Does anyone know how much it would cost, on average, to develop a BlackBerry application (with the help of programmers)?

How much do companies usually charge when they take up on a project to make an application on demand?

If you could give me some rough estimates, that would be helpful. Thanks.
    10-22-10 12:22 AM
    i dont think there are any companies that do this are there?

The only people youd get to do something like this is an individual contractor.

I'm a java developer for a good few years and i spend a year or so in the middle doing some contracting. contractors get anything from 250 to 450 euro per day here in ireland. im sure its the same in america. but for a blackberry app i'm sure youd get someone alot cheaper than that. but unless you have a great idea it probably wouldnt be worth it. theres not all that much money to be made from apps really unless you got a great idea.

I developed BBSpeedOMeter (on the crackberrystore at the moment) and it only makes a couple of hundred dollars a month. i know that its not really an app alot of people want on their phone but i would say out of the couple of thousand apps up there theres only a select few that are making any real money. so im not sure if it would be worth paying a couple of thousand to get an app made.

download the SDK and learn yourself, its really not that hard. and there are plenty of resources, like these forums if you get stuck, theres always someone with the knowhow willing to help
    10-22-10 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD