Hi, this is my first port here. Great forum, btw.

As the title asks, what is the best ereader for the torch. I read that mobipocket isn't supported by the torch. I am not sure about wattpad. I do not live in the States, so I am not sure if the kindle app will work for me. I have a couple of pdf books that I would like to read on my torch. I do not want to read them as pdf because I would like the option of resizing font and what not you would get from a ereader.

Thanks for the help

PS I absolutely do not mind converting the pdfs.
    11-21-10 04:52 PM
    PDF To Go, which comes with Docs to Go Premium, will open them. I got the Docs To Go bundle for lots of reasons...but it is pricey. Barnes & Noble has a free ereader for their ebooks and eReader also has a free reader. You may find your pdf's already converted to this format for free from Project Guttenberg if they are Classics or Public Domain. Search Google and you can find a ton of free ebooks that will make the eReader format worth your while. Happy hunting!
    11-21-10 05:17 PM
    I actually have successfully loaded mobipocket on my Torch and enjoy reading from it every day. I don't recall the hoops that I jumped through but if it asked me to choose a platform I chose the Storm. It worked!
    11-21-10 08:13 PM
    cool .. Thanks for the replies. I'll give mobipocket a try.
    11-21-10 08:15 PM
    Yeah, mobipocket works fine on my torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 11:40 PM
    I'm using the Kindle app -- I found an OTA link on the web. It's not designed for the Torch, but it works fine, save for the fact that you can't view in landscsape. This is useful because it synchronizes with my iPad, so wherever I've left off reading one one device, the bookmarks get transferred over to the other. There is a Kobo app that I used when I had the Bold that I sorely miss, but it doesn't work for the Torch.
    11-22-10 07:08 AM
    I didn't like that mobipocket would stay in memory. The Kindle app doesn't and works with all the books I had for mobipocket so I switched to that. I would like to have autoscroll for hands free reading while I eat (had this on my old palm tx and really miss it, app there was plucker) but I haven't seen a BB app that does this.
    11-23-10 10:22 AM
    i would like to try the kindle app, but amazon says that the kindle app is not allowed for people outside of the US. Thus I cannot install it through the amazon site. Is there an OTA that I can try it out?
    11-23-10 12:50 PM
    i would like to try the kindle app, but amazon says that the kindle app is not allowed for people outside of the US. Thus I cannot install it through the amazon site. Is there an OTA that I can try it out?
    http://klamath.s3.amazonaws.com/r2b/kindle.jad
    11-23-10 01:49 PM
    I didn't like that mobipocket would stay in memory.
    Shift then Q key will fully close Mobipocket so it isn't running in the background.

And it does landscape.
    Last edited by DD1968; 11-23-10 at 03:05 PM.
    11-23-10 03:01 PM
    Shift then Q key will fully close Mobipocket so it isn't running in the background.

And it does landscape.
    Well, dang...
    11-23-10 03:31 PM
    i got the kindle and mobipocket installed and would be trying both to see how well they do. Thanks for all the help. The kindle ota really helped.
    11-25-10 05:15 PM
    Have tried both the kindle and mobipocket on the BlackBerry Torch, mobipocket won out and kindle has been removed.
    12-22-10 01:01 PM
    I installed the Storm version of Mobipocket on my torch and can't get past the eBookstore page, I get an error saying it cant connect to the eBookstores. I tried some of the settings in the "help" button area and have no idea what I am messing with....clearly this isn't a program that is user friendly. I need simple, geek-free installation and operation of apps.
    02-05-11 04:10 PM
    For UK people - Your county library has ebooks and the "Overdrive Media Console" which is the library download works brilliantly on the Torch - both portrait and landscape.
    05-02-11 12:15 PM
    I use the Kindle App on my Storm2 and use the Kindle desktop app on my laptop.
    They work great together.
    Good Luck
    05-02-11 07:58 PM
    I had a Kindle e-reader prior to getting the Torch. So I have Kindle for Torch, and iTouch, and PC, and mac. Works for me.
    05-02-11 10:13 PM
    I'm using the Kindle app -- I found an OTA link on the web. It's not designed for the Torch, but it works fine, save for the fact that you can't view in landscsape. This is useful because it synchronizes with my iPad, so wherever I've left off reading one one device, the bookmarks get transferred over to the other. There is a Kobo app that I used when I had the Bold that I sorely miss, but it doesn't work for the Torch.
    Hi, I have the Kobo app on my torch and it works great!!
    05-22-11 02:02 PM
    Overdrive freezes up my Torch after months of operating well. Can't download or open Overdrve...have deleted and reinstalled several time. Pulled battery etc nothing works. Anybody -Help?
    05-25-11 04:40 PM
    going to take the plunge and try kobo. just bought some 4 my M/D so b nice 2 share ebooks
    07-19-11 10:16 PM
    oh how secure is it to purchase thru the phone?
    07-19-11 10:37 PM
    I wonder, DD1968, just how did you install mobipocket on your Torch ? I have the 9800, and I have Desktop Manager, but I can't seem to figure out how.
    06-16-12 01:09 PM
    I wonder, DD1968, just how did you install mobipocket on your Torch ? I have the 9800, and I have Desktop Manager, but I can't seem to figure out how.
    From here OTA:

http://m.mobipocket.com/

Choose the storm/touchscreen beta.
    Last edited by DD1968; 06-17-12 at 04:04 PM.
    06-17-12 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD