I feel like it's all sound bites and superficial stuff. Or if there's more interesting stuff, I tend to read it in a newspaper anyway. I have a weather app already, I have a check my flights thing, I have better ways to look for restaurants, I don't follow sports, I don't really care about entertainment news..... I know it's just me, my habits and tastes. But every time I download it and try to use it, I find it boring.

So I'm curious what other people tend to use it the most for.
    What's a "newspaper"?
    04-10-09 01:43 PM
    What's a "newspaper"?
    It's where we used to read about our "records".
    04-10-09 01:45 PM
    It's where we used to read about our "records".
    I thought it was for a quick wipe of your winshield.
    04-10-09 01:46 PM
    I thought it was for a quick wipe of your winshield.
    What's a "windshield"?
    04-10-09 01:49 PM
    What's a "windshield"?
    Those big windows they put on cars so that bird caca doesn't find its way inside your car.
    04-10-09 01:50 PM
    Those big windows they put on cars so that bird caca doesn't find its way inside your car.
    Cars have windows now?!?
    04-10-09 01:51 PM
    What's a "newspaper"?
    A couple of times a week this folded mass of soft pulped wood arrives at my doorstep and I pick it up and gaze intently at the dark blotches that run in lines across it. Somehow, it all makes sense to me.
    04-10-09 01:56 PM
    well i think there are a lot of other ways now a days to get RSS. Lots of sites use twitter so all the updates are in one stream.

I use to use this on WindowsMobile but ive found less use for it now that Ive gotten into Twitter, i get all my updates for crackberry, wmexperts, engadget, etc right in the one feed
    04-10-09 02:11 PM
    well i think there are a lot of other ways now a days to get RSS. Lots of sites use twitter so all the updates are in one stream.

I use to use this on WindowsMobile but ive found less use for it now that Ive gotten into Twitter, i get all my updates for crackberry, wmexperts, engadget, etc right in the one feed
    Im new to this "twatting" thing, but Im not sure I follow you.. How do you use twitter to get updates from forums, blogs, etc?
    04-10-09 04:15 PM
    ....when to switch on the hydroponics.....
    The hydro is always flowin, man..

But it will let me know if something overflows.
    04-10-09 04:16 PM
    Im new to this "twatting" thing, but Im not sure I follow you.. How do you use twitter to get updates from forums, blogs, etc?
    I believe the correct english is "done twittereded".
    04-10-09 04:16 PM
    You have to set up twitter to allow the updates and add in the blogs and forums you want to follow.
    04-10-09 04:19 PM
    Feeds from -
    Ars Technica, Engadget, BoyGenius, BlackberryCool, PerezHilton, Crackberry Blogz, and 1up.com to name a few. It's BY FAR my most used app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 04:35 PM
    I love viigo.. one of my favourite apps for sure!
    04-10-09 06:49 PM
    I feel like it's all sound bites and superficial stuff. Or if there's more interesting stuff, I tend to read it in a newspaper anyway. I have a weather app already, I have a check my flights thing, I have better ways to look for restaurants, I don't follow sports, I don't really care about entertainment news..... I know it's just me, my habits and tastes. But every time I download it and try to use it, I find it boring.

So I'm curious what other people tend to use it the most for.
    It is only superficial if you either: 1. don't click to read the full article, which is the same article that would appear in a newspaper or 2. Only use superficial RSS sources.

There is a wealth of news sources on the web from which to choose. I have UPI, Reuters, AP, my local newspaper, and many many more. I don't understand how it could be superficial. I am a new junkie and since I routinely travel worldwide, usually by ship, I love the fact I can get full news articles wherever I am. I use it at home as well.

If you find it superficial you are doing it wrong.
    04-11-09 11:01 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD