Like the title says, is there a way to stop the Facebook program from synchronizing birthdays with my Tour? I already have all the birthdays manually programmed that I care about; I don't need to know about the b-days of ALL my FB friends! I already unchecked the "Sync Calendar" option in the FB App, but that didn't work. I kind of like the "Sync Contacts" thing, so I'm hoping that isn't the necessary option to disable. Is that it, or is there some way to stop b-days from synchronizing?
    07-20-09 06:38 AM
    I think I may have solved this myself. To anyone interested, here's what I did:

Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books and delete Facebook (CICAL). Then, I opened up Outlook on my PC, searched for all entries in my calendar that contained the word "Birthday" and deleted all the ones I didn't want. Then, just for good measure, I cleared the calendar on my BB using the DM. Then, I resynced, and finally, I had a calendar free of Facebook's addins.
    07-20-09 05:24 PM
    i dont use outlook, i cant do this fix and i need help!

i realize that having the "Contacts Application" in facebook checked, that it will automatically sync bdays in addition to contacts and pictures.

Problem is everything is good EXCEPT THE GOD DAMN BDAYS KEEP SYNCING PERIODICALLY! I hate deleting them one by one...
    10-19-09 10:39 PM
    p.s. the new facebook, 1.7 still does this. HELP!
    10-19-09 10:40 PM
    Go to the facebook application for Blackberry, menu click, options, uncheck "Blackberry Calender application", menu click and click save.
    10-19-09 10:59 PM
    Go to the facebook application for Blackberry, menu click, options, uncheck "Blackberry Calender application", menu click and click save.
    +1

10char
    10-20-09 12:08 AM
    +1

10char
    if you cared to read the OP, they said they already did that.
    10-20-09 01:54 AM
    i dont use outlook, i cant do this fix and i need help!

i realize that having the "Contacts Application" in facebook checked, that it will automatically sync bdays in addition to contacts and pictures.

Problem is everything is good EXCEPT THE GOD DAMN BDAYS KEEP SYNCING PERIODICALLY! I hate deleting them one by one...
    thats probably what you'll have to do.
    10-20-09 01:55 AM
    The birthdays come from the 'sync facebook w/ bb contacts' checkbox, not the calendar one.
    10-20-09 05:59 PM
    i know... unfortunately it sucks. the caller id photos and the information on the contacts is great.... except i dont need to know 8 million birthdays on my BB calendar. i've given up and i've unchecked the "contacts application" box.

it is what it is, and there is no way around the Birthday Sync when having the Contacts App enabled. at least the caller id photos are still saved, from the last "takeover / update"
    10-20-09 11:31 PM
    Have u tried looking around on the actual fb options maybe there's a way to shut off bdays
    from showing up on ur actual fb and in turn it wouldn't show for bb either just tossing the idea out there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD