I have both right now but I can't decide which is better. They both find a decent amount of places around me. BTSidekick is organized a little better. Poynt sometimes finds more places, but not always. Poynt also has reverse look up, which is very useful! BTSidekick will find places based on keywords, like Twister found KFC for their twister chicken wrap. Poynt found Twister places that were 200 mi away! Which is good, I guess lol. So I was just wondering what your guys' opinions were on these two apps?! Thanks!
    08-10-09 05:12 PM
    If you are looking for 'pure' local search and all-in-one, I feel BTSidekick is better.

I design user interfaces and it looks like these guys have done all the right stuff; they have identified the most common services that people search for and provided a list of favorites (Of course, the top 3 services seem like it benefits the company that created the App, which I would understand since they have to monetize the App). So all you need to do is point and click, and they have kept user-typing to a minimum. Also, Maps are built-in to the App, so you don't end up opening another App and toggling back and forth. And lastly, I like seeing the 'Street Address' in the Location bar; Very cool

Poynt is a more mature app; they have been around since last year. It looks like BTSidekick is the 'new kid on the block'; BTSidekick was launched in July.

Poynt supports all blackberries and has extras like reverse look-up and movies. They also integrate with Google Maps & BB Maps. I think I read somewhere that they will allow you to book tables at restaurants in the next version.

I read on the BTSidekick 'About' page, that they will offer support for the Storm in the next version, and some other 'Application Enhancements', so at that time they will also support all blackberries (Probably September). I also read that they will integrate with Google Maps & BB Maps in a future version. Since these guys just got started, I am sure there is more good stuff to come.

Good to see competition; better for us consumers
    Last edited by winxpguy; 08-11-09 at 10:35 AM.
    08-10-09 09:46 PM
    I like both also and will keep both apps on my BB, why not?
    08-10-09 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD