HI guys, I just bought a 9700 yesterday. Very last one where i live! however I have reasons to believe that this phone could be used or something to that capacity that it may be an open box. I popped my battery in and the screen took a long time to boot up the first time and it asked me for all my information like date and time and email etc. So i assume it must be new?

However i noticed that apps like Blackberry apps world is not in there.... If possible can anyone from the rogers carrier tell me ALL the apps they got when they got their phone.

Help is much appreciated. Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 12:53 AM
    App world is never pre loaded on Rogers devices.
    11-14-09 01:17 AM
    Pardon my ignorance but I thought i saw it on a youtube clip during an unboxing that there was. I could totally be wrong. Is there then a way to determine if this phone has been used?

11-14-09 01:19 AM
    No way to tell. As long as your device is working, I fail to see why it would matter.
    11-14-09 01:24 AM
    Ok what about the media icon. its not like the 8900 or any previous versions. it just has a folder with a play arrow on it. is that the same for you guys?

11-14-09 01:25 AM
    and all i got in my downloads folder is something called "get new games" and "blackberry help!"

11-14-09 01:26 AM
    Ok what about the media icon. its not like the 8900 or any previous versions. it just has a folder with a play arrow on it. is that the same for you guys?

I suppose you're right... im just being a little paranoid.

11-14-09 01:26 AM

It's the new 5.0 OS theme icons.
    11-14-09 01:33 AM
    ya it became evident to me now. if you look at the rogers.com website and see the 9700 image, the icons are outdated.

11-14-09 01:38 AM
    Everything you are explaining seems exactly what I got on NOV 3 the first day they had it for sale.

11-14-09 02:15 AM
    App world is never pre loaded on Rogers devices.
    I can agree with Bla1ze as this is my second Rogers 9700 and App World wasn't pre-loaded.
    11-14-09 09:56 PM
    I can agree with Bla1ze as this is my second Rogers 9700 and App World wasn't pre-loaded.
    So does that mean you only had 2 items in your download folder? Just curious

11-15-09 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD