small village!!!
    No worries! The real issue was alluded to . .developers are trying to port applications instead of taking the time to make sure they are storm compatible.
    04-01-09 08:28 PM
    Yay a civil app world thread. I agree, I LOVE app world and am very excited about it. Obviously it will get better and things will change a touch but at least we are coming up with good ideas about how and what can be done with out getting angry.
    04-01-09 08:28 PM
    All of you guys that are complaining about it with ideas that will make it better.... Call it a hunch but you might as well get used to its flaws because I have a feeling that it will be a looooong time before we see an adequate update.
    04-01-09 08:32 PM
    All of you guys that are complaining about it with ideas that will make it better.... Call it a hunch but you might as well get used to its flaws because I have a feeling that it will be a looooong time before we see an adequate update.
    Maybe . . maybe not. Depending on the issues, they will have some fidiciary responsibility to the developers now. It is a little different than a phone OS where they do not sell the service beyond the BIS/BES.
    04-01-09 08:34 PM

I've been trying to download BB App World for a few hours now. Everyone I know with a BB hasn't had any issues downloading the program except me. I'm not getting all the applications including Vlingo, which is the reason I'm wanting this program on my phone. On the home page, I'm only getting 10 featured items. Everyone I know has been getting 16 or 17 total featured items...Vlingo being one of them. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be with my BB?

Help please...

Thanks, Bill
    04-01-09 08:41 PM

I've been trying to download BB App World for a few hours now. Everyone I know with a BB hasn't had any issues downloading the program except me. I'm not getting all the applications including Vlingo, which is the reason I'm wanting this program on my phone. On the home page, I'm only getting 10 featured items. Everyone I know has been getting 16 or 17 total featured items...Vlingo being one of them. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be with my BB?

Help please...

Thanks, Bill
    Are you on a Storm? I think it is dependent on your phone.
    04-01-09 08:42 PM
    No, I'm on a Curve 8330.
    04-01-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD