I got a feature request. I've played with this app all last week and weekend. You need to add at least 1 bug for me to find. I tried doing almost everything I could to bug out this app. Couldn't do it. Still trying. Can wait to purchase as it will surely release soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Haha I love this. Good luck, its practically perfect already

04-26-11 01:18 AM
    This beta has been awesome. I haven't submitted any bug reports, since I haven't experienced any bugs. All of the stations I've tried have played great, with no stoppage or errors.

04-26-11 01:21 AM
    Yes, it works worldwide. It uses WiFi or cellular data (can't work via BIS) so depending on how much you operator charges for data it might be feasible or not to use it over cellular network.
    Thank you for the reply I have WIFI. And I am a curve user (9300). In the first post, it was listed. So if you are looking for a tester, please let me.

Phone : 9300
    Carrier : Airtel
    04-26-11 08:35 AM
    Alex,
    If your still looking for 8530 BB testers
    maybe I can see if my wife or one/both of my daughters
    will test it out for you. They all have the Sprint 8530 with
    OS 5.0.0.1030
    It would be great! Thanks!
    04-26-11 09:10 AM
    Can't seem to find the recordings on my SD card or in the Media folder. How do I save them on my memory? All is well though! Alex you've did it again from the looks of it, cracking app!!

Recordings should be on SD card in /tunein/recordings/ folder. They are not the typical media files though but rather "frozen" network streams so unfortunately not very useful outside of this app.
    04-26-11 09:14 AM
    Recordings should be on SD card in /tunein/recordings/ folder. They are not the typical media files though but rather "frozen" network streams so unfortunately not very useful outside of this app.
    Any chance we can use the recordings outside of the app?

One of the reasons I am extremely interested in the 'pro' version is that I can record various radio shows I do, and then add them to my website etc.

Is it possible?
    04-26-11 11:55 AM
    Any chance we can use the recordings outside of the app?

One of the reasons I am extremely interested in the 'pro' version is that I can record various radio shows I do, and then add them to my website etc.

Is it possible?
    mp3 streams format is not different from mp3 file format so if you record from mp3 sources, you can rename .data file to mp3 and it will play elsewhere. It will not work with any other stream format though.
    04-26-11 12:04 PM
    Submitted my "app" via PM, hope I get picked again.

Anyways I wanted to answer the question about the PB version. YES, they are working on it. I believe another team at Radiotime is working on that one. I think just the BB version is Alex's baby. But a MikeTuneIN, or something like that has posted in PB Apps Forum, that a PB version is in the works. Actually it was intially released and then pulled I believe, BUT it IS coming back, they just need to do some more work on it. Unfortunately they can't test on the PB like we can here.
    04-26-11 03:23 PM
    mp3 streams format is not different from mp3 file format so if you record from mp3 sources, you can rename .data file to mp3 and it will play elsewhere. It will not work with any other stream format though.
    Why not save the recordings as mp3s right away? I don't think the phone can rename the file type within the phone, unless one of the file manager paid apps like filescout got the capability to do so.

In any case, it would be great if the app can deal with it's own recordings without the need to alter things using a second app, or a computer.
    04-26-11 09:02 PM
    Why not save the recordings as mp3s right away? I don't think the phone can rename the file type within the phone, unless one of the file manager paid apps like filescout got the capability to do so.

In any case, it would be great if the app can deal with it's own recordings without the need to alter things using a second app, or a computer.
    If all streams were mp3, that would be possible. However this is not the case (about half of the streams are in AAC or Windows formats) and there is no way to convert non-mp3 stream into mp3 on the device. Therefore playing recordings outside of the app is not currently supported.
    04-27-11 05:09 AM
    While poking around with the recording function, I noticed that I have an option to "Choose Stream". For example, on KJCE (a talk station served by StreamTheWorld), I have a choice of AAC, MP3 and WMA. If I chose AAC and then record it, I am able to copy the data file out to my PC, change the extension back to AAC and play it in Winamp.
    Q1: Is that because all 3 choices are really just the same MP3 stream, or is there really a difference between the streams?
    Q2: Where does that choice come from? The stream provider? What do the "reliability" numbers mean?
    04-27-11 10:11 AM
    While poking around with the recording function, I noticed that I have an option to "Choose Stream". For example, on KJCE (a talk station served by StreamTheWorld), I have a choice of AAC, MP3 and WMA. If I chose AAC and then record it, I am able to copy the data file out to my PC, change the extension back to AAC and play it in Winamp.
    Q1: Is that because all 3 choices are really just the same MP3 stream, or is there really a difference between the streams?
    Q2: Where does that choice come from? The stream provider? What do the "reliability" numbers mean?
    A1. Different streams are different. Although sometimes there might be an error in the database and the stream type displays incorrectly, generally it would match. Also the app displays the actual stream type in the status text. I did experiment playing different recordings in desktop player and got mixed results (mp3 works, aac sometimes works, sometimes not, sometimes plays at double speed etc). You are free to experiment with it but since for now there is no reliable way to make all recordings "portable" it's not supported.
    A2. TuneIn maintains database of available streams for each station. Reliability numbers are calculated by TuneIn back-end based on tuning success rate from different clients.
    04-27-11 10:25 AM
    So far I'm very pleased with the app, one feauture request tho, is it possible to have the app record with out having to keep the app open? For example sending it to the background when I leave the app, but with no sound at all?

04-27-11 11:23 PM
    So far I'm very pleased with the app, one feauture request tho, is it possible to have the app record with out having to keep the app open? For example sending it to the background when I leave the app, but with no sound at all?
    You can do that. Just set the volume to 0, or pause the playback. It will continue to record and you can send it to the background. Setting volume, pausing or seeking within buffer doesn't affect recording at all.
    04-27-11 11:28 PM
    Attention beta users! The updated build (version 2.0 build 210) is available for download from the beta download location (you may need to refresh the page to see it). It is based on your feedback sent in this thread, over PMs and e-mail. Thanks to everyone contributed -- you will surely recognize some items in the list below.

• Bigger buttons for touch screen devices
    • Hotkeys (work on Now playing screen): Back, Forward, Live for quick navigation within pause buffer
    • The time interval used in Forward and Back commands is configurable
    • Pause buffer size is configurable
    • Seek bar now has the context menu with the above-mentioned so if you use Storm these functions are still accessible
    • Song titles (if provided by the stream) are saved with the recording and displayed when playing it back
    • Jump to Song now works with recordings
    • Recordings dialog is redesigned to show recording size and duration
    • Fixed several minor bugs
    • Added a new bug as per feature request above

If you know someone with BB Curve, please tell them about this post -- I still need their help. Thanks again!
    04-28-11 05:17 PM
    Really digging the Back, Forward, and Live keys. Thanks, Alex!

(Still like to see a Search key, though )

04-28-11 06:50 PM
    Nice update.

I don't know why you don't offer it up for purchase. Its ready. You can still add features as updates.
    I haven't found any bugs.
    Great app mate

04-29-11 02:15 AM
    So far so good with the latest version. Tried the recordings for the first time, which is awesome.
    04-29-11 08:17 AM
    DLing the update now. I know some of the changes were things I was looking for too. Awesome work.

Will try it our shortly......
    04-29-11 08:27 AM
    Loving the update Alex.

But I need your help.

Call it a senior moment, but I am not totally getting the meaning of everything in the pause buffer bar.....

I assume the following.....so please update me if I am not understanding it correctly:

- The dark (unhighlighted) green represents the "full" potential space of the buffer, regardless of what you have it set at for size.
    - The time(r) represents how far you are behind live.

Now, my real question is with the bright green (progress?) portion.....

- Is this intended to represent how much time is in the buffer? If so, what I don't understand is that if I pause, shouldn't I see the bright green overlay the entire dark green bar to show that the buffer is filling up to its max potential.

My apologies for not totally understanding this. I think I am confused based on how the pause/progress bar works on a TiVo.

Thanks ahead of time for helping me straighten this out.....
    04-29-11 08:45 AM
    Ok....I think I get it now.....

The bright green is intended to show the amount of space "left" in the buffer before you start losing data off the end.

What was confusing it for me was the fact that your time available to buffer is based on 128k streams whereas the one playing right now is at 33, so there is way more time that will be buffered than what I expected.

On a TiVo, you see the "movement" of the buffer to the right of where you are paused at as time moves forward....thus representing that more data/content is coming in beyond where you are.

And this is the way I was initially trying to think about it. Whereas the way you are looking at it (and ultimately saying the same thing) is based on "there isn't as much space left behind you...you have started to fill up the buffer"....

I think both ways work, I just needed to change m paradigm.....

Great work!
    Last edited by jlb21; 04-29-11 at 08:52 AM.
    04-29-11 08:48 AM
    Back, Forward and Live work great, with the configurable amount of shift being an extra treat.
    Also, I can see myself using the alarm function daily, but is there any chance to follow the lead of the Blackberry clock/alarm and have an option for weekday only? 5:00am comes awfully early on a Sunday morning.
    04-29-11 08:57 AM
    I have an additional feature request:

- Separate Configurable times for the Forward and Back.....

Often, you want to use a certain time for skipping forward quickly, but then shoot back just a bit. Again, like on a TiVo, if you are hitting fast foward to get thru commercials, hit play, realize you overshot a bit and use the instant replay (7sec) to move back a tiny bit.
    04-29-11 09:01 AM
    Alex,

I was 9:21 behind in the station I was listening to....

Just hit F to start skipping past some commericals. It froze, and then I got a white screen on my phone with an error (sorry, didn't look quickly enough to see what the error message was) and then my phone booted........

Will, perhaps, the tunein log capture that? What about another log on my phone?

Let me know if there is anything you want me to try and do.....
    alex.gavrilov likes this.
    04-29-11 09:16 AM
    Alex,

I was 9:21 behind in the station I was listening to....

Just hit F to start skipping past some commericals. It froze, and then I got a white screen on my phone with an error (sorry, didn't look quickly enough to see what the error message was) and then my phone booted........

Will, perhaps, the tunein log capture that? What about another log on my phone?

Let me know if there is anything you want me to try and do.....
    TuneIn log probably won't catch it but event log from the phone would be extremely useful. You can get it from your phone using BBSAK tool or you can use these steps instead:

1. Download to a PC the archive with required utility from http://voicq.com/bb/getlog.zip
    2. Unpack it
    3. Connect your BlackBerry to a PC using USB cable, wait for device to be recognized
    4. Launch getlog.bat file from folder where you unpacked the utility
    5. Send me crash.txt file, which will be created

If step 4 fails, you might need to install 'BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers ENG' from RIM support website.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do
    04-29-11 09:39 AM
218 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD