We have developed an interesting new product that delivers calling name to your Blackberry (and Windows Mobile, with Symbian S60 and Apple iPhone on their way). Head over to our website to download a free trial and tell us what you think. Please see the link in my signature to download.
    07-03-08 09:53 AM
    Did I see things right on your website? $83.40 per year? I think I'll keep guessing who's calling me or figure it out if they decide to leave a vm if I choose to not answer.
    07-03-08 10:14 AM
    Did I see things right on your website? $83.40 per year? I think I'll keep guessing who's calling me or figure it out if they decide to leave a vm if I choose to not answer.
    Yes that's correct. $6.95 a month is what it breaks down to.
    07-03-08 10:28 AM
    I bought this about a month ago...it works good if u want to know who is calling after u already talked to them. Maybe its just mine but sometimes the caller I.d. Doesn't come up until a minute or 2 after I've hung up. Its never come up before I answer it, I usually give it a few rings before I pick up. Just me or is that how its supposed to work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 11:37 AM
    I bought this about a month ago...it works good if u want to know who is calling after u already talked to them. Maybe its just mine but sometimes the caller I.d. Doesn't come up until a minute or 2 after I've hung up. Its never come up before I answer it, I usually give it a few rings before I pick up. Just me or is that how its supposed to work?

Currently, on RIM devices the information is only delivered after the call has ended. This is not a limitation of our software but a limitation on the device itself. None of the current blackberry devices can do a phone call and data simultaneously. So far, only windows mobile 3g devices on AT&T can provide realtime service with our product. We hope the next generation of Blackberry devices will allow this, the Bold looks promising. Also, as far as I know, none of the CDMA networks (Telus, Sprint, Verizon) support data+voice. The capability is there, but none of the major carriers have implemented it.

KevCro - as far as it taking a minute or two to pop up, that's typically related to the data connection not being opened immediately. What version of the Blackberry OS are you running? I might be able to debug it with a test device here if i can reproduce the problem. I'll get back with you when I find anything.
    Last edited by PrivusMobile; 07-03-08 at 11:49 AM.
    07-03-08 11:43 AM
    Had I known this before hand I probably would have saved myself a few bucks. Knowing who called after I talked to them doesn't really help.
    I'm using 4.3.0.127. Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kevcro; 07-03-08 at 11:52 AM.
    07-03-08 11:49 AM
    Currently, on RIM devices the information is only delivered after the call has ended. This is not a limitation of our software but a limitation on the device itself. None of the current blackberry devices can do a phone call and data simultaneously. So far, only windows mobile 3g devices on AT&T can provide realtime service with our product. We hope the next generation of Blackberry devices will allow this, the Bold looks promising. Also, as far as I know, none of the CDMA networks (Telus, Sprint, Verizon) support data+voice. The capability is there, but none of the major carriers have implemented it.

KevCro - as far as it taking a minute or two to pop up, that's typically related to the data connection not being opened immediately. What version of the Blackberry OS are you running? I might be able to debug it with a test device here if i can reproduce the problem. I'll get back with you when I find anything.
    First off, the fact that this app works after the fact on RIM devices would make this an app not worth having. Whats the point of knowing who called after you've spoken to them?

Which takes me to this question - is that knowledge/info posted somewhere prior to purchase? I noticed that the only mention in your FAQ section regarding Blackberries

10. My Blackberry is stuck registering at 95%. What can I do?

Under your device list I found, "These devices use Windows Mobile 5 or 6, or RIM 4.1 or higher. If your device runs one of these operating system versions, please feel free to try Privus Mobile."

I think in complete fairness to potential buyers, there should have been something that states GSM only. The fact that you have RIM as a device is nice, but you misrepresented which RIM devices- per carrier.

And the last thing you said about capability (Voice+Data) being there but "none of the major carriers have implemented it." You list Telus as one of the carriers that this app work BEFORE the fact, yet Kev here has a BB AND Telus so I dont understand why you would need the version of his BB for debugging purposes when it's never going to work for him properly anyway.

You'll get back to him when you find something, but your own words make it clear you'll never find anything.

Kev, dont hold your breath. Seems to me you should be getting a refund.

Had I known this before hand I probably would have saved myself a few bucks. Knowing who called after I talked to them doesn't really help.
    I'm using 4.3.0.127. Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 11:04 PM
    I originally bought this off the Handango Inhand app when it first came out, from the description they had it sounded like "true" caller i.d., so I didn't see the website beforehand....in hindsight I'd say save your money on this one.
    Last edited by kevcro; 07-04-08 at 12:25 AM.
    07-03-08 11:12 PM
    A waste of money. Don't buy it. Plain & simple.

07-05-08 04:38 PM
    Sorry Kev that you got got! Have you tried for a refund?
    07-05-08 06:12 PM
    Sorry Kev that you got got! Have you tried for a refund?
    Thanks for the help buddy. I can't be bothered trying to get a refund,won't be renewing it to say the least, going to chalk it up as a lesson learned and hope no one else fell for this 1.
    No word back from the OP about this anymore...think he's scared...lol.
    07-05-08 08:51 PM
    Thanks for the help buddy. I can't be bothered trying to get a refund,won't be renewing it to say the least, going to chalk it up as a lesson learned and hope no one else fell for this 1.
    No word back from the OP about this anymore...think he's scared...lol.
    Probably. I seriously doubt he expected to get called to the carpet for misrepresenting his app. What got me the most was his reply to you; like no one would pick up on the fact that he was trying to blow the proverbial smoke up your but t.

Well, here's hoping other people will come across this thread before falling into the same trap.

As you said in your case, a lesson learned.
    07-05-08 09:16 PM
    Has anyone heard if this works with cell phone numbers? I would be willing to pay for this service for a few months if it told me the name of whose cell keeps calling me!!!
    04-04-09 02:30 PM
    Get youmail, it's free & the names show up after the call IF they leave a voicemail. Way I figure it, if they don't leave me voicemail, they don't need to be calling me LOL
    04-04-09 11:19 PM
    Get youmail, it's free & the names show up after the call IF they leave a voicemail. Way I figure it, if they don't leave me voicemail, they don't need to be calling me LOL
    You can set up youmail to notify you even if the person doesn't leave a message. And you will still get the caller id info.
    05-06-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD