BB Weather and BerryWeather are two different weather apps. One is free (BB Weather) and the other cost ~$10 (BerryWeather).
    Thanks for clearing that up!

I still don't *ahem* get the point of Poynt. I know what it does but I don't see how it's better than Telenav, BB Maps, or Google Maps (aside from the current GPS glitch on Sprint).
    09-12-09 05:38 PM
    poynt..love it
    09-12-09 07:07 PM
    Poynt is better! I just use where when I have to check for gas prices, which isn't very often. But to find anything else I use poynt. It's real accurate
    09-12-09 07:51 PM
    I use Poynt. It has a much nicer UI, locks onto my GPS or Cell Tower super quick, and last time I checked, Where wasn't available in the UK.
    09-13-09 03:03 AM
    I was using Where instead of Poynt until Poynt fixed its GPS lock problem with Sprint Tour. Although Where is a good app, I like Poynt's interface a bit more and having both of them was redundant.
    09-13-09 04:03 AM
    Thanks for clearing that up!

I still don't *ahem* get the point of Poynt. I know what it does but I don't see how it's better than Telenav, BB Maps, or Google Maps (aside from the current GPS glitch on Sprint).
    Some of us don't get to use Telenav for free (sniffle), Google maps does not work properly with Sprint Tours, and comparing Poynt to BBMaps is apples to oranges.
    09-13-09 04:08 AM
    I use them both, but Poynt mostly. While looking for an address a couple of weeks ago while my wife was driving, I fired up Poynt and input just part of the name; moments later we had the all the information we needed and the trip was a success. Poynt to the rescue.
    09-13-09 06:55 AM
    I have been using where and love it...
    09-13-09 09:48 AM
    I find btSidekick more robust than Poynt. Wasn't getting accurate results in Poynt when tested on same search side by side. That said, I actually used it maybe once. Normally, I'll just use my Garmin GPS.

For weather, since it's kind of become a side question.. Weatherberry. Before that, my free choice was WeatherBug.
    09-13-09 11:44 AM
    Hmmm. Never heard of btSidekick. I'll have to go google it and check it out. Thanks sheld. Always lookin for somethin new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 08:11 PM
    Wow!! Just downloaded btsidekick. It's pretty darn good. I actually like it a lot. Wonder why I never heard of it before. Only things I see right off the bat are that it's a beta version. In their about section it says weather is comin with the new version. Other downfall seems to be movies doesn't list movies just the place and a phone number. Poynt and Where have actual movies and times. Other than that this is a great app.
    Think I'll start a thread tomorrow tellin people about it. Unless you wanna Sheldonbk. You deserve the credit!!
    Thanks.

09-13-09 08:35 PM
    Some of us don't get to use Telenav for free (sniffle), Google maps does not work properly with Sprint Tours, and comparing Poynt to BBMaps is apples to oranges.
    I don't get to use Telenav for free either, but it is part of my plan. Which would you use if Telenav was free?

09-13-09 11:11 PM
    dchawk81. Dude, that Avatar is creepin me out. I'm afraid to answer your question!! And I live in PA too so forget it!!
    09-14-09 12:00 PM
    Dang! Where just got an update today! Now what??
    09-14-09 12:20 PM
    i use poynt i had where but poynt is a lot better(interface,gps,etc) only diff with where is that i liked it for gas prices other than that poynt does it all...curious y would you want weather? I mite email poynt to see if they could add gas prices. i like most have a weather app for environment.
    09-14-09 12:25 PM
    I use poynt. i like the reverse lookup part and as far as gps goes it hasent failed yet.
    09-14-09 05:18 PM
    I just think it's nice that Where has weather right there and, to be honest, it's a nice weather app that they included. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a "weather app for environment" buy Where's weather does use gps.
    09-15-09 11:26 AM
    I use the Poynt but it has trouble locating my GPS. What is up with that? Any ideas or help?
    09-15-09 11:33 AM
    where can I download Where from?
    09-16-09 08:42 AM
    Poynt is great!
    09-16-09 09:17 AM
    Wow!! Just downloaded btsidekick. It's pretty darn good. I actually like it a lot. Wonder why I never heard of it before. Only things I see right off the bat are that it's a beta version. In their about section it says weather is comin with the new version. Other downfall seems to be movies doesn't list movies just the place and a phone number. Poynt and Where have actual movies and times. Other than that this is a great app.
    Think I'll start a thread tomorrow tellin people about it. Unless you wanna Sheldonbk. You deserve the credit!!
    Thanks.

I haven't gone to a movie in a theatre for about 8 yrs, so the movie feature isn't important for me. I've also tested head-to-head results w/Poynte & been happier w/this App. Many more categories also makes it easier to search w/btsidekick.

I'm happy to have shared the info and that at least one person found my comments helpful. No credit necessary.

09-16-09 09:36 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD