Still running it, and still without faults.
    05-10-11 09:13 PM
    Find this app just amazing, liking the record option mostly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 12:20 AM
    I'm agreeing with all the praise, I can't seem to find anything wrong with it.
    There doesn't seem to be a memory leak that I can see, it doesn't hog the processor or cause any lag.
    The closest thing I can think of to a complaint (and it's not) is that it DOES eat through my battery pretty quickly.
    Still love the program though!

05-12-11 08:16 AM
    OUCH! I found something.

I paused a radio stream for several minutes while I attended to other business. When I went back to my music, I thought, "There's really no reason for me to resume where I left off, I'll just hit Live and join the current stream."

Shortly afterward, I saw that my memory had dropped more than 40 MB from all that paused/cached music! Nothing "conventional" would recover it, not even two battery-pulls.

After some deep investigating, I discovered that my Content Store had grown dramatically from the build-up of cached info. Fortunately, I had a recent data backup on file and a selective recovery of only the Content Store solved the problem.

I imagine that if I had chosen to unpause the music and let it play, the memory would have freed itself accordingly; it was hitting Live while paused that caused the cached info to be saved instead of used.

So let this be a lesson: Do not hit Live when paused. To rejoin the living, unpause the stream, then go Live. You'll be glad you did.

05-12-11 12:45 PM
    OUCH! I found something.

I paused a radio stream for several minutes while I attended to other business. When I went back to my music, I thought, "There's really no reason for me to resume where I left off, I'll just hit Live and join the current stream."

Shortly afterward, I saw that my memory had dropped more than 40 MB from all that paused/cached music! Nothing "conventional" would recover it, not even two battery-pulls.

After some deep investigating, I discovered that my Content Store had grown dramatically from the build-up of cached info. Fortunately, I had a recent data backup on file and a selective recovery of only the Content Store solved the problem.

I imagine that if I had chosen to unpause the music and let it play, the memory would have freed itself accordingly; it was hitting Live while paused that caused the cached info to be saved instead of used.

So let this be a lesson: Do not hit Live when paused. To rejoin the living, unpause the stream, then go Live. You'll be glad you did.

Wow, that's a great find! I'll keep an eye on that.
    05-12-11 12:48 PM
    OUCH! I found something.

It's pretty safe to hit Live whenever you want. If you have SD card (and you better have it!) the app stores pause cache on it. You can configure the amount of space to use for cache in pause settings and can set it as low as 4 Mb.
    05-12-11 02:25 PM
    It's pretty safe to hit Live whenever you want. If you have SD card (and you better have it!) the app stores pause cache on it. You can configure the amount of space to use for cache in pause settings and can set it as low as 4 Mb.
    Thanks for the reply, Alex. It's great that you check this forum so often.

I looked at my SD card and it contains 512 buffer files of 128KB each, which I believe is normal. Only seven of those files are dated 05/12/2011, though (the date of the problem). The remaining files number 16 from 05/13 (the date of this posting) and 489 from 05/11.

I checked my "Pause and recording" settings moments ago and it states "No SD card is installed." This is a normal device response when the phone is connected to a computer and is using the SD card as a USB drive. Which makes me wonder ...

What happens when the computer controls the SD card? Can TuneIn still use it for its buffer?

05-13-11 10:51 AM
    Boy, I really missed the boat on this one. Too late for the beta and what, 6 or 7 weeks early for App World?

05-16-11 08:02 PM
    What happens when the computer controls the SD card? Can TuneIn still use it for its buffer?

If you are connected to PC in a USB mass storage mode, then the app won't be able to access the SD card and may end up writing into the internal storage. Thanks for the question -- I really need to look carefully to handle all such cases in the best possible way.
    05-17-11 01:35 PM
    When will this be released for sale?
    It's live now!

BlackBerry App World - TuneIn Radio Pro
    05-17-11 01:36 PM
    Hopefully the Facebook fan page will be updated to show that BB app is out as well.
    05-17-11 01:37 PM
    Cool!
    Alex, thanks for the opportunity to be a part of the private beta testing. It was fun, but I have never been part of a testing group that had an app with so few bugs if at all. I spent the buck just to get the little "Pro" on top of my icon , and show some support.

Very well done. You are very talented.
    Good Luck,
    Brad.
    05-17-11 02:04 PM
    *Purchased* Thanks for letting me in on the beta Alex! Keep up the great work!
    05-17-11 02:53 PM
    Alex, thanks for letting me rip through the beta. It will do well for you & us. You have a winner!

05-17-11 06:33 PM
    Curious question, I see mentioned in the first post that the base code was rewritten and I was wondering, are there any advantages or
    improvements beyond the recording, like sound quality or buffer time etc. From the free version?

05-17-11 06:40 PM
    Curious question, I see mentioned in the first post that the base code was rewritten and I was wondering, are there any advantages or
    improvements beyond the recording, like sound quality or buffer time etc. From the free version?

It has "PRO" in the icon :-)

In fact I migrated free version to the same code base so version 2.1 of free TuneIn is the same app sans pause and recording features. Oh and the free version will eventually include ads while the Pro one won't.
    05-17-11 06:45 PM
    Alex, is there a way to purchase it from Mobihand? I have all my apps under one account and would love to keep it that way.

Thanks
    Sorry, no plans for publishing on mobihand yet. Is it popular among BB users?
    05-17-11 06:48 PM
    Confrats on the release man

05-17-11 07:30 PM
    Congratulations Alex, lovin' this app so much while beta testing it.

I also use Mobihand and like seeing all my apps in one area. I do know a lot of users use Mobihand.
    05-17-11 07:53 PM
    Congratulations, Alex.

I also prefer to purchase apps from Mobihand. I generally only use AppWorld for free apps, since they have messed up purchases for me in the past, and I lost apps and was unable to get them back. In my opinion, Mobihand is more reliable.
    05-17-11 07:56 PM
    Congratulations Alex. Enjoyed beta testing/using this great app.
    I'm also a Mobihand user for paid apps.
    05-17-11 08:10 PM
    Thanks Alex, I bought it anyway (don't have a need for the recording part) still love it and heck, its worth it for the light text dark background lol

Last edited by GrumpyOldMan2112; 05-17-11 at 08:22 PM.
    05-17-11 08:15 PM
    I will wait till it gets to mobihand. Do not like BB app world, and like to have all my paid applications at one place.
    mobihand is very good for switching devices.
    05-17-11 08:45 PM
    This application is worth your buck. Please support Alex and buy this one. I feel it's worth more to be honest!

05-17-11 09:16 PM
    Installed it on my Style, but cannot import presets from tune in radio. It will not let me add device on on tunein account (you have already registered this device).
    I have 2 blackberries on my account, cannot figure out which one to delete.
    05-18-11 03:00 AM
218 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD