Downloaded poynt on my Storm 2 today and set the Google map to my default. When I click to get directions irt defaults to the BB map. Any ideas?
    01-07-10 03:01 PM
    Downloaded poynt on my Storm 2 today and set the Google map to my default. When I click to get directions irt defaults to the BB map. Any ideas?
    I'm guessing you're clicking on "Map Route" to get directions. If so, it will default to the BB map (from what I understand). To use Google maps for directions: Within Poynt, click on "Map Listing" and not "Map Route". Once this opens up Google maps, click on the location icon and select "Get Directions"
    01-07-10 03:16 PM
    Actually for me it gives me the option of BB Maps or Telenav...
    01-07-10 04:00 PM
    Actually for me it gives me the option of BB Maps or Telenav...
    If you have a 3rd party navigation program such as Telenav or VZ Navigator, you will have that option. If not, and you want to use Google maps (instead of BB Maps) for navigation, you have to first click "Map Listing" from Poynt and then "Get Directions" from Google Maps.
    01-07-10 04:27 PM
    Thank you guys. Tried it. Works like a charm!! This is probably one of the best free apps out there hands down!!
    01-07-10 04:29 PM
    Delete BBMaps. I did, no issues.
    01-07-10 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD