Just read the newest review from CB on Poynt. It got me to thinking. Which app is better, SuperPages or Poynt? I have SuperPages installed now use it a lot when I'm out of town.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 07:16 PM
    I prefer SuperPages over Poynt. The search results were faster user SuperPages for me.
    I also tried the map feature on each for a few stores in my area. SuperPages mapped them correctly. Poynt did not.
    With the new added features, I may be tempted to give Poynt another shot. I have so many apps on my berry, I'm not sure if I have room for more. If it's that good....then I'll make room.
    Last edited by cdf3; 06-03-09 at 11:11 PM.
    06-03-09 11:05 PM
    I was using Superpages and when I saw Poynt was updated, I thought I'd give it a try. Still playing around. I really like how it maps it out right on BB Maps for me. (Much easier for me because of VZW's GPS lock on 3rd party apps). I can see how the menu on Superpages is superior due to the different categories but personally I didn't use them much.

So, for now just using Poynt and we'll see how that goes.

06-04-09 06:04 AM
    Poynt is powered by superpage.com

06-05-09 09:07 AM
    Is anyone running Poynt on the Blackberry Storm? I am running OS .148 and I noticed since installing that the hour glass returned and that responses are slower. Being the fast typer that I am (yes I do have my tap settings to high), after installing Poynt and typing, I found that I would be stuck on one letter however I have already typed 6 other characters, almost as if the device had to think of what it was doing. I like the program but had to delete it due to the overall interactions affected when using other programs. I am back to no hour glasses and quick responses.
    06-05-09 11:49 AM
    I take option C Live Search Mobile. I think the directions are better and I see more things come up when I search. Tried Poynt and berry411 and superpages and Live Search is just a better app.
    06-05-09 06:22 PM
    Just read the newest review from CB on Poynt. It got me to thinking. Which app is better, SuperPages or Poynt? I have SuperPages installed now use it a lot when I'm out of town.

Thanks in advance.

I just installed it and I searched for a specific location in Poynt and then in Superpages. Poynt found it, Superpages did not.

What I really like is that I have Gokivo installed for voice navigation and when I selected Map Route from Poynt it automatically opened Gokivo and started navigation.

I think this is a keeper. I am planning a vacation in 2 weeks and will test it out more while on the road.

06-06-09 12:05 PM
    Been using Poynt for around a month now...Love the app...very handy

Although I am confused about one thing...I remember reading something about being able to watch movie trailers on Poynt...yet I don't see that option anywhere...I have the newest version.
    06-06-09 12:29 PM
    Been using Poynt for around a month now...Love the app...very handy

Although I am confused about one thing...I remember reading something about being able to watch movie trailers on Poynt...yet I don't see that option anywhere...I have the newest version.
    Yes. When u have the movie you want to see u click on it and the menu come up and viewing trailers is one of the choices

06-06-09 11:40 PM
    Hi amosrock!

Unfortunately the 8330 does not have the device capabilities requires to view trailers. Trailers are only available on the 8900, 9000, 8200, 9500 and 9600 series devices.
    06-07-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD