What is everyone's opinion on search services? Which is the best for the Verizon Storm?
    06-03-09 09:23 AM
    Bing by MS
    06-03-09 09:29 AM
    I use them in this order:
    1) SuperPages Mobile
    2) LiveSearch
    3) Beyond411 Search

I tried Poynt but the search process was too slow. I think it receives it search results from SuperPages. So I prefer to get faster results directly from the SuperPages app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 10:25 AM
    I'm loving Poynt. Been using it almost daily on this new side of town that I'm working at now. Comes in handy quite often.I swear by it.
    06-03-09 10:34 AM
    poynt by far, especially with gps....its amazing
    06-03-09 02:44 PM
    Now that Poynt works with Gokivo directly, the combination is better than anything I've tried. Faster and more accurate/powerful than Gokivo's built in search, and it's a single click from Poynt to map location in Google Maps or map route in Gokivo. Fast, easy, flexible. Good stuff. The movie trailers are awesome too.

06-03-09 03:53 PM
    Poynt!

06-03-09 08:37 PM
    Looks like Poynt it is! Thanks guys!
    06-06-09 01:52 PM
    I wish I could use poynt! But I have verizon =(. What's the next best thing for my verizon curve?

06-06-09 02:47 PM
    I use ponyt on my curve? What's ur problem. Sure google maps isn't gps unlocked buts its still usable?

06-06-09 04:43 PM
    Poynt works on Verizon now... Sort of. Instead of zeroing in on your exact location, it finds the nearest cell tower to where you are, so it'll still come up with some pretty solid search results.

06-06-09 05:47 PM
    If it'll do a cell tower search with Verizon, perhaps I will give it another shot.
    06-06-09 09:21 PM
    Poynt works on Verizon now... Sort of. Instead of zeroing in on your exact location, it finds the nearest cell tower to where you are, so it'll still come up with some pretty solid search results.

What did you do to get it to work with the Verizon cell towers?
    I just installed it, and it keeps saying GPS not supported. It asks me to enter an address, city, or zip code. It never did the cell tower search like in Google Maps.
    06-06-09 09:33 PM
    I had poynt and it seemed usless unless you wanted movie times, I use livesearch and berry411, am i missing something in poynt? Should I give it another run?
    06-06-09 11:05 PM
    As for giving it another run....let me save you some time and space on your BlackBerry. It's useless to me. I can't see what people are raving about.
    I gave it another try, and the searches were useless.
    It does a People search using White Pages. I put in my first and last name, and used my zip code as a search location. It couldn't find me at all. I did the same thing by going to whitepages.com using my BlackBerry browser. It gave my name, street address, my age range, and who lived with me. I did a few relatives, and Poynt couldn't find them either. Whitepages.com found them with no problem. Even the people search on the SuperPages app found me.

The business search is still slow as usual using Poynt. I get much faster results by using Live Search, SuperPages, or Beyond411 apps.

I'm about to free up some memory on my berry.....bye bye Poynt.
    Or should I say...what's the Poynt of having this app on my berry.
    06-06-09 11:25 PM
    poynt owns them all.
    06-07-09 01:18 AM
    I used to use both Live Search and Poynt. I really liked the GPS feature and overall look of Poynt, but Poynt consistently overlooked locations that Live Search picked up on. Live Search always generated more results, several of which Poynt never generated. Live Search all the way for me
    09-15-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD