The bb maps seem ok, but I was wondering what everybody's preference is. I like google maps a lot on other devices, but seem to be having trouble getting them downloaded and installed. I always get the "gateway timeout" error when using the bb browser. My desktop man. Has trouble seeing the app. Kinda new back on bb again so any google map advice appreciated and best map app that works well comments also. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 02:01 PM
    BBmaps is a lot better than it used to be, but it still basically sucks. Missing a lot of features that free options like Google Maps and Bing Maps have.

You could always download the files individually (save the .jad file if you can find the link to it to your PC, edit it in Notepad and download all the individual .cod files mentioned in it. Then throw them all in a folder on your memory card and open the .jad file in your Files application and it will install locally).
    06-09-10 02:07 PM
    BBmaps is a lot better than it used to be, but it still basically sucks. Missing a lot of features that free options like Google Maps and Bing Maps have.

You could always download the files individually (save the .jad file if you can find the link to it to your PC, edit it in Notepad and download all the individual .cod files mentioned in it. Then throw them all in a folder on your memory card and open the .jad file in your Files application and it will install locally).
    Wow, that's sounds like fun, but thanks. My bb maps actually work fairly accurately most of the time. I like googles reliability and sat. view.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD