I judt got my blackberry 8900 about a week ago. I rip all my dvds ver batim from my dvds to hardrive like direct copies. What I want to know is a good free or cheap program to convert to dvd rips to my blackberry and resize the video. I have an 8 gig card in my blackberry so size isn't an issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 08:44 PM
    handbrake (free)
    any dvd converter (cheap)
    Quicktime (cheap)
    07-30-09 09:54 PM
    handbrake hands down is the best.
    07-30-09 10:56 PM
    My App of Choice is called Format Factory. Here are some screen shots. It's free and I love it.

You can download it here: Format Factory - Free media file format converter
    07-30-09 11:07 PM
    thanks everyone
    07-31-09 01:16 AM
    I like the layout of the second program but it can't do direct DVD rips to a single file like handbrake can. Also, how do I change the aspect ratio of the video size when I convert?
    07-31-09 01:35 AM
    There are options when u click to convert. A windows opens and you can change the aspect ratio,nitrate, size, FPS, among other things. And yes you can rip directly from dvd into any supported filetype.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 01:43 AM
    I have xilisoft, but with DVDs/VOBs it seems to loose the video/audio sync
    07-31-09 02:44 AM
    checked it out and for some reason none of the above programs want to convert my stepbrothers rip I already have on my harddrive. I found a program called AutoGK that does it and it works but its kinda arcaic and i've tried to rip it now 3 times and each time I'm ripping the wrong audio track and I don't know how to fix it. First time I got the comentary and after that I got the wrong audio track and it left out the voices.
    08-01-09 12:35 PM
    nothing I guess?
    08-01-09 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD