I keep seeing ALL these crazy rants about how awesome Poynt is. But it seems exactly like LiveSearch.

I have livesearch and love it, anyone try both? Which ones better, and why
    04-20-09 09:11 PM
    I was a die hard Live search user until I got the 8900 which Live wouldn't work for the first 2 months I had it. During that time I used Poynt and really grew to like it's simplicity and accuracy with GPS. When Live released the update making work on os 4.6 I never even installed it. One less MicroSoft app.
    04-20-09 09:15 PM
    So you do recommend poynt over livesearch 100%? Does it do the same things? More, Less?
    04-20-09 09:20 PM
    Live actually has a few more options, like traffic and weather. But I didn't use those as I have other apps that do those things much better. Poynt is much faster and Poynt is smaller at 207848 bytes.
    Live is 288332. You should just install them both and let them duke it out for a week or so. Use both until you find which better suites your needs.
    04-20-09 09:28 PM
    Good call.
    04-20-09 09:29 PM
    I prefer live search over poynt, but deleted both from my phone. they're both pretty good though. poynt has less features but it's nice and works with bbmaps or google maps, but I liked all the things that live search had on it.
    04-20-09 09:37 PM
    the one thing i use with live search that i like is that i can search restaurants in an area by category... i can put in a location and search for all the Italian restaurants.. with poynt u have to know the name of a place to look up .. cant look up by category ...

i have installed the version of livesearch that is for RIM OS 4.6 .. being told that it works better being that the one for 4.7 is for touch screen ... but every so often when i hold down the BB menu button i see livesearch icon ... when i click on it i get this error:
    please ensure your wireless connection is turned on and restart LiveSearch

i tried WHERE but i dont like the fact that u cannot add what u find to your address book ...

what is the version of LiveSearch that is working properly on the TOUR
    when i go to options/applications... live search shows version:
    when i go into LiveSearch/options/about i see version: 2.1.3048.13898 (beta)

Now that i think about it .. arent the newest versions called BLING?
    Last edited by ToNeBerry24; 08-03-09 at 07:14 AM.
    08-03-09 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD